The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If I didn't turn on the news or read your posts it wouldn't have come up all week. Wolf Blitzer, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon, etc. are just propagandists pushing their agenda. They keep this stuff on the front burner to put money in their own pockets and those of their employers. They tell lies and then keep hammering them home until weak minded people believe them. Charlottesville is just the latest in a long line of stories where the facts have been suppressed for an agenda driven script that they keep playing over and over. In short order it is picked up by the other leftist BS generators like WaPo and NYT. This is yellow journalism in all its glory. It makes me sick.

Well sorry I just disagree that it's not an issue.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, maybe he'll be the next in line to be thrown under the bus.

Not many are left now. So who does that leave Trump with? Got to wonder who's going to volunteer to serve for him after all of this? By this I mean all the circumstances in total and the fact that not many serve very long before being cast aside or thrown under the bus. How does that kind of thing serve the American people very well?

Lol, yeah there's such a shortage of good Americans. Oh heaven's what will we do? How will we go on? Lol.

I think a lot of people in Washington are out for themselves only. The whole US is full of them but they all gravitate to politics for the glamor and the lights.
    Those people do not need to serve the president because they only serve themselves. It is OK for any too executive to hire or fire or move people around in order to find the right fit.
    In the Trump administration he's looking for people that actually work and do the job. Not figureheads like in past administrations. This is a critical difference.
    Frankly dd, you are not adding anything to any discussions. You are so blinded by your hate for Trump that you can't even see it. Even under Obama I wasn't constantly spamming threads with headlines that don't even matter to the discussion.
    You will most likely have a stroke within the next 8 years

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Because it fits comfortably into your world view.

Because as you I have certain reasons to believe those things which I believe to be true or not true. A different way of looking at things based on a number of different reasons or just simply I saw something you didn't or I look at things differently. I'm not trying to convince you are wrong on this, I just simply disagree.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Lol, yeah there's such a shortage of good Americans. Oh heaven's what will we do? How will we go on? Lol.

I think a lot of people in Washington are out for themselves only. The whole US is full of them but they all gravitate to politics for the glamor and the lights.
    Those people do not need to serve the president because they only serve themselves. It is OK for any too executive to hire or fire or move people around in order to find the right fit.
    In the Trump administration he's looking for people that actually work and do the job. Not figureheads like in past administrations. This is a critical difference.
    Frankly dd, you are not adding anything to any discussions. You are so blinded by your hate for Trump that you can't even see it. Even under Obama I wasn't constantly spamming threads with headlines that don't even matter to the discussion.
    You will most likely have a stroke within the next 8 years

Well equally stubborn I guess. I think we both leave little room for the other side of things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is that like "whocares"?

[video=youtube;om7O0MFkmpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw[/video]

I'm like Candyman - write that incorrect expression and I show up.

I could care less.

Is different from...

I could care less.

Some people don't understand sarcasm, and they go on about some ***** Queen's English, as if it's up to her. **** the Queen! :rockwoot:

And it's not that he's completely a brittish twit. He's not completely full of ****. "I could care less" has lost its sarcastic meaning, because people got so used to hearing it sarcastically that they repeat it just because they've heard it said that way.

Now. If we really want to go on about the Queen's English, how about eradicating the common habit of writing common phrases phonetically. Like saying, "could of" instead of "could've".

Saying that I could of cared less about that is completley silly. A preposition in that place is wholly inappropriate. And while I'm at it I might as well say that I could have actually cared less about that. Maybe just a little. Because people say "could of" all the time, and I sit idly by saying nothing, letting them get away with that Scott free. BTW, Scott could of been worth at least something if he weren't such a *****.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Many people don't think so and in fact now someone in his very own Administration thinks he could have done better apparently.

Well it appears Gary Cohn doesn't think that statement or how Trump went about it was good enough. Maybe you need to talk to Gary Cohn.

Gary Cohn is a bean counter who as a Jew has outside pressure on him from a typically left-leaning aggregate of people regarding a subject of which they are understandably hypersensitive. It also tends to get lost in the shuffle that Trump said there were fine people who opposed removal of the statues, not that there were fine Nazis, which he has made clear enough that this should not be an issue.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gary Cohn is a bean counter who as a Jew has outside pressure on him from a typically left-leaning aggregate of people regarding a subject of which they are understandably hypersensitive. It also tends to get lost in the shuffle that Trump said there were fine people who opposed removal of the statues, not that there were fine Nazis, which he has made clear enough that this should not be an issue.

Yeah I have no doubt that he felt pressure. The point being whether you believe it should or shouldn't be doesn't seem to matter. It appears that it is.

Of course at times it probably wouldn't hurt if scripted Trump and unscripted Trump weren't more in line with each other.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah I have no doubt that he felt pressure. The point being whether you believe it should or shouldn't be doesn't seem to matter. It appears that it is.

Of course at times it probably wouldn't hurt if scripted Trump and unscripted Trump weren't more in line with each other.

I could also point out that it would help if Trump weren't having the same problem we saw in 2008 when half of the population couldn't differentiate between things Sarah Palin actually said and things Tina Fey said making fun of her.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I could also point out that it would help if Trump weren't having the same problem we saw in 2008 when half of the population couldn't differentiate between things Sarah Palin actually said and things Tina Fey said making fun of her.

Well I can't remember exactly how many times I saw Sarah vs Tina, but I do know Palin did an extremely poor job of representing herself as being very intelligent.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom