The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Words mean things and... at least I'm not "requiring" someone to have a college degree to even post an opinion and happen to think that *** laude from Wharton is pretty darn good.

A necro post? Hmmm. What in the world are you talking about?

I detect butthurt, but I don't see how any of it relates to what has been said today. Or yesterday.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I detect butthurt, but I don't see how any of it relates to what has been said today. Or yesterday.

Yeah, a holdover from the discussion about people with/or without degrees. Sheepdog must think quite highly of his expensive piece of paper.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Looking at the big picture, I'm curious how you think Jimmy Carter could have solved our Iran problem. I do agree that Carter was very weak with his response to Iran, but even if he had been more heavy-handed, his options certainly had limits, and certainly wouldn't IMO solved our problem.

All Jimmy needed to have done in order to have prevented the 1979 revolution was to have shut that damned hole in his face and let the Shah take care of what needed taken care of. He signally failed to understand that the Middle East is a rough neighborhood and that a passive and pacifist philosopher-king will not make it there. There is a reason why the majority of regimes in the region have been repressive and non-repressive regimes tend not to survive with a few happy exceptions. That moron caused one of our worst ongoing problems by not having sense enough to refrain from causing it, which is hardly a surprise from a man who is still proving that he is too stupid to live.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    All Jimmy needed to have done in order to have prevented the 1979 revolution was to have shut that damned hole in his face and let the Shah take care of what needed taken care of. He signally failed to understand that the Middle East is a rough neighborhood and that a passive and pacifist philosopher-king will not make it there. There is a reason why the majority of regimes in the region have been repressive and non-repressive regimes tend not to survive with a few happy exceptions. That moron caused one of our worst ongoing problems by not having sense enough to refrain from causing it, which is hardly a surprise from a man who is still proving that he is too stupid to live.

Again I agree. But a repressive regimes are only as capable as their leader, and the Shah was very weak, physically, and dying from cancer. He was in no position to oppose a revolution. And since fear, of him, kept his opponent in line, his sickness created an opportunity.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

I detect pomposity...

4 days ago...

Ah yes....spoken like someone without a degree.

And, 'member this...

I'm not Ivy League elitist by any means. However, Ivanka graduated "*** laude" (won't let me say it...in English: with honors) in economics from Wharton. That's middle of the pack at best at Wharton for an undergrad. Probably not good enough on merits to get into an MBA program in the Ivy League. There are 100's if not thousands of highly educated summa's and magna's, not to mention those who are out of law school or Master's programs that would be better qualified on paper. And a good chunk of them are female as well, so this is not a gender issue.

Ivanka is a bimbette. She may be the smartest one in that clan, but I am not impressed.

Yup, the pompous detector needle is pegged.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Again I agree. But a repressive regimes are only as capable as their leader, and the Shah was very weak, physically, and dying from cancer. He was in no position to oppose a revolution. And since fear, of him, kept his opponent in line, his sickness created an opportunity.

Yes, and exponentially weaker with Carter demanding that he sit on his thumbs and do nothing about the subversive activities which culminated in the revolution.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah, a holdover from the discussion about people with/or without degrees. Sheepdog must think quite highly of his expensive piece of paper.

Lol, I've never indicated if I have a degree or not... so, thank you, I think, for the assumption.

I do believe, though, that those who "lord" it over others are over-compensating. I wouldn't denigrate someone getting their degree from the community college, let alone graduating with honors from one of the top biz schools in the country. But, others, apparently, believe they are superior...

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

A singer with a few hits, who performs in 1,000-2,500 capacity venues, which isn't important... what is important is that this isn't divisive at all. Like all those times at country concerts that the singers led the crowd in chanting "F*** Obama" and all of the news commentators commented how wonderful it was to see so many citizens being so patriotic, and bringing the country together at the same time.

(not meant for you, BA, but for the general "you"... if you need purple on this one to get it, you should see a doctor)

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I detect pomposity...

4 days ago...

And, 'member this...

Yup, the pompous detector needle is pegged.

Perhaps what you detect is a backlash against those who feel education is unimportant, or are envious of those who have put in the time and made the sacrifices necessary to go to college and improve the lives of their families and, to some extent, people outside their "tribe" through their contributions.

As to the Trumps, it isn't obvious that their education "took".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom