The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So do you wish to make it illegal? If so you willing to also pay more for these lazy people. Also are women who have been raped Lazy as well? Do they fall into that same category and what do you suggest they do? How about the cases where it's either a case of life or death for mother or child. How would you as a husband or father feel in this situation?

OK, Say I were to say to you abortion in the case of incest, rape or where the mother's life is at risk is OK.

Would you be willing to say that it is OK to make abortion for convience illegal?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I believe it I morally wrong, but I don't believe it is murder. I would try to convince someone not to do it, but I firmly believe it is their right.

Frankly I don't know that there is a difference in certain cases. However I would have a problem making moral judgements with those women who have been raped or where there is a choice when it comes to the life of the newborn or the mother. I just don't see this as being something I should be imposing on others. You just can't make people do what they don't want to do. The consequences of doing that generally don't end up being a good thing.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    OK, Say I were to say to you abortion in the case of incest, rape or where the mother's life is at risk is OK.

Would you be willing to say that it is OK to make abortion for convience illegal?

No

BBecause here again your trying to make people do what they don't want to do. Are you willing to pay for it because you most certainly will pay for some of these. Do you really think the majority of these kids are going to have a happy productive life with parents that were forced to keep them? Hell some parents that decide to have kids don't do that very well. Force someone to do something and see how often that turns out well.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Besides your just going to force this thing underground anyway. Women are just going to be forced to get an illegal abortion. It'll happen and these consequences aren't good either.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No

BBecause here again your trying to make people do what they don't want to do. Are you willing to pay for it because you most certainly will pay for some of these. Do you really think the majority of these kids are going to have a happy productive life with parents that were forced to keep them? Hell some parents that decide to have kids don't do that very well. Force someone to do something and see how often that turns out well.

Well, while I might agree that making abortion illegal is a difficult proposition, using the above argument wouldn't sway me in the least. The government forces people to do things against their will every single day. We've all become so accustomed to it that we don't usually give it much thought. But some of us feel the weight of that yoke.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Back and forth...... "an acceptable percentage"

Is that the argument here?

Well, their life was going to start out hard, so... they're better off this way...

since many states have poverty handouts that exceed the average household income, I don't see financial burden as a valid excuse. Not that I see anything as a valid excuse, but still.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's tear down the Jefferson Memorial and Montecello.

Something we can agree on.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Well, while I might agree that making abortion illegal is a difficult proposition, using the above argument wouldn't sway me in the least. The government forces people to do things against their will every single day. We've all become so accustomed to it that we don't usually give it much thought. But some of us feel the weight of that yoke.

I fail to see why you would want to use this as an argument especially when then outcome just results in making people have unwanted kids which more than likely not only cost us more more but more importantly lead to more social problems.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I fail to see why you would want to use this as an argument especially when then outcome just results in making people have unwanted kids which more than likely not only cost us more more but more importantly lead to more social problems.

If you will recall I said I don't want this as an outcome. I do not support making abortion illegal. I understand all of the ramifications of doing so. I'm just saying that as an argument, saying that people won't do what they don't want to do, is pretty weak.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I would never consider Jetta a troll.

I was just trying to express the level of frustration with another member.

I really tried to have a conversation with him. No one has ever told me that I remind them of JOB.

I certainely don't have the thick skin of Trump.

When I am tried and purified I shall come forth as gold.

He's worse than that...He's Canadian...:) (Just kidding....I was just yanking Jetta's chain and used your post to do so..)

No one has ever told me I remind them of JOB either...Just Joe Bob Billy Ray....:)

Take off, ya hosers!

I don't follow this thread much (there's not enough about Trudeau to interest me :)), but it seemed like someone was attempting to shut down their opponent by going nuclear and labeling the resident liberal a troll. He may be wrong, he may be dense, he may be frustrating, but I don't think his primary intention is to irritate and annoy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Morality can't be defined in dollars and cents.

There are other ways to solve this social problem than pre-infacide.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He may be wrong, he may be dense, he may be frustrating, but I don't think his primary intention is to irritate and annoy.

:)

4529974.jpg

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If you will recall I said I don't want this as an outcome. I do not support making abortion illegal. I understand all of the ramifications of doing so. I'm just saying that as an argument, saying that people won't do what they don't want to do, is pretty weak.

Understand, but it is what it is. So the choice remains and what do you do. For me the choice was easy I had three healthy boys and then choose to get fixed because long term consequences of a woman on the pill can be harmful to her health.

But given the choice of either making it legal or illegal I just see making it illegal as doing more harm than good. Those who make that choice to do so will just have to learn to live with their decision.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Holy crap. You just justified the slaughter of a million lives a year by claiming it alleviates social problems? :xmad:

Care to name the next social problem you want to fix by murdering people who have yet to commit a crime? I see murdering 1000000 babies as a social problem...

"unwanted kids" is a myth. Adoption lines are long.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    And it's absurd to claim that since mom didn't want to have a baby when she was 7 weeks along she would treat the live birth with disdain or claim it an "unwanted kid"

that impugnes women and is a horrendous argument

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Morality can't be defined in dollars and cents.

There are other ways to solve this social problem than pre-infacide.

Costs whether in dollars or cents or in social costs are real. Frankly if you are willing to pay the actual cost that is one thing. Really, really do you believe there are enough people willing to take on the responsibility of trying to take on the social responsibility as well? Have the Big Brothers and Big Sisters gotten to the point they have so many volunteers they can no longer use the overwhelming support that is racing to their door?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We should be able to agree on a few things but, as usual, both sides are completely entrenched in their positions. The left wants abortion on demand, anywhere, anytime and under any circumstances. The right wants no abortion, anywhere, anytime or under any circumstances. There is plenty of middle ground and reasonable people should be able to agree.

Late term abortions where a child is born alive and then killed by the physician are abhorrent, inhumane and should be condemned on all sides. But the vitriol surrounding this issue is so overwhelming that there are actually a lot of people that won't even discuss the possibility of doing away with this practice. That does not speak well for our humanity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom