The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wow she looks exotic. Was her dad in the service?

She married Quincy Jones and their daughter played in "Parks and Recreation"....

article-2760386-21723B5F00000578-604_634x884.jpg

I like Quincy's dressing for comfort style....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I never said that and that’s not the case. Actually I forget where that point of not paying takes place actually. But usually it’s so low those people probably get more than they would ever put in anyway. At some point when you don’t make but so much taking away makes no sense because you would generally reimburse them more than you could ever tax them.

You're confusing tax breaks with tax rates now.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    She married Quincy Jones and their daughter played in "Parks and Recreation"....

article-2760386-21723B5F00000578-604_634x884.jpg

I like Quincy's dressing for comfort style....

Yeah, and I thought she actually divorced him as well. Frankly I think the PJ look is way overrated. Sloppy is sloppy, and lazy if you ask me.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I never said that and that’s not the case. Actually I forget where that point of not paying takes place actually. But usually it’s so low those people probably get more than they would ever put in anyway. At some point when you don’t make but so much taking away makes no sense because you would generally reimburse them more than you could ever tax them.

I think the bottom 46% pay zero income tax. Most actually earn money on tax day.

Your last sentence is the exact explanation of why any tax cut is labeled a "tax cut for the wealthy that doesn't help the low income". How can a tax cut help those who don't pay?

the only fair way to go is tax consumption. Keep what you earn and pay a sales tax on your purchases. Wealthy spend a lot more than the poor. Wonderful system.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Liberals? It seems to me the republicans are very good at adding to the deficit. Trump is advocating tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and corporations and will add to the deficit. The Laffer Curves have NEVER worked.

deficittogdppctwoevents_001.jpg

Yes Republicans add to the deficit. I'll let you in on a little secret:
    Being Republican doesn't mean you're not a Liberal.

I assume by your chart that you figure the Reagan tax cuts had nothing to do with the economy boom in the 90's?

Yes initially the tax cuts will grow the deficit, in the long run the lower taxes will encourage businesses to grow and hire thus leading to more people paying taxes this leading to more revenue taken in.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Explain to me how a flat tax would not require those who make more to pay more? And the tax plan being debated doesn't even approach a flat tax. It is still disproportionate based upon income.

I never said I would be against a flat tax. In fact if I remember correctly this has great potential and may actually even be more fair.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I think the bottom 46% pay zero income tax. Most actually earn money on tax day.

Your last sentence is the exact explanation of why any tax cut is labeled a "tax cut for the wealthy that doesn't help the low income". How can a tax cut help those who don't pay?

the only fair way to go is tax consumption. Keep what you earn and pay a sales tax on your purchases. Wealthy spend a lot more than the poor. Wonderful system.

Last I heard 90% of the revenue taken in comes from the top 10% of wage earners. Still trying to figure out how the wealthy don't pay their fair share.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yes Republicans add to the deficit. I'll let you in on a little secret:
    Being Republican doesn't mean you're not a Liberal.

I assume by your chart that you figure the Reagan tax cuts had nothing to do with the economy boom in the 90's?

Yes initially the tax cuts will grow the deficit, in the long run the lower taxes will encourage businesses to grow and hire thus leading to more people paying taxes this leading to more revenue taken in.

Of course in the period that takes to work Congress has already spent well beyond any possible benefit.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

No, I think your 46% is off a bit. Besides even if you get a refund that doesn’t mean Uncle Sam didn’t keep some. In fact even if you get back what you paid in Uncle Sam prevented you from earning interest on that sum. But as I said just because you get a refund doesn’t mean Uncle Sam didn’t retain a portion.

Hey, by everything I’ve heard I would be in favor of some of the other means of collecting taxes. But at some point a some have said and it’s way over due our spending has to be curtailed or eliminated in some cases. I’m all for tax reform, I just don’t see reasonable or actually any tax reform taking place, especially now.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

You Sir won the internet today, I wish this would happen!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The wealthy pay the vast majority of the taxes. If there is tax reform it stands to reason that those who pay the most are going to benefit the most. So, any reduction in taxes will benefit the wealthy the most. You ask for fairness. What could be more fair than those who pay the most seeing the biggest reduction?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The wealthy pay the vast majority of the taxes. If there is tax reform it stands to reason that those who pay the most are going to benefit the most. So, any reduction in taxes will benefit the wealthy the most. You ask for fairness. What could be more fair than those who pay the most seeing the biggest reduction?

You equate tax reform with tax reduction. I don’t. However I don’t have any problem with tax reduction if they were to take into consideration our deficit and make sure we do this in a reasonable and meaningful way. Our deficit is vntually going to overcome and overwhelm us. But there are other things they also need to take into consideration such as what things we are currently paying for that maybe we shouldn’t and which things we haven’t addressed but we absolutely need to. Have you driven on 69 between Anderson and Indy lately? You really don’t think widening this road will resolve all of these problems do you? We have a number of real problems we have failed to address for a long long time. They aren’t getting any better. Besides my comfort level our failing infrastructure will if not already have taken a toll on our potential future economy.

Thongs we have neglected with regards to our aging and failing infrastructure really need to be addressed. Roads, bridges, electric grid, sewers and so on. Problem is there is no votes to be gained by repairing and replacing things that already exist. But wait until these things fail.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well we're redistributing trillions to those who pay nothing. Perhaps we need to curtail that and redirect funds.

or are you suggesting the Feds do not get enough revenue as it is? And bedsides, tax cuts expand revenue to the government

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well we're redistributing trillions to those who pay nothing. Perhaps we need to curtail that and redirect funds.

or are you suggesting the Feds do not get enough revenue as it is? And bedsides, tax cuts expand revenue to the government

As I said I think we need to reduce spending where we can, invest where we need and must for our future, at the same time pay down our deficit. Maybe the whole tax cut thing actually should wait while we get our finances in order. Hey if they could do all of these things and cut our taxes I’d happy, but frankly I don’t think all of this can be achieved at the same time. In fact I have little hope they will do anything anyway.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I never said I would be against a flat tax. In fact if I remember correctly this has great potential and may actually even be more fair.

Hold on a second, how else would you describe what is being proposed, if not a flattening? It isn't making it flat, but it will be flatter (fairer, in your words) than it is now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom