The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The Celts were not responsible for Stonehenge, were they? There was[were] a prior indigineous population in Britain.

I'm sorry, but you really need to look at the research published over the last couple of years. You might be unaware of the migrations that occurred in the middle mesolithic period and the stability of the gene pool since that time. If you are speaking of language and customs, we have little argument. But language does not necessarily make one Celtic just as my speaking Mandarin does not make me Chinese.

If your family resided in Europe in the early 19th century, the likelihood is that there is some Celtic influence in your DNA...just as there is likely to be some Neanderthal.

The BBC reference is more for the lurkers who don't see the need to enter the conversation.

I have acknowledged those prior indigenous population several times. I even provided links which substantiated that those populations existed before the Celts settled in Ireland. I have never disputed that because I'm pretty sure that there was an indigenous population here in this very country which was supplanted my migration. Unless we follow your logic that indigenous populations prohibit new migration and we have to undo centuries of human history and dissolve the United States.

What I have disputed is that a pre-existing indigenous population prevents future migration by other populations. You cannot seriously claim that on the one hand that DNA samples from Ireland have been stable since that time and then admit that there is Celtic influence in modern Irish DNA from the Iron Age. Those are two incompatible views.

I do not see anything productive in spending any more time discussing this with you. You may hold what beliefs you see fit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where is this nugget of information coming from, and is it reliable?

From the article you posted. The source, of course is from his attorney. Nevertheless, how is this in any way, any the equivalent of what Hillary did? Find some classified information, and actual evidence of wrongdoing and we can talk about how someone in the Trump administration is the same criminal equivalence of Hillary.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    So he used a private server to send mainly news articles and any work related emails have been preserved. Completely like the Clinton's private server through which classified data was sent, that official emails were deleted, bleachbit was used to remove the data before the FBI could investigate, and Blackberrys that sent data through the server were smashed with a hammer.

How could anyone see any distinction between the two cases?

I cant believe you would even think to compare the two. It’s like you are accusing the left of not only having double standards, but comparing apples to oranges.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From the article you posted. The source, of course is from his attorney. Nevertheless, how is this in any way, any the equivalent of what Hillary did? Find some classified information, and actual evidence of wrongdoing and we can talk about how someone in the Trump administration is the same criminal equivalence of Hillary.

Exactly. We have no idea what it is the equivalent to.... but we do know, like many things surrounding this administration, it's hypocritical.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have acknowledged those prior indigenous population several times. I even provided links which substantiated that those populations existed before the Celts settled in Ireland. I have never disputed that because I'm pretty sure that there was an indigenous population here in this very country which was supplanted my migration. Unless we follow your logic that indigenous populations prohibit new migration and we have to undo centuries of human history and dissolve the United States.

What I have disputed is that a pre-existing indigenous population prevents future migration by other populations. You cannot seriously claim that on the one hand that DNA samples from Ireland have been stable since that time and then admit that there is Celtic influence in modern Irish DNA from the Iron Age. Those are two incompatible views.

I do not see anything productive in spending any more time discussing this with you. You may hold what beliefs you see fit.

Respectfully, this conversation is worthy of it's own thread. I have looked up some of what you two are talking about. I've learned a lot, but found much of the data about the Picts to be conjecture. It is very difficult to state facts when there is no written record.

It reminds me of a national lampoon comic about arciologists from 2503 examining artifacts from 1969.

There was a picture of an object about 6 inches long with a snall point sticking up on one end and a groth of nylon grass at the other end. They concluded that it was a religious artifact which the adherants would use in meditation.

While concentrating on the toint at one end and gently strokong the field oh grass they would repeat over and over their mantra, Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex Picopa Softflex.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I even provided links which substantiated that those populations I have never disputed that because I'm pretty sure that there was an indigenous population here in this very country which was supplanted my migration. Unless we follow your logic that indigenous populations prohibit new migration and we have to undo centuries of human history and dissolve the United States.

I've never heard anyone in the USA or the world, for that matter call us all Cherokee, or Iriquois. Have you? Celt is a romantic notion. It has never truly been seen as a cohesive group. There are debates how the Iberian and Halstaat tribes related to each other, if at all.

Less than 10% of the population in Ireland speak Gaelic. Do you know the concentration of Celtic DNA for the population? At what point is a person not Celtic?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I disagree. Every stranger I meet, is entitled to respect, until they prove otherwise. There is no middle ground for me.

He was born in Panama, Panamanian citizenship is conferred at birth.

Correction. McCain was not born in Panama. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, a US Territory, specifically the Coco Solo NAS, to parents who were US citizens. There was never any question of his US citizenship.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Correction. McCain was not born in Panama. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone, a US Territory, specifically the Coco Solo NAS, to parents who were US citizens. There was never any question of his US citizenship.

Panama did/does confer citizenship to persons born in the PCZ. And there is a belief that McCain wasn't born in the PCZ at all. He has a birth certificate right? Where is it?
    Also:

The Tribe-Olson Opinion also suggests that Senator McCain obtained citizenship by statute. However, the only statute in effect in 1936 did not cover the Canal Zone. Recognizing the gap, in 1937, Congress passed a citizenship law applicable only to the Canal Zone, granting Senator McCain citizenship, but eleven months too late for him to be a citizen at birth. Because Senator John McCain was not a citizen at birth, he is not a "natural born Citizen" and thus is not "eligible to the Office of President" under the Constitution.
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract-id=1157621

So there is at least enough "I don't knows," to justify a belief that he actually is Panamanian. It's certainly arguable.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    d93.jpg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Panama did/does confer citizenship to persons born in the PCZ. And there is a belief that McCain wasn't born in the PCZ at all. He has a birth certificate right? Where is it?
    Also:

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract-id=1157621

So there is at least enough "I don't knows," to justify a belief that he actually is Panamanian. It's certainly arguable.

Oh, yawn. I know enough people looked at his status as a citizen to at least get him into USNA.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Rght, they looked at the top of his application, thought... "Hey, is that Admiral McCain's So.... APPROVED"

Oh, ya. Just like when he filed his paperwork to run for Senate. Hmm. Birthplace Panama, eh? Not US citizen? Oooh. Wait. Vietnam War Vet and former POW. So....APPROVED"

Really?

You don't have to be a "natural born citizen" to be a Senator, but you DO have to be a citizen. So how was his citizenship conferred? Was he naturalized?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom