The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Society of Jesus warrior....

possible. Perhaps in an earlier life.

I'm glad to see you're taking an interest in physics "Water is wet".

a bit more reading and you might see that is only partially true.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I would peg him as jaded, just like me

He has had plenty of time to get jaded with monumental change and things introduced to the system since he was in college. After all, I understand he and Thomas Jefferson were in the same graduating class at the College of William and Mary. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Society of Jesus warrior....

possible. Perhaps in an earlier life.

I'm glad to see you're taking an interest in physics "Water is wet".

a bit more reading and you might see that is only partially true.

No, SJW, of course means "social justice warrior". Has nothing to do with some Mexican named Jesus.

And water: the "liquid" part is implied, of course. I guess I need to mention that this is a common thing that people say on the internet when something is too obvious to have needed said.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    No, SJW, of course means "social justice warrior". Has nothing to do with some Mexican named Jesus.

And water: the "liquid" part is implied, of course. I guess I need to mention that this is a common thing that people say on the internet when something is too obvious to have needed said.

It didn't need to be said....yet, you said it. And missed two other states of matter which apply to H20.

Are you waiting for the bonus round? :)

OK: bonus question. By what other name are the Jesuits known?

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    It didn't need to be said....yet, you said it. And missed two other states of matter which apply to H20.

Ooh ooh, I got this one. Society of Marxists!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “If you look at President Obama and other presidents, most of them didn’t make calls,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference in the Rose Garden with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell. “A lot of them didn’t make calls. I like to call when it’s appropriate.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/16/us/politics/trump-obama-killed-soldiers.html

Meh....

Why was the president lying in the garden about former presidents not calling the families of fallen soldiers? The four soldiers killed in Niger on the 4th of this month, and he hasn't said anything until today... when he was asked. Apparently today, he sent letters to the families, and he plans on calling them later. A mere 12 days later. And then he says that presidents don't call families of fallen soldiers, citing Obama specifically, but noted that he does. And remarks about the service of those soldiers... still waiting, but gotta take an opportunity to tell a lie on someone else, while making himself look good.

pathological

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Society of Messicans named Jesus.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/16/us/politics/trump-obama-killed-soldiers.html

Meh....

Why was the president lying in the garden about former presidents not calling the families of fallen soldiers? The four soldiers killed in Niger on the 4th of this month, and he hasn't said anything until today... when he was asked. Apparently today, he sent letters to the families, and he plans on calling them later. A mere 12 days later. And then he says that presidents don't call families of fallen soldiers, citing Obama specifically, but noted that he does. And remarks about the service of those soldiers... still waiting, but gotta take an opportunity to tell a lie on someone else, while making himself look good.

pathological

Dude sucks. Poor character. Still ain’t voting for a Democrat.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I always thought that those "seminars" we had on soft social issues were a waste of time at work...until I recognized that some of the guys really did treat people poorly and we were getting harassment complaints. So, some people obviously never learned at home to treat other humans with respect and dignity in a work environment. Go figure.

But, I also remember smoking cigarettes or cigars in board meetings. Until someone who didn't like smoke was brought in as CEO.

And we used to have a couple of drinks at lunch.

Ahhh the good old days!

I haven't really been following the Weinstein thread, but is there any doubt in anyone's mind that you should NOT grab a handful of whatever at work today? Do we need lectures on that? Apparently, some have not got the message so the rest of us have to sit through that crap.

And we shouldn't drink and drive...but we even get cops who get arrested for DUI.

What is it with humans? Mom told us to do "the next right thing"...but somewhere along the way "nah, **** it" sounded and felt so much better.

So, maybe all those leftist diversity speeches is our punishment for not speaking up or knocking the crap out of the asses among us.

Many years ago (early 2000's) as a new manager I was required to take sexual harassment training. To me, the most useful part was the presentation of video case studies and discussion whether the behavior was or was not sexual harassment in the legal definition. Implications of hiring, raises and promotion in exchange for "favors" were the obvious Weinstein-level cr#p, but also asking a peer out repeatedly after she had said no.

I thought it was very useful and relayed what I learned to my department, male and female, encouraging anyone who saw or was subjected to such behavior to come forward and I would support them 100%. "This is work, a business place, not a bar."

I don't see mandatory learning and using ill-defined 47 gender pronouns for which there is no societal consensus as even in the same ballpark.

I'm not trying to put these words into your mouth, just adding exactly what gender studies are these days as I have multiple kids in college today.

No, and here's why:

I attended a couple of California universities...and another one on the east coast. There were and still are a large contingent of anarchist/communist/nihilist malcontents on those campuses. There were/are a lot of beer-drinking obnoxious frat boys there as well. Almost all of us are able to wade our way through the garbage and make it out to the other side with perhaps a little better understanding of a world that is broader than the one our parents knew or discussed at the dinner table. If they cannot, then perhaps they are weak in spirit and would follow anyone down into the depths.

For everyone enamored of Ayn Rand, there is someone who read Dos Passos. Other than the Speaker of the House, most of us grow up and through that phase of our lives.

It is one thing to be a cynical 40 year old. I hope to God we don't birth a generation of cynical 19 year olds.

Over and out.

I'll admit that I might be suffering from "the good old days" syndrome, but I do think that in the past, there were a breadth of competing opinions on campus and one could make up their own minds, form their own opinions. Or, choose to ignore it all and focus on studying.

I do believe that on many campuses it isn't just some students and professors, but the entire campus establishment form the administration down that demands adherence to the progressive agenda with severe repercussions, including expelling the non-compliant. In the worst cases, some campus administrations have adopted the 47-gender pronouns and not complying is considered creating a hostile environment for others. And, this is just an example.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, that's the nice thing about STEM. Molecules don't require pronouns. Math primarily uses the Greek alphabet. Engineers still have pocket protectors and never date anyone. That leaves technology. I suppose those technologists better get with the program.

In other news:

SAN DIEGO (WTHR) — California will allow gender neutral as an option on birth certificates.

On Sunday, California Governor Jerry Brown signed legislation that will allow non-binary gender markers on birth certificates starting in 2018, NBC7 reports.

The bill, SB179, was introduced by California Democrat Tony Atkins earlier this year.

California already allows its residents to be identified with a gender marker other than "F" or "M" on driver's licenses. Washington D.C. and Oregon allow their residents to do so, as well.

Non binary means a person does nto identify as male or female.

Jaime Shupe of Portland, Oregon, was the first person granted a legal change to identify as "nonbinary." That was in June of 2016, according to the Transgender Law Center.

Only five people in the country have a legally designated identity as "nonbinary."

Four of those five individuals are from California.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Trump on Tuesday said his nominee to be the nation's drug czar is withdrawing from consideration for the job — a move that comes in the wake of a Washington Post/“60 Minutes” investigation detailing how the lawmaker helped steer legislation through Congress that weakened the Drug Enforcement Administration’s ability to go after drug distributors, even as opioid-related deaths continue to rise.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...minutes-investigation/?utm_term=.826d77619d43

I'm having a hard time figuring out the logic of picking a guy, for this position, who was instrumental in allowing legal drug dealers to peddle their wares easier for the position of Drug Czar. I can't imagine the types of money the drug companies spent, to get one of their guys, serious consideration for this position. It's like letting Dracula run a blood bank.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Well, that's the nice thing about STEM. Molecules don't require pronouns. Math primarily uses the Greek alphabet. Engineers still have pocket protectors and never date anyone. That leaves technology. I suppose those technologists better get with the program.

But they still have to attend the mandatory indoctrination seminars and/or undergrad classes. Yeah, yeah, I know, you're not pliable. You still think the Democrat party is the party of Truman.

My grandfather was an "FDR man" and to his dying day believed the Democrat party was about unions and turned a blind eye to all the social garbage and anti-American BS they stood for. He wasn't pliable either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom