The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sorry, the classism crap doesn't ring with me. I want people to have more of the money they earned. The tax system is so structured toward taxing the rich, that anything approaching a move toward fairness will look like "tax cuts for the rich." You can cry on someone else's shoulder about that one.

This all just melting snowflake agony over the way government takes something that isn't theirs in the first place. They aren't even giving back what doesn't belong to them, just pledging to take less in the future.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Seems like the environmentalist like the new EPA Director so well he needs as much if not more security than the President. Surprise, surprise the person who sued the EPA the most who now heads the EPA looks to destroy our environment.

again proof = link....

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Seems like the environmentalist like the new EPA Director so well he needs as much if not more security than the President. Surprise, surprise the person who sued the EPA the most who now heads the EPA looks to destroy our environment.

I don't think "link" means what you think it means.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sorry, the classism crap doesn't ring with me. I want people to have more of the money they earned. The tax system is so structured toward taxing the rich, that anything approaching a move toward fairness will look like "tax cuts for the rich." You can cry on someone else's shoulder about that one.

This all just melting snowflake agony over the way government takes something that isn't theirs in the first place. They aren't even giving back what doesn't belong to them, just pledging to take less in the future.
    I wonder if many of the "rich" won't end up actually paying more in taxes if they actually get rid of all of the deductions they are talking about getting rid of.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I've noticed something lately in talking with people these days. If I ask someone that's around my age, give or take a decade or so, their opinion they respond beginning with "I think..." If you ask a young person their opinion they always begin with "I feel..." Kind of sums things up in a nutshell.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I wonder if many of the "rich" won't end up actually paying more in taxes if they actually get rid of all of the deductions they are talking about getting rid of.

I have a hard time seeing them being able to pass anything. Besides their whole premise is just as wrong as their premise on Healthcare. We’re going to come up with something that starts out not making any sense and attempt to sell something so blantly obviously wrong to the American people. Oh, we can cut taxes but it will end up decreasing and not increasing the deficit due to our new and improved voodoo economics. LOL

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I have a hard time seeing them being able to pass anything. Besides their whole premise is just as wrong as their premise on Healthcare. We’re going to come up with something that starts out not making any sense and attempt to sell something so blantly obviously wrong to the American people. Oh, we can cut taxes but it will end up decreasing and not increasing the deficit due to our new and improved voodoo economics. LOL

Link?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Often tax cuts do end up slightly reducing the deficit. As that money, instead of being stolen by the gubmint, is then invested and spurring the economy. As the economy grows so does the tax revenue. Many people ascribe things they don't understand such words as "voodoo", "magic", etc.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the meantime they just can’t address the original comment about how spot on the former President Bush speech was. It hit the mark on some many different things.

Well...

Welcome back, D.

So please describe for me what is this truth that Republicans are afraid to speak, and especially what specific danger you fear.

So this was your reply to that.

I may not like him for a number of reasons but President Bush did it so much better than I could. Did you happen to catch his speech? If you missed it you realy should have seen it. I’m sure if you google around you would be able to find it.

I'm still waiting for you to address my original comment. And when I get around to it, I'll give Bush's speech a listen.

Why is it when someone brings up a subject that is hard to discuss, address, or makes them look bad that some one will divert to something else. DT’s. really perfected this I must say. He really made that whole NFL thing work for him. As he couldn’t seem to do anything else right. Gee DT can you attack another Gold Star Mom as well.

You may be better qualified to answer that than you think.

Sorry but DT represents the worst common denominator so well.

No. Not the worst. Remember, there were two worst choices available at the ballot box. Of both worsts, I picked the slightly least worst, and I'd do it again, given the same to worst choices. I expected Trump to be bad. And he is. But so far Trump hasn't been any worse than I expected him to be, and given Hilary's behavior after the election, she's behaved just as I expected she would. Thus my choice continually confirms itself.

And here's the thing. As long as the divisive, partisan, slide into progressively worse hyperbolic rhetoric against both sides continues, we will have progressively worse choices. I mean, I can see a day when the presidential choices are Kid Rock vs Alec Baldwin. And you're participating in that progressive slide by continually over-hyping the problem.

Let's keep it real. Let's stay between the rails. Trump derangement syndrome is curable. You and I can work to bring that cure of reality to the masses. You can help me bludgeon the hyperbole. Yes. Trump is a low character individual, as most powerful people are. Trump is just more open about it. He's not literally Hitler. He's not particularly great for America.But he's not bringing the nation to ruin either.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well...

I'm still waiting for you to address my original comment. And when I get around to it, I'll give Bush's speech a listen.

No. Not the worst. Remember, there were two worst choices available at the ballot box. Of both worsts, I picked the slightly least worst, and I'd do it again, given the same to worst choices. I expected Trump to be bad. And he is. But so far Trump hasn't been any worse than I expected him to be, and given Hilary's behavior after the election, she's behaved just as I expected she would. Thus my choice continually confirms itself.

And here's the thing. As long as the divisive, partisan, slide into progressively worse hyperbolic rhetoric against both sides continues, we will have progressively worse choices. I mean, I can see a day when the presidential choices are Kid Rock vs Alec Baldwin. And you're participating in that progressive slide.

Let's keep it real. Let's stay between the rails. Trump derangement syndrome is curable. You and I can work to bring that cure of reality to the masses. You can help me bludgeon the hyperbole. Yes. Trump is a low character individual, as most powerful people are. Trump is just more open about it. He's not literally Hitler. He's not particularly great for America.But he's not bringing the nation to ruin either.

I guess I need to find a copy of Bush’s speech online for you so you can address that. Ah, maybe when I get sometime I’ll have a look for you. Man, was he spot on.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Often tax cuts do end up slightly reducing the deficit. As that money, instead of being stolen by the gubmint, is then invested and spurring the economy. As the economy grows so does the tax revenue. Many people ascribe things they don't understand such words as "voodoo", "magic", etc.

Yeah, I guess you haven’t spent much time taking a look at the historical data. Didn’t seem to do that for Reagan or Bush 1.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess I need to find a copy of Bush’s speech online for you so you can address that. Ah, maybe when I get sometime I’ll have a look for you. Man, was he spot on.

I'll give it to Bush that he could dial into the crux of many issues. Other people write his speeches for him, but I think the ideas are mostly his. I have deadlines to meet so it'll be awhile before I can spend time on that. It would be helpful if you find a link to it. That'd save me the time. But I'll say what I think of it once I've given it a listen. I've heard excerpts in the news, but those are meaningless.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, I guess you haven’t spent much time taking a look at the historical data. Didn’t seem to do that for Reagan or Bush 1.

Historical data you say. I feel like that data might be on the internet somewhere. I'll bet there's even a way to provide others with a way to access that quickly so they can see it too.

I'm particularly interested in the part where Bush 41 cut taxes.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well...

And here's the thing. As long as the divisive, partisan, slide into progressively worse hyperbolic rhetoric against both sides continues, we will have progressively worse choices. I mean, I can see a day when the presidential choices are Kid Rock vs Alec Baldwin. And you're participating in that progressive slide by continually over-hyping the problem.

I really detest Trump. I can't stand to watch him speak. I just know he will try to make a point and hash it all up and the MSM will pounce like the rabid dogs they are. But, then I watch Hillary on here "blame everyone but me" book tour and it convinces me that America still got the better end of the last election. It's really sad we are in such a state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom