The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As always, turn to the MSM for more on these and other Obama administration scandals and you get crickets.

I wonder if we will ever truly know how massive the corruption of that administration truly was.

Not with the current media in place. They (most all of them) have been complicit in covering up "O"s Bravo Sierra.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately the ones in the Republican Party that seem to be speaking up and speaking the truth are getting out. All the others seem to be to scared to speak the truth. Unfortunately those who support the ridiculousness of the President also can’t quite seem to understand how dangerous this is for the country either. Although they may not have been his words Bush is really the one that hit the major points squarely on the head the other day.

Welcome back, D.

So olease describe for me what is this truth that Republicans are afraid to speak, and especially what specific danger you fear.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Welcome back, D.

So olease describe for me what is this truth that Republicans are afraid to speak, and especially what specific danger you fear.

I may not like him for a number of reasons but President Bush did it so much better than I could. Did you happen to catch his speech? If you missed it you realy should have seen it. I’m sure if you google around you would be able to find it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Welcome back, D.

For me, it's the truth that our current president... by temperament, ability, understanding, and motive, is wholly unfit for the office he occupies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    For me, it's the truth that our current president... by temperament, ability, understanding, and motive, is wholly unfit for the office he occupies.

Not only that but things he represents and how he goes about getting there. The fact that he’s so devisive and actually does what our enemies would like to do. How repugnant and dangerous he really is.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not only that but things he represents and how he goes about getting there. The fact that he’s so devisive and actually does what our enemies would like to do. How repugnant and dangerous he really is.

Yeah, like selling our enemy 20% or our uranium....oh, wait.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, it was way better when we had a slick talker who robbed us blind while we weren't looking.

I haven't seen any proof of this, but I'm open to hearing how we were robbed blind. And in comparison, the current occupant of the WH is robbing us blind as we ARE looking.... his family's refusal to move into the WH, foreign money spent in his hotels, jacking up membership fees, merchandise sales, a tax plan where the rich (like him) benefit the most, family members using their connections to gain foreign investors.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Why is it when someone brings up a subject that is hard to discuss, address, or makes them look bad that some one will divert to something else. DT’s. really perfected this I must say. He really made that whole NFL thing work for him. As he couldn’t seem to do anything else right. Gee DT can you attack another Gold Star Mom as well.

Sorry but DT represents the worst common denominator so well.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As always, turn to the MSM for more on these and other Obama administration scandals and you get crickets.

I wonder if we will ever truly know how massive the corruption of that administration truly was.
    Do you realize that it was the WaPost that broke the story? I know I was amazed when I saw the story.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3470754bbb9_story.html?utm_term=.36115059fee8

The other liberal outlets have all reported on the story as well. I haven't read a lot of their analysis though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In all of this folks only focus on the POTUS sitting in the big boy chair. Very little effort goes into looking back at the Bravo Sierra put on us by all those who took the oath. By comparison Trump (regardless of how he is doing it) is doing his best to live up to his campaign promises. We are not hearing about all the cuts in agency's that were bloated and sucking funds with zero return. What we do hear about is the silly crap that I am sure would have been rife in the "O" white house. We just did not hear it.
    Bill Clinton pretty much single handedly stuck a pin in the housing bubble he helped generate. Not much if anything is ever said about that. Those actions set up the crash in 06/08. But I digress.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why is it when someone brings up a subject that is hard to discuss, address, or makes them look bad that some one will divert to something else. DT’s. really perfected this I must say. He really made that whole NFL thing work for him. As he couldn’t seem to do anything else right. Gee DT can you attack another Gold Star Mom as well.

Sorry but DT represents the worst common denominator so well.

No, people on the left are deathly afraid of what he "might" do or has the "potential" to do. I was merely giving an example of a horrible, treasonous act that might fit the bill.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Did you know that, by law, none of that uranium could be moved out of the nation? The way I've seen this information most often framed, is that this uranium would be moved out of the nation, and used to construct weapons, which obviously isn't true. That's not to say the deal wasn't extremely shady... because it was, but I think it follows more along the lines of the "Russian Reset,"
    more so than some sinister plan to profit off of selling uranium for weapons to Russia.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In all of this folks only focus on the POTUS sitting in the big boy chair. Very little effort goes into looking back at the Bravo Sierra put on us by all those who took the oath. By comparison Trump (regardless of how he is doing it) is doing his best to live up to his campaign promises. We are not hearing about all the cuts in agency's that were bloated and sucking funds with zero return. What we do hear about is the silly crap that I am sure would have been rife in the "O" white house. We just did not hear it.
    Bill Clinton pretty much single handedly stuck a pin in the housing bubble he helped generate. Not much if anything is ever said about that. Those actions set up the crash in 06/08. But I digress.

How does doing his best to be devisive and lying about every possible thing under the sun and constant tweeting about a Gold Star Mom not telling the truth have anything to do with keeping campaign promises?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well. He only set the bar lower. I’m more outcome oriented. As long as he doesn’t use the IRS and DOJ to punish the political opposition, and take bribes to give other countries special deals and access to government, as long as what he does is legal, I may wish his character behavior was way better, more honorable, but outcome is what mostly matters.

Of course his temperment affects his ability to bring about a favorable outcome. It’s a significantly contributing reason why he couldn’t kill the Obaminable crony “healthcare” law.

But. Crass as he is, dishonorable as he behaves, Trump isn’t the biggest threat facing the US. The biggest threat is partisanship. And to whatever extent this administration is culpable for increasing it, the previous administration was at least as culpable.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In the meantime they just can’t address the original comment about how spot on the former President Bush speech was. It hit the mark on some many different things.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well. He only set the bar lower. I’m more outcome oriented. As long as he doesn’t use the IRS and DOJ to punish the political opposition, and take bribes to give other countries special deals and access to government, as long as what he does is legal, I may wish his character behavior was way better, more honorable, but outcome is what mostly matters.

Of course his temperment affects his ability to bring about a favorable outcome. It’s a significantly contributing reason why he couldn’t kill the Obaminable crony “healthcare” law.

But. Crass as he is, dishonorable as he behaves, Trump isn’t the biggest threat facing the US. The biggest threat is partisanship. And to whatever extent this administration is culpable for increasing it, the previous administration was at least as culpable.

Oh, and DT isn’t doing his mostest and bestest to make it even worse. Wake up people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom