The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Your assumptions of definition and application are reaching beyond the purview of the sources to which you have referred.

I believe that direct cites would show this limitation.

Well, I'm not a lawyer, by choice. The lawyers have already debated this and my opinion coincides with the law. So whatever you are gett ing at it doesn't chamge the law and it doesn't chamge my opinion. We can choose to disagree but legally I guess I'm right

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh I'm sure Jesus is with you and wouldn't hesitate to flip over tables, pews, and rock stages of many of today's progressive churches, not to mention using the whip again to drive out the heretics and decievers leading His church astray.

Pay back ceasars things to ceasar and God's things to god. He may very well do that but he wouldn't try to force government to change to conform to his church, like SOME of his believers try. I believe in him but I don't agree that the law should

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pay back ceasars things to ceasar and God's things to god. He may very well do that but he wouldn't try to force government to change to conform to his church, like SOME of his believers try. I believe in him but I don't agree that the law should

I'm ok with the law protecting the innocent from the evil. I'm ok wth the law meting out justice in proportion to the level of the crime. I'm ok with the government prescribing objectively moral laws like those against theft, murder, false witness. I'm ok with government following God's model of holding individuals responsible for their actions...there's plenty of room for government to "conform" to His church.

If you got time, take a listen to this sermon:

http://youtu.be/7ceqYBGrLIs

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm ok with the law protecting the innocent from the evil. I'm ok wth the law meting out justice in proportion to the level of the crime. I'm ok with the government prescribing objectively moral laws like those against theft, murder, false witness. I'm ok with government following God's model of holding individuals responsible for their actions...there's plenty of room for government to "conform" to His church.

If you got time, take a listen to this sermon:

I had to listen and study all of it since before I could read till I was around 16. And when I say tyhat I don't mean once a week. I mean all the time and church a minimum of 3 times a week.

Be free to believe and practice how you wish until you force your beliefs on others and then I have a.probkem with you

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had to listen and study all of it since before I could read till I was around 16. And when I say tyhat I don't mean once a week. I mean all the time and church a minimum of 3 times a week

I added this. Maybe you heard this in your church, I know I never did and I believe this sort of preaching is missing from most of today's churches.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I added this. Maybe you heard this in your church, I know I never did and I believe this sort of preaching is missing from most of today's churches.

I'm in a meeting right now so I can't listen but I promise I will,later.

I don't mean to sound like I've learned it all when,it comes to Christianity because i dont think we ever stop leaning on any subject, but I have a solid knowledge of it. And i,do believe.,although,I've had issues over the years that have tested my faith and the level of my participation in organized religion.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We're doing it another time.

Ive got some bully picking on my kid and although I've taught her to defend herself as a last means and only in self defense, sometimes a physical altercation isn't the best coarse of action. Even though I know she'd clean this kids clock. Although if it came to that id back my kid no,matter what if the other party started the physical contact. There are leaches in society and they reproduce
    In my day we woujld have handled this in town.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was all ready to cross-post it here and go on a lengthy diatribe against the evils of the modern institutional church...

...but then I took a closer look.

Larry Taunton shares a story where he called Christopher Hitchens one time and Hitch was in an elevator on his way to a debate...Larry said Hitch had no respect for people who didn't BELIEVE yet went out there and debated for it...I know that sounds weird but I know you know what I mean...He said Hitch said (and it's funny..Taunton is the only guy I ever heard that would, in front of Hitchens, do Hitchens voice, and you would see Hitch sitting there grinning like a Cheshire Cat...Larry can actually do a fair rendition of Hitch...) so anyway Taunton, doing Hitchen's Richard Burton tenor says, "Larry I would love to talk but I am heading into a debate and I am going to rip this guy to shreds...He's a poser so trust me...You'll be with me on this one..."

He said one time he asked Hitch to give him an example of a "poser" and a debate where he did this and he said Hitch looked at him and said,

"Have you ever heard of the Reverend Al Sharpton?"

Larry nodded his head...And Hitch said..

"Google that one...It's a good start..."

I would have loved to hang around with these two like a fly on a wall....

[video=youtube;HsGIbU_FYTw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsGIbU_FYTw[/video]

[video=youtube;_ZCqOHaRRXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZCqOHaRRXk&t=1s[/video]

If I ever find myself backed up I just put on Joel Olsteen or that Prince guy...Those two are better than exlax....:)

"Jesus is coming!!! He is coming..."

(A man approaches the stage and whispers in Olsteen's ear...)

"What do you mean???? Are you saying He is here??? Like right now????

"Yes sir...And he wants to see you...Now..."

"****!!!! Honey grab the safe and fill the bags with loot...We got to get the **** out of here...He's HERE!!!!!!"

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well, I'm not a lawyer, by choice. The lawyers have already debated this and my opinion coincides with the law. So whatever you are gett ing at it doesn't chamge the law and it doesn't chamge my opinion. We can choose to disagree but legally I guess I'm right

Most everything once coincided with legal debates until they didn't, and our opinions have little to do with the outcome.

Definitions and applications are changed from section to section and state to state within our complex web of laws.

There is no "right" on this one, only last and next.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Good points, all, and I agree.

I guess I should have used the word "seeking" in place of "wanting"? I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see those numbers, too, and I agree...I view abortion in the first trimester very differently than the third, or even the second. I really can't see a moral objection to a woman artificially inducing a miscarriage in the first few weeks of pregnancy. I really start to question the decision-making that goes into a second, or third-trimester abortion, at least where there isn't a legitimate medical risk to the mother or the pregnancy. "I don't want it in there" should carry the weight of law, in my opinion, but I struggle to understand why someone would wait so long to exercise that option.

My personal belief is that a new human life begins at conception. When the sperm fertilizes the egg, the blueprint for a unique, new human being comes into existence, so I can see some people's objections.

As for how to translate abortion into law, IMO, while the fetus is in the womb, it's relationship with the mother's body is "parasitic" to put it in cold, scientific terms. IMO, the woman does not have to allow that to continue. Prior to viability, that means the death of the fetus. After viability, the fetus does not die simply because of being "removed" from the mother, it can survive on it's own (the definition of viability), a doctor must actively kill it before removing it, otherwise the abortion turns into a live delivery and murder of an infant. To me, that is a made-up distinction with it's sole purpose to keep late-term abortions legal. I disagree.

As to why there might be abortions in the 2nd and third trimester, amniocentesis is performed between 15-20 weeks. Performing it earlier can cause problems. My personal belief, and this was my own stance when I was at the procreation stage of my life, was that I would not knowingly bring a Down's Syndrome baby into the world.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I also agree that life begins at conception. But I believe that rights start at birth.

Also if the mother dies then the baby dies without intervention. The baby doesn't come out on its own or live. If doctors Assist then babies can be removed and survive but their is a limit on how young of a fetus that can happen with.
    I would hope people don't use abortion and give their babies for adoption or better yet use prevention. However some religions don't allow contraception still and some didn't until recently. They help create a market for abortions.
    Wrap it before you tap it. Would you rather do,that or kill a living thing? Sperm isn't a baby.

But I respect the right of women to control their own bodies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    THIS IS THE ONLY WHITE HOOD I'VE EVER WORN

mPwntd7.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom