The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Nice of you to jump from parsing respect to an issue older than Obamacare.

Got any current stuff, or is this it?

You could start up the 9-11 Explosion thread. At least that one had nice pics.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh, ya. Just like when he filed his paperwork to run for Senate. Hmm. Birthplace Panama, eh? Not US citizen? Oooh. Wait. Vietnam War Vet and former POW. So....APPROVED"

Really?

You don't have to be a "natural born citizen" to be a Senator, but you DO have to be a citizen. So how was his citizenship conferred? Was he naturalized?

Why couldn't someone look at his name, his service, and say "well, he's obviously American," he can run. You think that's beyond the realm of reason? You've never heard of elected politicians being retroactively ruled ineligible?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why couldn't someone look at his name, his service, and say "well, he's obviously American," he can run. You think that's beyond the realm of reason? You've never heard of elected politicians being retroactively ruled ineligible?

I'm just following your logic to see where it goes. I guess whether or not McCain is a US citizen is arguable. But not seriously arguable.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm just following your logic to see where it goes. I guess whether or not McCain is a US citizen is arguable. But not seriously arguable.

No, not seriously arguable. I'm just making the point, in comparison to the other guy who had his citizenship questioned.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, not seriously arguable. I'm just making the point, in comparison to the other guy who had his citizenship questioned.

The only question I had about anything close to Obama's citizenship was why he was so closed about his educational records. I mean, it's the same argument that it was with Trump's taxes. If you're not hising anything, why are you trying so hard to hide it? Were his grades ****ty? Did he have some embarrassing incidents in his record? Did he lie and say he was an exchange student to get extra-better standing?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, ya. Just like when he filed his paperwork to run for Senate. Hmm. Birthplace Panama, eh? Not US citizen? Oooh. Wait. Vietnam War Vet and former POW. So....APPROVED"

Really?

You don't have to be a "natural born citizen" to be a Senator, but you DO have to be a citizen. So how was his citizenship conferred? Was he naturalized?

Kinda thought Admiral McCain was a citizen. Father natural born, offspring always a citizen, no?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Stand that on its head, why couldn't someone look at his name [Barack Hussein Obama], his [lack of] service and conclude "well, he's obviously [not] American". You think that's beyond the realm of reason? ...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The only question I had about anything close to Obama's citizenship was why he was so closed about his educational records. I mean, it's the same argument that it was with Trump's taxes. If you're not hising anything, why are you trying so hard to hide it? Were his grades ****ty? Did he have some embarrassing incidents in his record? Did he lie and say he was an exchange student to get extra-better standing?

My guess was always that his Marxist leanings would be exposed. And yeah, could be he claimed foreign status for whatever reasons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At a campaign rally in Alabama, President Donald Trump said “the world is starting to respect the United States of America again.” Surveys suggest otherwise.
    The Pew Global Attitudes Project found that citizens in 35 out of 37 countries have less confidence in Trump than they did in former President Obama. In some cases, far less confidence.
    World Opinion of Trump and U.S. - FactCheck.org

Not surprised of the two nations that thought favorably of Trump... but man, it doesn't appear the President is increasing our image in the minds of plenty of other nations.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh, you mean papers and stuff? Ok, I get you. You're using "transcripts" as a catchall.

Reading is fundamental. I never used the word transcripts until after you decided to pick a nonexistent nit. Jamil posted this:

To which I responded with:

My guess was always that his Marxist leanings would be exposed. And yeah, could be he claimed foreign status for whatever reasons.

The term college records do indeed include transcripts. I have to admit that I don't know what else a college/university might retain on each student but I do know it's more than a list of classs and earned grades.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom