The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll Preface this by saying that I am on record that his birth place is irrelevant because current interpretation of the constitution is that since his mother was American he is American. Period Full stop

However the claim that he was Kenyan (which I may needs tell you is not a race) has nothing to do with his race, but his nationality. The claim was that he got preferential treatment in college by claiming he was Kenyan. Much as Fauxahontas did claiming to be an American aboriginal.

You really think that? How many times did you hear John McCain called "The Panamanian?"

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    When did John McCain supposedly use the fact that he was foreign born to gain an advantage.

His bane was that he couldn't tweet like BHO.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Working single handedly to thwart anything that would advance Donald Trumps agenda.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    By the way my wife enjoys US citizenship becayse her parents were American.

Why are we discussing old news. All I did was attempt to burn down your straw man.

You two need to go here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e.html?highlight=argument+for+argument's+sake.

D got banned because he didn't know how to tone it down, but you two know exactally where the line is and stay close enough to irritate but far enough to keep from getting banned.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By the way my wife enjoys US citizenship becayse her parents were American.

Why are we discussing old news. All I did was attempt to burn down your straw man.

You two need to go here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e.html?highlight=argument+for+argument's+sake.

D got banned because he didn't know how to tone it down, but you two know exactally where the line is and stay close enough to irritate but far enough to keep from getting banned.

I don't intend on irritating anyone, well mostly. And when people DO go off the deep end, I don't ask for them to be banned. Lord knows there have been enough instances of people committing bannable offense while "interacting" with me.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'll Preface this by saying that I am on record that his birth place is irrelevant because current interpretation of the constitution is that since his mother was American he is American. Period Full stop

However the claim that he was Kenyan (which I may needs tell you is not a race) has nothing to do with his race, but his nationality. The claim was that he got preferential treatment in college by claiming he was Kenyan. Much as Fauxahontas did claiming to be an American aboriginal.

QFT

You really think that? How many times did you hear John McCain called "The Panamanian?"

When did John McCain supposedly use the fact that he was foreign born to gain an advantage.

His bane was that he couldn't tweet like BHO.

When did Obama do this? Facts, not what you believe.

Notice the opperative words in both of my posts. I did not make those claims so drop it. I will not respond to you in any furthur posts on this subject because I do not care what the former President has done or not done. I am sorry that took the straw man bait that you put out.

I will attempt to not do it again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    QFT

Notice the opperative words in both of my posts. I did not make those claims so drop it. I will not respond to you in any furthur posts on this subject because I do not care what the former President has done or not done. I am sorry that took the straw man bait that you put out.

I will attempt to not do it again.

If you say so. I contend my argument is valid.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kutnupe14 again.

Bingo.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Perhaps it is the constant Quixotic attempts at humiliation of democrats that seem to arise on INGO by people other than Kut and Me. I can't remember the last time I said "But...Obama" or used the eight years of his administration as any excuse for current activities by the present holder of the office or his subordinates.

you two know exactally where the line is and stay close enough to irritate but far enough to keep from getting banned.

By this you mean that YOU get irritated. Well, we must learn to play with others, mustn't we?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Actually, I think McCain is looking at saving his party to some extent. The next election cycle might be a bit different if a Republican senator has to explain his vote on the Graham-Cassidy bill. No vote makes it a non-issue. So, from that perspective, McCain should be getting a few attaboys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Most of us in the democratic party don't bother to respond to the racial hatred deployed by the right. It was never about anything else with him.

I have gone on record to say it doesn't matter where he was born. His mother is an American citizen and, therefore, so is he.
    The same people who called Obama Kenyan called Cruz Canadian. Somehow Alpo figured out it was about the country of origin with Cruz, yet assumes it has to be about race when it involves the black guy? But who's stereotyping, right? :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First of all, you are generalizing once again with no proof. Cite your sources. Profound statements without backup are just hot air, dude.
    Lolz. Okay. So how many people do you reqire me quote calling Obama a Kenyan and calling cruz a Canadian? I don't want you moving the goalpost on me.

This is likely to take up a lot of time digging up posts from 2008 all the way though the 2016 primary. So I'd like you to confirm that you're calling all the INGO birthers racists. Because that's essentially what you're saying here. So when I quote all the people who called Obama "Kenyan", who also called Cruz Canadian, I'd rather you didn't just back down because you're embarrassed. I'd rather you just commit now before I go through all that work in my spare time.

So you really don't remember all the arguments about Cruz's citizanship? And you really don't remember who those posters were? And you really think it's unreasonable that the same people who used the birther argument against Obama did it for the same reasons they had problems with Cruz's citizenship? But no. The were racists for calling Obama. Kenyan, and for calling Cruz a Canadian they were what?

Alpo: "they can have mah racist card when they can pull it from mah..."

c'mon guys. You're better than that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom