The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    But apparently you can remove it? Given the choice between removal, or covering it up for one day a year, which would you prefer? Think about it, it a compromise that should be reasonable to both sides.

Neither side wants anything to do with a compromise. I couldn't care less about these statues. Whether they remain or are destroyed it doesn't change history one iota. We need to be able to deal with our history, the good and the bad, put it into perspective and learn from it. If we can't discuss these things and learn from them our future looks pretty bleak.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    removing or covering them is unexceptionable in my book and others too......

why should 27% get there way????.......not how this county is suppose to work......

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...icans-think-confederate-statues-should-remain

Because whether you like it or not, that "27%" has been extremely successful in tearing those statues down. That's not even in question. Apparently the "73%" aren't as motivated to save those statues, as the others are to tear them down. I offered a reasonable alternative to at least allow the statues to stay where they are. You can say you don't like it, fine, but that doesn't keep the statues from the junkyard.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Planned abortion clinics kill an average of one million (1,000,000) people every year, of which seven hundred fifty thousand (750,000) are black. That is over fifty million (50,000,000) since Roe v Wade, aproximatelly thirty seven million (37,000,000) blacks.

So?

Why is Margarett Sanger, the White Supremacist, ugenesist and lauded by Adolpf Hitler loved by the left in this country?

Why is Right to Life seventy (70) to eighty (80) percent (%) white?

I get it! We are White Supremacists!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    591b88a78a37e35844c2bada6bc366dd.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Planned abortion clinics kill an average of one million (1,000,000) people every year, of which seven hundred fifty thousand (750,000) are black. That is over fifty million (50,000,000) since Roe v Wade, aproximatelly thirty seven million (37,000,000) blacks.

So?

Why is Margarett Sanger, the White Supremacist, ugenesist and lauded by Adolpf Hitler loved by the left in this country?

Why is Right to Life seventy (70) to eighty (80) percent (%) white?

I get it! We are White Supremacists!

You're facts are ... let's just say, not facts. Where in the world did you get those numbers? Just a cursory glance, one can see that those numbers can't possibly be true.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You're facts are ... let's just say, not facts. Where in the world did you get those numbers? Just a cursory glance, one can see that those numbers can't possibly be true.

which are untrue?

edit: now I see 1,000,000 total abortions in Us, 330,000 by PP, doubling their market share from thirty years ago.

http://www.heritage.org/health-care...anned-parenthood-affiliates-abortion-services

i'm seeing race reported on less than half of abortions, but 56% are black or Hispanic. Have you seen the NYC numbers? 1,200 black babies are aborted for every 1,000 born. How sad is that? The most dangerous thing for a child in NYC is its mom.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [FONT=&quot]Bust of Margaret Sanger in Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery’s “Struggle for Justice” exhibit[/FONT]
    PHOTO-Sanger-Bust.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

The average number of abortions in the U.S. since Roe v. Wade is around 900,000 per year. I have looked that up before and it is, at least as statistics go, accurate. The other numbers seems to be made up from whole cloth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    which are untrue?

edit: now I see 1,000,000 total abortions in Us, 330,000 by PP, doubling their market share from thirty years ago.

Disentangling the Data on Planned Parenthood Affiliates? Abortion Services and Receipt of Taxpayer Funding | The Heritage Foundation

i'm seeing race reported on less than half of abortions, but 56% are black or Hispanic. Have you seen the NYC numbers? 1,200 black babies are aborted for every 1,000 born. How sad is that? The most dangerous thing for a child in NYC is its mom.

"56% are black or hispanic," is a LONG way off from 75% black. And you can't extrapolate that rate as being constant since Roe V Wade (44 years ago). I sure you're clear on both.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The average number of abortions in the U.S. since Roe v. Wade is around 900,000 per year. I have looked that up before and it is, at least as statistics go, accurate. The other numbers seems to be made up from whole cloth.

Actually made up from studies funded by various orgs.

What I wrote was what I remembered off the top of my head, sorry. The sites I have posted put a lot more time into research than I am willing to.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BTW if you do not believe that Maggy was as bad as she is made out to be, go to all of the liberal fact check sites and you will discover that you are absolutely right.

It is on the internet it must be true. Progressives do not white wash history.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Actually made up from studies funded by various orgs.

What I wrote was what I remembered off the top of my head, sorry. The sites I have posted put a lot more time into research than I am willing to.

Well you know what Mr. Twain said about statistics. Anyone with a message to push can construct statistics that "prove" their side is right. Both sides manipulate these studies to reach a desired result.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom