The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a hard time seeing them being able to pass anything. Besides their whole premise is just as wrong as their premise on Healthcare. We’re going to come up with something that starts out not making any sense and attempt to sell something so blantly obviously wrong to the American people. Oh, we can cut taxes but it will end up decreasing and not increasing the deficit due to our new and improved voodoo economics. LOL
    What is blatantly wrong? I don't think the American people think in any kind of group like you are insinuating they do.

The really rich people in this country pay teams of lawyers and accountants to pay as little tax as they can. It is all perfectly legal and by the book. There are a large number of people/families in this country that some claim are rich, that are far from it. They end up paying a large percentage of their incomes as taxes. Decreasing tax rates while removing deductions would help a very large portion of the middle class/upper middle class.

If we could get congress to actual cut spending, that would be even better. Sadly, those idiots like to claim things like not increasing spending as much as planned is cutting spending. Neither side wants to cut spending, they only want to spend the money on their favorite items instead of the other sides favorite items.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I really detest Trump. I can't stand to watch him speak. I just know he will try to make a point and hash it all up and the MSM will pounce like the rabid dogs they are. But, then I watch Hillary on here "blame everyone but me" book tour and it convinces me that America still got the better end of the last election. It's really sad we are in such a state.
    I hate the rep system on here.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Birds Away again.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    What is blatantly wrong? I don't think the American people think in any kind of group like you are insinuating they do.

The really rich people in this country pay teams of lawyers and accountants to pay as little tax as they can. It is all perfectly legal and by the book. There are a large number of people/families in this country that some claim are rich, that are far from it. They end up paying a large percentage of their incomes as taxes. Decreasing tax rates while removing deductions would help a very large portion of the middle class/upper middle class.

If we could get congress to actual cut spending, that would be even better. Sadly, those idiots like to claim things like not increasing spending as much as planned is cutting spending. Neither side wants to cut spending, they only want to spend the money on their favorite items instead of the other sides favorite items.

Cutting entitlements, Yeah that’ll be the day.

Yeah, we’ll see how this plays out. I just don’t see Tax Reform having any better chance than their HeathCare Plan. I say the premise of cutting taxes and reducing the deficit is flawed thinking. Anyway early reports shows this hurting or not helping the little guy. Appears to me it really helps the richer folk. But here again DT is trying to sell something it just ain’t.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Yeah, we’ll see how this plays out. I just don’t see Tax Reform having any better chance than their HeathCare Plan. I say the premise of cutting taxes and reducing the deficit is flawed thinking. Anyway early reports shows this hurting or not helping the little guy. Appears to me it really helps the richer folk. But here again DT is trying to sell something it just ain’t.
    This is another core Republican idea, not necessarily a Trump idea.

The Republicans, again, can't come together on what exactly they want to do though, so it may end up going no where as well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Meh, classism. When logic and sound economics is tossed out in favor of jealousy.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This is another core Republican idea, not necessarily a Trump idea.

The Republicans, again, can't come together on what exactly they want to do though, so it may end up going no where as well.

The problem is that even Republicans depending where they come from often represent different constituents.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Meh, classism. When logic and sound economics is tossed out in favor of jealousy.

How about fair share, and no I don’t mean going as far as redistributiong wealth. But I do think there is such a thing as “fair share” and that does mean those with more should pay a bit more. Just not so much that it discouraginges working hard to get ahead or paying so much that others don’t have too.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    How about fair share, and no I don’t mean going as far as redistributiong wealth. But I do think there is such a thing as “fair share” and that does mean those with more should pay a bit more. Just not so much that it discouraginges working hard to get ahead or paying so much that others don’t have too.

Your fair share is what you earn. Your fair share of taxes is a percentage of what you've earned. I fail to grasp how making that percentage different depending upon your class is "fair" and anything other than classism marketed with populist language.

All of this presupposes we persist with our feudalist system instead of shifting to a more just method of funding the public coffers.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Your fair share is what you earn. Your fair share of taxes is a percentage of what you've earned. I fail to grasp how making that percentage different depending upon your class is "fair" and anything other than classism.

All of this presupposes we persist with our feudalist system instead of shifting to a more just method of funding the public coffers.

Well that’s one way to look at it. Not how I look at it, but that’s one way to look at it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Does that mean that Democrats don't represent constituents? It's all clear to me now. Thank you.

Nooooo, just that on a slim majority or even a bigger one in the House sometimes it’s extremely hard to get even the same party to agree because they do represent different ideals or ,more importantly different constituents Susan Collins anyone? Republican from Maine. Hard to see someone more conservative from the Republican Party being more successful or able to win or keep their seat from there.

Oh wait, you probably already knew that. Your just trying to shoot down a liberal messenger. Ah now I get it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    18b.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Well that’s one way to look at it. Not how I look at it, but that’s one way to look at it.

That's because you'd rather demand other people give up their money so you don't have to pay as much. That's jealousy, and you aren't alone in that. But the people who ran on that platform lost the election last fall. The people who did win are working on something that is less unjust.

But if you want to pay armed officials to confiscate other people's property, you'll have your chance to vote for democrats next November.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That's because you'd rather demand other people give up their money so you don't have to pay as much. That's jealousy, and you aren't alone in that. But the people who ran on that platform lost the election last fall. The people who did win are working on something that is less unjust.

But if you want to pay armed officials to confiscate other people's property, you'll have your chance to vote for democrats next November.

So this is based on a premise of yours as to how much I make? LOL

Actually it’s based on what I believe the ways should be and those who are more fortunate should feel more obligated to give back more.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    So this is based on a premise of yours as to how much I make? LOL

Actually it’s based on what I believe the ways should be and those who are more fortunate should feel more obligated to give back more.

It really has nothing to do with how much you make. It has everything to do with how much people who make more than you pay.

I hear a lot of "I believe" and "I feel." That's great, but belief is a ****-poor foundation for tax policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom