The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah. Let's wait to hear what Mueller has to say.

I'm much more interested in what Nunes, Burr, Gowdy and Grassley might have to say

I'm more interested in breaking the deep state to the saddle than I am in Mueller's Christopher Steele imitation

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm much more interested in what Nunes, Burr, Gowdy and Grassley might have to say

I'm more interested in breaking the deep state to the saddle than I am in Mueller's Christopher Steele imitation

So if Mueller finds evidence of wrong doing such that charges are brought, what then? Are you still disinterested?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So if Mueller finds evidence of wrong doing such that charges are brought, what then? Are you still disinterested?

Yeah, pretty much. I had high hopes initially that Mueller might be the impartial judge who would get to the bottom of the issue in an impartial manner. How he has conducted his investigation and composed his team convinces me he is just a partisan hatchet man. I will review whatever evidence he presents, but I don't think anything the tiniest bit salacious would fail to leak so I don't expect to be surprised. I especially now believe he will also drag his feet as long as possible on this 'investigation' so as to maintain the babblespace that allows for so much rumor and innuendo because it suits his masters, while simultaneously using his perogatives to delay congressional investigations into other aspects of the 'Russian hacking' for similar reasons

If he actually released information exonerating Trump persuant to what he is supposed to be investigating, you would be able to knock me over with a feather. If he charges Trump with anything at all (which I doubt) it will be something like playing it fast and loose on his taxes 10 years before he ran for president. Yawn

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Yeah. Let's wait to hear what Mueller has to say.

I could care less what Mueller has to "say"... what facts he may uncover, or the lack of such facts, that is another story.

Kind of like Comey, in his July 2016 press conference, he said one thing, while the facts he relayed pointed to the exact opposite.

For me, it will depend upon how far afield the charges are from the original mandate of "collusion with the Russians" and "obstruction of justice". I.e. how deeply Mueller and company had to go "fishing" to find the charges and whether the charges are meaningful versus a "technical" forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i".

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, pretty much. I had high hopes initially that Mueller might be the impartial judge who would get to the bottom of the issue in an impartial manner. How he has conducted his investigation and composed his team convinces me he is just a partisan hatchet man. I will review whatever evidence he presents, but I don't think anything the tiniest bit salacious would fail to leak so I don't expect to be surprised. I especially now believe he will also drag his feet as long as possible on this 'investigation' so as to maintain the babblespace that allows for so much rumor and innuendo because it suits his masters, while simultaneously using his perogatives to delay congressional investigations into other aspects of the 'Russian hacking' for similar reasons

If he actually released information exonerating Trump persuant to what he is supposed to be investigating, you would be able to knock me over with a feather. If he charges Trump with anything at all (which I doubt) it will be something like playing it fast and loose on his taxes 10 years before he ran for president. Yawn

If he's just a leftist hatchet man, the inverse of Kenneth Star, expect his investigation to last at least through the 2018 elections.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I could care less what Mueller has to "say"... what facts he may uncover, or the lack of such facts, that is another story.

Kind of like Comey, in his July 2016 press conference, he said one thing, while the facts he relayed pointed to the exact opposite.

For me, it will depend upon how far afield the charges are from the original mandate of "collusion with the Russians" and "obstruction of justice". I.e. how deeply Mueller and company had to go "fishing" to find the charges and whether the charges are meaningful versus a "technical" forgot to cross a "t" or dot an "i".

It doesn't matter to me as much about how far it strays from the original mandate. If he finds something serious and legit, it's serious and legit. But it's not lost on me how precise is the mirror image of Mueller and Kenneth Star. It's almost like tit for tat. Both sides are playing the game. There is no side which deserves my support beyond just standing up for what's right regardless of sides. I'll side with Trump only when he's right.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    So why do you think that PR drivers arent showing up to work after a devastating hurricane, that left 300 miles of open road in the major cities, where schools are closed, on an island that has 15% power? Hey maybe the Puerto Ricans are taking the opportunity to take a vacation.

Well, to your point, perhaps because there need to be more ships in the harbor?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

If you are going to move this site from colloquial expression to formal High English, I wish you luck.

I refuse to debate a simple sentence. I will await Mueller's findings before I make any firm judgment. It may or may not be important.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    It doesn't matter to me as much about how far it strays from the original mandate. If he finds something serious and legit, it's serious and legit. But it's not lost on me how precise is the mirror image of Mueller and Kenneth Star. It's almost like tit for tat. Both sides are playing the game. There is no side which deserves my support beyond just standing up for what's right regardless of sides. I'll side with Trump only when he's right.

I think we agree... I said the charges have to be "meaningful" which I think equals your "serious and legit". A for example was all the hoopla that Flynn could be charged with lobbying for Turkey because he wrote on op-ed letter without filling that he was a lobbyist for a foreign (Turkish) entity... It's not like he was hiding that his company was doing lobbying for the foreign company as the Flynn Group was registered as a lobbyist for that foreign company... and an op-ed is lobbying? Since when?

Ditto his appearance on RT. My understanding is that he disclosed all of this and the only sticking point was that he characterized his fee as "insignificant". Again, it's hard to say he was trying to "hide" his involvement when he was on figgin' TV and literally dozens of YouTube videos were posted of his appearance PRIOR to all the hub-bub.

On the other hand, if while looking for financial ties to Russia, they don't find any but instead find, for example, instances of Manafort laundering money... that's a different ballgame and IMO serious and legit.

... I will await Mueller's findings before I make any firm judgment. It may or may not be important.

Ditto

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hippies, my ass. I missed Woodstock because "I was out of the country".

THAT'S the response I wanted!!!!!! I have got your picture brother and chose my word carefully...Thanks for getting what I was doing there....

One thing that chapped my ass in Ken Burn's documentary was the hippie chick at the end saying "I am sorry for the things I said to the soldiers coming back"...I screamed the the TV "Ashamed is the word you are looking for...Not Sorry..."

Again Alpo thanks for being a good sport...I mean that...It took me five minutes to hit the post button on that one.....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If he's just a leftist hatchet man, the inverse of Kenneth Star, expect his investigation to last at least through the 2018 elections.

If he was the straight-arrow ethical wunderkind they played him up to be, he would have never taken the job (if he knew in advance the circumstances surrounding and underlying the appointment) or resigned immediately upon learning same

Taking the role of just another 'getTrump' bad faith actor is not the way to get 40% of the electorate to believe or care about whatever you supposedly turn up

He's not the inverse of Ken Starr, he's the other face of the same coin

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    A chief executive not enacting provisions required by Congress... on Russia? No way! Color me surprised...

355000-sens-mccain-cardin-scold-trump-for-missing-russian-sanctions-deadline

U5Wts3R.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom