The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well...

So this was your reply to that.

I'm still waiting for you to address my original comment. And when I get around to it, I'll give Bush's speech a listen.

You may be better qualified to answer that than you think.

No. Not the worst. Remember, there were two worst choices available at the ballot box. Of both worsts, I picked the slightly least worst, and I'd do it again, given the same to worst choices. I expected Trump to be bad. And he is. But so far Trump hasn't been any worse than I expected him to be, and given Hilary's behavior after the election, she's behaved just as I expected she would. Thus my choice continually confirms itself.

And here's the thing. As long as the divisive, partisan, slide into progressively worse hyperbolic rhetoric against both sides continues, we will have progressively worse choices. I mean, I can see a day when the presidential choices are Kid Rock vs Alec Baldwin. And you're participating in that progressive slide by continually over-hyping the problem.

Let's keep it real. Let's stay between the rails. Trump derangement syndrome is curable. You and I can work to bring that cure of reality to the masses. You can help me bludgeon the hyperbole. Yes. Trump is a low character individual, as most powerful people are. Trump is just more open about it. He's not literally Hitler. He's not particularly great for America.But he's not bringing the nation to ruin either.

Here you go, here’s a link.

Full text: George W. Bush speech on Trumpism - POLITICO

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a hard time seeing them being able to pass anything. Besides their whole premise is just as wrong as their premise on Healthcare. We’re going to come up with something that starts out not making any sense and attempt to sell something so blantly obviously wrong to the American people. Oh, we can cut taxes but it will end up decreasing and not increasing the deficit due to our new and improved voodoo economics. LOL

How about we cut taxes across the board, and reduce spending on bull****? We can't tax ourselves into prosperity anymore than we can spend ourselves into prosperity. Allowing freedom of opportunity is generally the best wealth-builder. I don't mind social programs for those who are physically or mentally incapable of caring for themselves-a legitimate safety net, but good grief we have an incredibly high number of people on some form of government assistance.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    How about we cut taxes across the board, and reduce spending on bull****? We can't tax ourselves into prosperity anymore than we can spend ourselves into prosperity. Allowing freedom of opportunity is generally the best wealth-builder. I don't mind social programs for those who are physically or mentally incapable of caring for themselves-a legitimate safety net, but good grief we have an incredibly high number of people on some form of government assistance.

Yeah, that would be nice and I sure would like it if things that really matter like our infrastructure was getting addressed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, that would be nice and I sure would like it if things that really matter like our infrastructure was getting addressed.

I'm okay with updating infrastructure. That would be a better use of tax payer money than funding wild secret service parties in South America.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Sorry, the classism crap doesn't ring with me. I want people to have more of the money they earned. The tax system is so structured toward taxing the rich, that anything approaching a move toward fairness will look like "tax cuts for the rich." You can cry on someone else's shoulder about that one.

This all just melting snowflake agony over the way government takes something that isn't theirs in the first place. They aren't even giving back what doesn't belong to them, just pledging to take less in the future.

I agree... and DC has "invented" their own language to describe tax policy changes. A decrease in the EITC, whereby people who pay NO federal income tax still get a refund, i.e. a negative tax rate, is called a TAX INCREASE. Meanwhile, cutting tax rates on people who actually pay federal income taxes is called a SPENDING INCREASE that must be PAID FOR.

I've yet to find actual spending cuts in the vernacular, though the term appears to be used to describe to INCREASES in spending that are deemed not big enough. Lol!

They be cray, I tell you...

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I really detest Trump. I can't stand to watch him speak. I just know he will try to make a point and hash it all up and the MSM will pounce like the rabid dogs they are. But, then I watch Hillary on here "blame everyone but me" book tour and it convinces me that America still got the better end of the last election. It's really sad we are in such a state.

Agree totally.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I really detest Trump. I can't stand to watch him speak. I just know he will try to make a point and hash it all up and the MSM will pounce like the rabid dogs they are. But, then I watch Hillary on here "blame everyone but me" book tour and it convinces me that America still got the better end of the last election. It's really sad we are in such a state.

I really don’t need the media too confirm for me how despectable and dangerous that jerk really is.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That would be a better use of tax payer money than funding wild secret service parties in South America.

33a26c871c6b87c2b7bfec6c17b599456fa75ea98cc8326aa21c69845129775a.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom