The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    i could careless about what Cohn thinks......

Well why didn't you say that to begin with. Because after all that's basically what it comes down too. It's not that numerous people believe differently it's more that you don't care what they think.

I mean that's it isn't it?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cudos D, You were presented with a fact, examined and accepted it as fact.

Cudos.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Cudos D, You were presented with a fact, examined and accepted it as fact.

Cudos.

Thank you sir,

Believe it or not I do have the capacity for that. There is however a wide gap in my beliefs vs a good number here. So this will always be an issue and a source for frustration.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah but you have to chuckle, I caught it immediately and almost asked Glitch to change it.

Singularity calling carbon black.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Yeah but you have to chuckle, I caught it immediately and almost asked Glitch to change it.

Singularity calling carbon black.

Not to be nit picky but he condemned both sides he didn't commend them. I don't usually point things like that out because I make mistakes too. But that completely changes the meaning.

when i was in school none of that was my strong suit....fixed it....

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no you didn't read what i said......

Yes I did.

I guess my main point is there are a good number of those coming out disagree. Just so happens someone in his Administration is now making that sentiment public. I think there are probably others in his Administration that share that also but to say that in public is not what most would do. Frankly I think that sentiment is more popular than the opinion that many people here share.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    i don't even think Charlottesville deserves news coverage. One guy killing someone because he is nuts is hardly news to me. It's happens all the time for whatever reason. These idiots saying the president didn't do this or do that need to shut their pie holes. I don't think he should have even responded to these snowflakes.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    i don't even think Charlottesville deserves news coverage. One guy killing someone because he is nuts is hardly news to me. It's happens all the time for whatever reason. These idiots saying the president didn't do this or do that need to shut their pie holes. I don't think he should have even responded to these snowflakes.

Yes but I think you at least have to admit it's playing out to be a rather large issue. You may not like it but it is and it's not just because people don't like Trump. Please believe me when I tell you there are many things he does if it were coming from somebody else I still would strongly feel the same way. So even though there is that issue that it's because it is Trump there also is an issue because it's not what people expect or wish he would do regardless if it were Trump or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Gary Cohn : Trump Team "Must Do Better" To Codemn Hate groups.

Gary Cohn: Trump Team ?Must Do Better? to Condemn Hate Groups - The Daily Beast

The MSM perpetuating its lies.

"he faced “enormous pressure” to resign after the president blamed “hatred on many sides” for the deadly violence and later claimed there were “very fine people” among the neo-Nazi groups protesting to protect Confederate-era statues."

He wasn't talking about the neo-Nazis or the white supremacists when he referred to "very find people". This is the kind of thing that infuriates people and has them pulling the "R" lever at election time. That is just a bold faced lie.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The MSM perpetuating its lies.

"he faced “enormous pressure” to resign after the president blamed “hatred on many sides” for the deadly violence and later claimed there were “very fine people” among the neo-Nazi groups protesting to protect Confederate-era statues."

He wasn't talking about the neo-Nazis or the white supremacists when he referred to "very find people". This is the kind of thing that infuriates people and has them pulling the "R" lever at election time. That is just a bold faced lie.

So are you basically saying that you believe Cohn fell for the MSM propaganda?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yes but I think you at least have to admit it's playing out to be a rather large issue. You may not like it but it is and it's not just because people don't like Trump. Please believe me when I tell you there are many things he does if it were coming from somebody else I still would strongly feel the same way. So even though there is that issue that it's because it is Trump there also is an issue because it's not what people expect or wish he would do regardless if it were Trump or not.

No i.disagree. I think the left is making it an issue and it isn't among Trump supporters. And even just regular americans. Period.
    We don't care.
    It's the new fake story because Russia flopped. You seriously need to take a.break from your liberal news sources. Maybe all news for one week

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No i.disagree. I think the left is making it an issue and it isn't among Trump supporters. And even just regular americans. Period.
    We don't care.
    It's the new fake story because Russia flopped. You seriously need to take a.break from your liberal news sources. Maybe all news for one week

Well you convinced me.

i'm now convinced this isn't an issue for Trump supporters nor for people who haven't paid attention to what is going on.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well you convinced me.

i'm now convinced this isn't an issue for Trump supporters nor for people who haven't paid attention to what is going on.

I watch and read the news every day. I talk to a lot of people every day from all walks of life. This is only an issue for the radical left who let the MSM do all their thinking for them. Reasonable people in everyday life haven't gotten worked up about it and would just like it to go away.

As for the Republicans who spoke out against it? I knew you were going there. This happened on Saturday and they could already feel the wind shift. They came out with their statements to get ahead of the Sunday political talk shows. They are mostly NeverTrumpers anyway. Some of them have supported him but why be grist for the liberal MSM mill if you can see it coming? They are professional politicians and could see the media ramping up the race baiting rhetoric. There is absolutely no upside to being painted, however unfairly, with that brush.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I watch and read the news every day. I talk to a lot of people every day from all walks of life. This is only an issue for the radical left who let the MSM do all their thinking for them. Reasonable people in everyday life haven't gotten worked up about it and would just like it to go away.

As for the Republicans who spoke out against it? I knew you were going there. This happened on Saturday and they could already feel the wind shift. They came out with their statements to get ahead of the Sunday political talk shows. They are mostly NeverTrumpers anyway. Some of them have supported him but why be grist for the liberal MSM mill if you can see it coming? They are professional politicians and could see the media ramping up the race baiting rhetoric. There is absolutely no upside to being painted, however unfairly, with that brush.

Well I just simply disagree. Frankly I just find some of the reasons people give to discount it are something they use to justify their position and nothing more.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    No, he has been a target of both the left and the NeverTrumpers. This was an opportunity to gain a few points with them at little cost to himself.

Well, maybe he'll be the next in line to be thrown under the bus.

Not many are left now. So who does that leave Trump with? Got to wonder who's going to volunteer to serve for him after all of this? By this I mean all the circumstances in total and the fact that not many serve very long before being cast aside or thrown under the bus. How does that kind of thing serve the American people very well?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well I just simply disagree. Frankly I just find some of the reasons people give to discount it are something they use to justify their position and nothing more.

If I didn't turn on the news or read your posts it wouldn't have come up all week. Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, etc. are just propagandists pushing their agenda. They keep this stuff on the front burner to put money in their own pockets and those of their employers. They tell lies and then keep hammering them home until weak minded people believe them. Charlottesville is just the latest in a long line of stories where the facts have been suppressed for an agenda driven script that they keep playing over and over. In short order it is picked up by the other leftist BS generators like WaPo and NYT. This is yellow journalism in all its glory. It makes me sick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom