The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Really? Cause Palin was the only reason I and a lot of people I know voted for the Maverick jackass at all.

Sorry but I still remember an interview and I think it was 60 minutes.

As the Alaskan Governor what kind of foreign relations experience can you possibly have or bring to the White House. Well hecks fire I can practically see Russia when looking out my back door.

Governor Palin, Governor Palin what magazines or daily journals do you read to stay up on current events? Governor Palin, Governor Palin how do you stay abreast of current events?

Those are the examples that come to mind but she for the most part sounded and appeared to be rather unintelligent for the most part,

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

As the Alaskan Governor what kind of foreign relations experience can you possibly have or bring to the White House. Well hecks fire I can practically see Russia when looking out my back door.

Governor Palin, Governor Palin what magazines or daily journals do you read to stay up on current events? Governor Palin, Governor Palin how do you stay abreast of current events?

Those are the examples that come to mind but she for the most part sounded and appeared to be rather unintelligent for the most part,

Yeah. That didn't happen.

Sarah Palin: 'I Can See Russia from My House'

As far as the magazines go - hardly anyone reads them any more. You don't need to. There's this amazing thing called the Internet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    He could stand on the Texas coast with his arm outstretched and physically repel the hurricane and the headlines would read "Trump Denies Drought Stricken Texans Needed Rain".

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Yeah. That didn't happen.

Sarah Palin: 'I Can See Russia from My House'

As far as the magazines go - hardly anyone reads them any more. You don't need to. There's this amazing thing called the Internet.

D, thank you for proving my point. You just attributed a really stupid-sounding remark to Palin that was in fact delivered by Tina Fey.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What she did say:

“They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”

Not quite as bad but had little do with a question about what insight she had gained living so close to Russia.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What she did say:

“They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”

Not quite as bad but had little do with a question about what insight she had gained living so close to Russia.

I'm assuming that statement is factually correct, but I guess when you've got no foreign experience, you gotta tell the camera something...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    D, thank you for proving my point. You just attributed a really stupid-sounding remark to Palin that was in fact delivered by Tina Fey.

If I may be of assistance:

“They stomp on our neck, and then they tell us, ‘Just chill, O.K., just relax.’ Well, look, we are mad, and we’ve been had. They need to get used to it.”

“And he, who would negotiate deals, kind of with the skills of a community organizer maybe organizing a neighborhood tea, well, he deciding that, ‘No, America would apologize as part of the deal,’ as the enemy sends a message to the rest of the world that they capture and we kowtow, and we apologize, and then, we bend over and say, ‘Thank you, enemy.’ ”
    “And you quit footing the bill for these nations who are oil-rich, we’re paying for some of their squirmishes that have been going on for centuries. Where they’re fighting each other and yelling ‘Allahu akbar,’ calling jihad on each other’s heads forever and ever. Like I’ve said before, let them duke it out and let Allah sort it out.”

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's one more thing the courts think they knew better than the founding fathers on.
    Legislation from the bench

Well, it was actually a founding father [Jefferson] who expressed the idea in an 1802 letter, so I think you could say [at least some of] the founding fathers were on board with the idea; although they likely could not have envisioned how the idea would be twisted to mean that the public square should be absolutely free of all/any religion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom