The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Well, Kaepernick's passwer rating last year was better than 13 other starting quarterbacks. That makes him mediocre but those 13 worse QB's still have jobs, including Eli Manning and Cam Newton. Kaepernick was cut because he just wasn't getting it done on the field for the 49ers. That's the main reason he's not getting a job but it's also reasonable to believe that the political stuff has something to do with it too, at least a little.

Why would anyone take a risk hiring a mediocre quarterback who infamously stepped on America? If I'm a team owner I wouldn't hire him.

He certainly comes with some baggage and I would think most teams would not want that sort of baggage.

I'm mildly interested to see his playing time and completions/attempts compared to Manning. I would guess Manning's was a tad higher. Newton as well, but he has ego baggage that I would not want on my team, that is, if I were a billionaire and owned a team.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    He certainly comes with some baggage and I would think most teams would not want that sort of baggage.

I'm mildly interested to see his playing time and completions/attempts compared to Manning. I would guess Manning's was a tad higher. Newton as well, but he has ego baggage that I would not want on my team, that is, if I were a billionaire and owned a team.

When his price gets low enough somebody will sign him.

Always follow the money

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Football is business. Kaepernick's bad business. Simple as that.

Like his protest or not, those paying for football don't. They have made it clear.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yeah guys. Lets talk about baseball please.

People are starting to look.

How about those Cubs.

Seriously I thought the Cubs were more like the Cubs I knew before they won the WS. I remember taking bus trips with my old man to see the cubs decades ago. Not sure what year we first went to see them but pretty sure we saw a game back in 69 when they were thought to be a lock. Ernie Banks, Billy Williams, Ron Santo, Don Kissinger, Freggie Jenkins, Ken Holtzman, Rick Monday, but a few I remember. I got to see Willie Mays in a New York Mets uniform in the early 70s at Wriggley Field. Their catcher was Something Huntley I think, Anyway most games I went to they lost. Went to a few Reds games as well, now that was a team. The Big Red Machine which was probably one of the best teams ever, at least in my book. Pete Rose before we knew what a hustler he really was, Johnny Bench, Pedro Borbon, Ken Griffey, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, George Foster, yeah the Big Red Machine was one h***uva team.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    he has only lost 7% with his base......still 82%......why is the not on the MSM?????.......CNN BS.....

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump | Gallup

If I 'm correct CNN also said he hasn't lost much but a small portion of his base. But the part I referenced spoke directly about trust and credibility anyway, H*** people voted for this guy knowing he had no credibility. It's just that he's had even longer now to show how little credibility he actually has.

Did I tell you the one about how my crowd size was so big?

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    If I 'm correct CNN also said he hasn't lost much but a small portion of his base. But the part I referenced spoke directly about trust and credibility anyway, H*** people voted for this guy knowing he had no credibility. It's just that he's had even longer now to show how little credibility he actually has.

Did I tell you the one about how my crowd size was so big?

did i tell you hitlery was up by 20 points????

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    he has only lost 7% with his base......still 82%......why is the not on the MSM?????.......CNN BS.....

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Donald Trump | Gallup

Well. Right. Even GWB maintained popularity among neocons. It would be much more newsworthy if Trump lost them. I've never seen a president with such a low rating but I've never seen the media go after a president like this either. But. I think if the media covered Trump honestly, no hyperbole, reporting on no fabricated stories, just straight up honest reporting Trump's approval would be much higher, but still lower at this point than any president in recent history. And what's left reveals the extent to which Trump is responsible for his low approval.

A lot of the things Trump is trying to do is right. Making tax rates sane. Cutting insane regulations. Nominating sane judges. He just gets in the way of his own success by a lot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That doesn't fix Trump and his Administration's credibility issue.

I think Trump's credibility is artificially high with his most ardent supporters, and it's artificially low with his more ardent critics. Reality is the sweet spot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom