The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Holy crap. You just justified the slaughter of a million lives a year by claiming it alleviates social problems? :xmad:

Care to name the next social problem you want to fix by murdering people who have yet to commit a crime? I see murdering 1000000 babies as a social problem...

"unwanted kids" is a myth. Adoption lines are long.

Well then you explain why people would chose to have an abortion instead of putting it up for adoption? Why do they do that? Do we need more education or is there some reason they choose to which regardless of the options they may always choose that option? Tell me, because they most certainly do.

Also if this idea of yours that adoption is the fix where to be the answer. Do you really think that there would be enough people to adopt all of the children that where once to be aborted to now need adopting?

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    :)

4529974.jpg

Stay in your lane pal.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well then you explain why people would chose to have an abortion instead of putting it up for adoption? Why do they do that? Do we need more education or is there some reason they choose to which regardless of the options they may always choose that option? Tell me, because they most certainly do.

Ask them. When given an "easy" choice with decreased downstream responsibility many choose that option. It's been shown that when you make women wait past the impulsive fearful first week or two of pregnancy they are less likely to have an abortion. PP fights against any and every effort that seeks to delay abortion more than 5 minutes because they know women will be less likely to kill their kid if forced to wait past the fear and impulsivity.

And I still need to keep you blocked before I explode in a grand ban post. It nearly just happened.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Actually, I think I'm done here again. Probably be back in a few months. I'll leave you with my post on the eclipse:

I took a moment to think about our response to the eclipse and compare it to religion. Here are my thoughts if you care to spend a few minutes reading.

-----

Today was a solar eclipse from coast to coast in the United States. The first total solar eclipse in nearly 100 years. Very few Americans had ever seen one before, yet most knew it was coming. It was everywhere on the news, on social media, and at the water cooler. Many last-minute shoppers tried desperately to find authentic glasses or grab the last hotel room within 300 miles of the totality. We knew it was coming, and it was going to be incredible, and we still weren’t ready. It has been predicted for hundreds of years, and we still weren’t ready.

To be fair, a good number of people had made preparations. Those dedicated souls living outside the band of totality found places to sit and watch the celestial game of hide and go seek. Many packed overnight bags, food, extra gas for the car, and expensive telescopes and cameras to record the event. Most of us chose to either watch the event on TV or stream it online. If you lived close enough you probably stepped outside with overpriced glasses or a cereal box to sneak a peek between your primary responsibilities. Those uninterested in the event likely complained about the interruption of their routines. Snarled traffic, decreased productivity, and cluttered social media streams.

This was the first time in our lifetimes that the two heavenly bodies lined up for us in this country. Tens of millions of people were focused skyward to experience the incredible show and most are now eagerly awaiting the next total solar eclipse in 2024. Millions of people who experienced the view of totality were energized by the phenomenon. They texted pictures, they called their friends, they emailed family, and they posted on social media. Quite the fevered pitch of human excitability.

But what about tomorrow? The next total eclipse is seven years away. Seven years of our routines to think about. Seven more years to procrastinate securing our next pair of eclipse glasses and the hotel room at the point of longest totality. Seven more years to forget how excited we were to focus on something beyond ourselves and come together as a nation to celebrate the majesty on display.

Now compare this eclipse to the Christian faith. For thousands of years an event had been predicted that never came. People were told what to expect, and it never happened. This was before social media, 24-hour news networks, and text alerts. Then one day, a Savior was born. News spread slowly but as the years went on the excitement grew. People began to change. Lives took on a different meaning. Jesus rose to Heaven with the promise that He would soon return. But He hasn’t. Just like future eclipses we know an amazing event is coming, we just don’t know when. Many of us are interested but onlookers can’t tell by our preparation. We haven’t read the letters written about it. We haven’t followed the path laid out for us. We haven’t made room in our busy schedules for God and his commandments. We’re too busy with life to focus on something that’s been predicted but hasn’t happened. Seven years is a long time away. So is seven times seven. That’s right, a solar eclipse will happen in 2066, in the far northern hemisphere. Will you be there? Will you even be alive? Will you be the one who prepared when Christ returns? Or will you be complaining about the disruption in your routine? Will you call your friends and family and share the Good News of what is coming? I know, it's not an eclipse, but it still seems relevant.

We tend to prepare for things both at the last minute and incompletely. Don’t do this with your faith. Just because something hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean it’s not going to. We’re all going to die. Many of us will not be blessed with a last minute to prepare. Harness the emotion you felt today while viewing the heavens and use it to take an inventory of your life. Embrace the important, cast aside the trivial. Focus on the Light that neither blinds nor binds, but frees us from the bounds of earth.

No glasses or cereal boxes needed, just a pair of knees.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ask them. When given an "easy" choice with decreased downstream responsibility many choose that option. It's been shown that when you make women wait past the impulsive fearful first week or two of pregnancy they are less likely to have an abortion. PP fights against any and every effort that seeks to delay abortion more than 5 minutes because they know women will be less likely to kill their kid if forced to wait past the fear and impulsivity.

And I still need to keep you blocked before I explode in a grand ban post. It nearly just happened.

Deep breaths, Doc, deep breaths.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Well I'll I have since edited to include the point that I believe even if your idea of adoption where the plan I doubt much that enough people would meet the need of all of the kids from all the unwanted pregnancies. Just don't think so.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And it's absurd to claim that since mom didn't want to have a baby when she was 7 weeks along she would treat the live birth with disdain or claim it an "unwanted kid"

that impugnes women and is a horrendous argument

Its absurd to think someone forced to give birth against their will might resemt the child? Really?

Pro-choice media is absolutely full of these very stories. Perhaps you have never met an unwanted or resented child, but I have. You know way better than me how difficult parenthood can be. Is it really unfathomable to you that someone forced to endure its hardships might view the experience differently?

What is absurd is using government authority to police our most intimate biological functions.

I understand you view abortion as murder. I don't, but I can understand viewing it as homocide. All murder is homocide, but not all homocide is murder. Some homocide is justifiable. I know you disagree, but I view abortion a justified homocide. No person has a right to occupy another person's body without their consent, and consent can be removed.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind about this, but there is a logical, rational argument for keeping abortion legal and accessible.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    [video=youtube_share;MjF1bG5LUcs]http://youtu.be/MjF1bG5LUcs[/video]

Thanks Alpo...53 years old as of 12:07 am.....Will be enjoying Bourbon, Bluegrass music, and BBQ as is befitting a man of my Scots Irish culture...May even howl at the moon...We are not at the farm so sitting in my underwear on the porch, sipping a bourbon and firing an old single shot sawed off 20 gauge will have to wait until the weekend...

Civilization will be the death of me I swear....:)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I have to imagine that as a society besides an inconvenience that comes with pregnancy there still is a certain stigma that comes a long with a woman as her belly visibly gets larger. There's a stigma that goes along with this. We Know What You Did!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have to imagine that as a society besides an inconvenience that comes with pregnancy there still is a certain stigma that comes a long with a woman as her belly visibly gets larger. There's a stigma that goes along with this. We Know What You Did!!

That's absolutely ridiculous.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/...admonishes-reporters-over-trump-coverage.html

Given the overt partisan nature of the coverage of the elections reading this I thought for a moment that the media as a whole was having a moment of sober self reflection. Right up until I read this;
    "The Wall Street Journal is owned by the media magnate Rupert Murdoch, who speaks regularly with Mr. Trump and recently dined with the president at the White House"
    It is unusual to see this at the end of an article, will it spread across the industry so that media outlets will now report the potential bias of others? Or is this a one way street?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That's absolutely ridiculous.

I don't think so. If nothing else a woman who finds herself in an unwanted pregnancy situation probably finds any questions and discussions about it very uncomfortable to say the least. She probably isn't celebrating the fact other people want to either talk about it or feel her belly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/23/...admonishes-reporters-over-trump-coverage.html

Given the overt partisan nature of the coverage of the elections reading this I thought for a moment that the media as a whole was having a moment of sober self reflection. Right up until I read this;
    "The Wall Street Journal is owned by the media magnate Rupert Murdoch, who speaks regularly with Mr. Trump and recently dined with the president at the White House"
    It is unusual to see this at the end of an article, will it spread across the industry so that media outlets will now report the potential bias of others? Or is this a one way street?

CNN says they are middle of the road so as to normalize their radical agenda.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Dude that is funny...To paraphrase our previous President in re "Russia"..."Hey Dddrees...The 1650's called and want their scarlet letters back..."

Now there is a "certain stigma" attached to a guy that looks at a young woman and says, "Looks like someone's got a baby coming..So when are you due?"

And she looks at you saying, "I'm not pregnant..."

Now that there is a little sticky situation...:)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dude that is funny...To paraphrase our previous President in re "Russia"..."Hey Dddrees...The 1650's called and want their scarlet letters back..."

Now there is a "certain stigma" attached to a guy that looks at a young woman and says, "Looks like someone has got a baby coming..So when are you due?" and she looks at you with eyes cold as ice and says calmly "I'm not pregnant..."

Ah well I just find those overwhelming righteous who are so willing to impose their lives and choices on others to be a bit much.

I got saved today so I'm going to make sure you are too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Now there is a "certain stigma" attached to a guy that looks at a young woman and says, "Looks like someone's got a baby coming..So when are you due?"

And she looks at you saying, "I'm not pregnant..."

I made that mistake...once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom