The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BTW if you do not believe that Maggy was as bad as she is made out to be, go to all of the liberal fact check sites and you will discover that you are absolutely right.

It is on the internet it must be true. Progressives do not white wash history.

The part about her appears to be factual from what research I have done.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    BTW if you do not believe that Maggy was as bad as she is made out to be, go to all of the liberal fact check sites and you will discover that you are absolutely right.

It is on the internet it must be true. Progressives do not white wash history.

The bringing up of Margret Sanger, wanting to wage genocide against minorities as an argument against PP, has always been a non-starter for me. Regardless if she was racist or not, how effective has her "plan" been? Yeah, not very. Nowadays PP is killing almost as many whites as Blacks. Have you seen the demographic projections for the United States in the next few decades? If you take that into account, it would seem her plan has thoroughly backfired. PP is really going to need to crank it up if they plan on offsetting what seems like the inevitable. How about you just focus on opposing abortions for all people, rather than citing specific groups?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Seems as though Pro Lifers are so entrenched on this. Just have to wonder if they are so righteous that they are willing to pay for these unwanted children as well?

If I didn't want a child or couldn't support it I would make sure that it wasn't conceived. If for some reason conception still occurred I would do everything in my power to support that child. Being too stupid or lazy or irresponsible to use birth control shouldn't give you carte blanche to commit murder.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems as though Pro Lifers are so entrenched on this. Just have to wonder if they are so righteous that they are willing to pay for these unwanted children as well?

That's the catch 22 isn't it? Force someone to have a child they can't pay for, and then tell them to get by on their own.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If I didn't want a child or couldn't support it I would make sure that it wasn't conceived. If for some reason conception still occurred I would do everything in my power to support that child. Being too stupid or lazy or irresponsible to use birth control shouldn't give you carte blanche to commit murder.

And if you couldn't support that child? Put the child on someone's doorstep?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That's the catch 22 isn't it? Force someone to have a child they can't pay for, and then tell them to get by on their own.

Not only that but there are plenty of parents who have kids now that don't either have great parenting skills or already are making us pay their bills. Yes, yes, let's force more people to do what they don't want to do in the first place.

Gee I hope when your ready to force people who don't want to do something that your willing to face the consequences.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

But that's you and more power and respect to you, however I would guess that's not the case for the majority.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not only that but there are plenty of parents who have kids now that don't either have great parenting skills or already are making us pay their bills. Yes, yes, let's force more people to do what they don't want to do in the first place.

Gee I hope when your ready to force people who don't want to do something that your willing to face the consequences.

I don't like abortion, I believe it is murder. I never said I wanted to make it illegal. I said I believe it is wrong. I am not one of you radical leftists that believe that anything I don't like should immediately be outlawed and forced down everyone else's throat.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I don't like abortion, I believe it is murder. I never said I wanted to make it illegal. I said I believe it is wrong. I am not one of you radical leftists that believe that anything I don't like should immediately be outlawed and forced down everyone else's throat.

Ok, I understand. I wasn't aware of that. So maybe quoting you when trying to make my point wasn't the best thing to do in this situation. I apologize for selecting your statement to make my point,

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I believe it I morally wrong, but I don't believe it is murder. I would try to convince someone not to do it, but I firmly believe it is their right.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Lazy people take the easy way out.

So do you wish to make it illegal? If so you willing to also pay more for these lazy people. Also are women who have been raped Lazy as well? Do they fall into that same category and what do you suggest they do? How about the cases where it's either a case of life or death for mother or child. How would you as a husband or father feel in this situation?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I believe it I morally wrong, but I don't believe it is murder. I would try to convince someone not to do it, but I firmly believe it is their right.

I must say first that I respect your opinion and also your right to disagree with me. The difference between immorally taking a life and murder/manslaughter/other definitions of illegally taking another life is just splitting legal hairs. That is a distinctly different human being regardless of where it happens to be in its earliest developmental stages. A woman who allows a man to inseminate her has tacitly agreed to host the product of said act.

Again, that's my belief, others certainly disagree.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So do you wish to make it illegal? If so you willing to also pay more for these lazy people. Also are women who have been raped Lazy as well? Do they fall into that same category and what do you suggest they do? How about the cases where it's either a case of life or death for mother or child. How would you as a husband or father feel in this situation?

The number of women who are pregnant as a result of rape or who's lives are threatened by pregnancy are extremely small. The left only mentions rape and incest when talking about abortion. If rape and incest are such common occurrences why do we only discuss it when talking about abortion? Shouldn't we be having a national discussion about this epidemic?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom