The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think we're both looking at it from our own biases. I'm doing it intentionally. Nevertheless, you've apparently misinterpreted each thing I said.

The "queen" refers to the leftist tendency to fantasize about the presidency as royalty. It happens in every election where the left has decided where its loyalties go. Like all the "Camelot" nonsense the elitists start to talk about when there is a particular candidate that suits their fantasies. Of course, I'm aware of the context of her statement. Its relevance is the evidence of an attitude consistent with my conclusions. Of course, my personal biases inform some conclusions, just as yours have all throughout this thread and others. And I'll admit I've pushed things to get you to show yours. And to some extent you have.

I can't help but wonder what underlies your inference of my motivations, but your response gives me the sense that it's not what I implied.

Your statement was fairly explicit, and motivations obvious. You didn't say "queen of the leftists," you said "queen of the US." It's obvious you thought she said that after BO was elected, and that she was proud that they elected him. You can try and backtrack and make it seem you knew Barry hadn't been elected, or even won the Nomination at that point. I'm sure, here, you'll find multitudes willing to buy that con... but I ain't one of them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Na she said that during the innaugural parade. She said ****ing flag and not stupid flag

There hasn't been a single person that has attested to hearing that being said. And lip reading is notoriously unreliable when not aware of the context.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your statement was fairly explicit, and motivations obvious. You didn't say "queen of the leftists," you said "queen of the US." It's obvious you thought she said that after BO was elected, and that she was proud that they elected him. You can try and backtrack and make it seem you knew Barry hadn't been elected, or even won the Nomination at that point. I'm sure, here, you'll find multitudes willing to buy that con... but I ain't one of them.

Thinking what you think about my motivations requires you to think all of that. I have no doubt that you will think it.

Oh. And I actually was going to rant about "queen of the leftists" in that post, in the context of her being the first lady of the left reather than being first lady of the US. I cut it out though.

I didn't care for GWB much but I thought his wife acted like the first lady of the US. She didn't seem to put down political opponents like Michelle did. Michelle made it very clear to me she did not care to give people to the right of her an inch of deference. People act out their beliefs, so their actions can betray their words. I'm not discounting that I may be misattributing her actions due to my perspective. But she didn't seem to act very interested in being *my* first lady. She seemed most interested in making America, finally, for the first time EVER, the America she wanted. **** Overton's window.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There hasn't been a single person that has attested to hearing that being said. And lip reading is notoriously unreliable when not aware of the context.

Well, at least there's something we can both agree on. My invocation of it was, similar to your former sig line, just to :stickpoke:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You must have missed the part where I said "resided" was the wrong word....oh....you quoted it. Then it must be a loss in the translation.

Saying there is Celtic influence in my DNA is like saying there is Neanderthal influence in my DNA. Certainly, it's there. So what?

As to established history....well, let's see where the science leads us, shall we? Established history had the Earth flat and situated at the center of the solar system, no plate tectonics, etc. If you rely up DNA then you should believe what the DNA studies indicate (if born out by further validation studies).
    Ever get tired of moving goalposts?

As far as the science I've already provided it. If it changes I will review my opinion. Until then it stands.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

As far as the science I've already provided it. If it changes I will review my opinion. Until then it stands.

It isn't so much moving the goalposts as it is two reportings (one from BBC and one from WaPo) on the same bones, the same DNA, the same scientific report. It seems to me that the WaPo article is more thorough, but as I said, we'll see where the science leads us. One study is interesting. Further examples might lead one to draw a different conclusion or reinforce the PNA study.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It isn't so much moving the goalposts as it is two reportings (one from BBC and one from WaPo) on the same bones, the same DNA, the same scientific report. It seems to me that the WaPo article is more thorough, but as I said, we'll see where the science leads us. One study is interesting. Further examples might lead one to draw a different conclusion or reinforce the PNA study.

Are these goalposts straight or helical?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

But this distraction with the political timeline is all missing the real point: she said it when she was forty-something. When someone goes to pains to have their master's thesis hidden from public view...as if they're ashamed of it...then when it's finally sleuthed out, it turns out to be the exact sort of identity-group self-pity-party that her detractors supposed it would be...who's conning who? It's time to call a spade a spade. It seems to get under the skin of certain kinds of people when this is pointed out. Pfft, that's your problem.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But this distraction with the political timeline is all missing the real point: she said it when she was forty-something. When someone goes to pains to have their master's thesis hidden from public view...as if they're ashamed of it...then when it's finally sleuthed out, it turns out to be the exact sort of identity-group self-pity-party that her detractors supposed it would be...who's conning who? It's time to call a spade a spade. It seems to get under the skin of certain kinds of people when this is pointed out. Pfft, that's your problem.

Actually, when you make bad assumptions or try to export your worldview on someone else, it's your problem. No one is bound to see America through the lens of the certain kinds of people who have issues with the a difference of opinions of others.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On it....

Screen-Shot-2015-09-08-at-12.21.19-PM.png

If I was "on it" I wouldn't have time for INGO

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Actually, when you make bad assumptions or try to export your worldview on someone else, it's your problem. No one is bound to see America through the lens of the certain kinds of people who have issues with the a difference of opinions of others.
    Do you honestly think you're any less biased or make any better assumptions from your own perspective? Regardless I'd like you to further explain this exporting world views.

:popcorn:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Do you honestly think you're any less biased or make any better assumptions from your own perspective? Regardless I'd like you to further explain this exporting world views.

If Jeremiah Wright exported his worldviews onto me for years...and years...I guess I might not have much to be proud of, either...lolz :dunno:

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

You really think the Obamas love this country? I don't. I think They are a prime example why we must make it clear that to run for president your birth certificate be presented and verified first. Obama stole the presidency with help. He was never eligible and he and anyone who helped should be in prison in the very least

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You really think the Obamas love this country? I don't. I think They are a prime example why we must make it clear that to run for president your birth certificate be presented and verified first. Obama stole the presidency with help. He was never eligible and he and anyone who helped should be in prison in the very least

I think the Obamas didn't like the extent to which the country was conservative. By the time they left the WH I think they liked the extent to which they made it more progressive. They're ideologues. I don't know if that means they hated the USA, per se. And "stealing" the presidency is a stretch. I don't see how making Obama present his birth certificate would have changed anything. He eventually presented it. If there's any real evidence to the contrary I'm willing to listen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No, but I'm certainly more honest... mainly because I look stuff up for myself, rather than simply parroting talking points.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I completely believe the Obamas loved this country.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Wanting to see where the science leads us is fine, but it seems strange to ignore the current scientific consensus when it conflicts with your world view.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I completely believe the Obamas loved this country.

Of course they do...well, as much as any other politician. The difference, I think, is that he specifically has a globalist view. Everyone has to remember that he spent many of his formative years in a third world country. At that age we were all very impressionable and the influences around him couldn't have been very pro-American. That had to have an impact. I think for that reason, more so than any previous president, he had a clearer vision of America the bully state throwing its weight around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom