The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Kaep isn't playing football because the NFL is business. Are they hypocritical? Hell yeah. I mean players seem to get caught doing dope, cheating, or abusing some woman several times a year. Kaep made an unpopular non-violent political statement, which doesn't require agreement, but in which the method must be respected. The problem is the NFL, when push comes to shove, is always going to choose the option that keeps the most people happy, and keeps them in the black. Kaep playing is a threat to both, and its their right to not employ him.

But let's not get it twisted, if the filling seats required that the NFL be racist, sexist, and homophobic, they'd start passing out American Nazi Party membership cards.
    I don't agree the method must be respected. There are many ways he could have made his point that I would have respected, but the one he chose is not one.

I also do not see the NFL choosing the option that makes them more money as a problem. That is why they exist.

At least I haven't heard/seen him whining about the repercussions of his choice, although others do it enough for him.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Don't be so hard on yourself buddy....You just get so caught up in your belief in your own intellect that you fail to see how you really sound...We're not Lena Dunham or the ladies of the View......We will challenge the talking points with facts....Instead of getting your information from celebrities or children's program hosts perhaps you should look in to what scientists say about it or actual members of the current administration say about things??? You know just to hear the other side....

Just give it a shot...If you do you will stop doubting your ability to having an intelligent conversation and actually have one....Like I said, look to Kut and Alpo...They like nothing Trump does and they can make that case in a readable way that doesn't make them sound like they, and only they, have a straight line to the truth...

Give it a try and quit beating yourself up...:ingo:

I felt my ears burning. Thanks Indy.

I'm pretty much done with the political stuff for awhile. If something different AND important develops, it might be worth coming back and saying something. As it is, the world is 32 million miles from where it was yesterday, and there are other things in life besides national politics.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kaep isn't playing football because the NFL is business. Are they hypocritical? Hell yeah. I mean players seem to get caught doing dope, cheating, or abusing some woman several times a year. Kaep made an unpopular non-violent political statement, which doesn't require agreement, but in which the method must be respected. The problem is the NFL, when push comes to shove, is always going to choose the option that keeps the most people happy, and keeps them in the black. Kaep playing is a threat to both, and its their right to not employ him.

But let's not get it twisted, if the filling seats required that the NFL be racist, sexist, and homophobic, they'd start passing out American Nazi Party membership cards.

Kaep isn't playing football because none of the teams want him. Probably his political "stand" had something to do with that. Maybe if he'd not have stepped on Aunt May's Apple Pie while wearing a mass murderer's image on a tee shirt, he'd at least be someone's backup now.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Kaep isn't playing football because none of the teams want him. Probably his political "stand" had something to do with that. Maybe if he'd not have stepped on Aunt May's Apple Pie while wearing a mass murderer's image on a tee shirt, he'd at least be someone's backup now.

I thought he wasn't playing football because he's not good at playing football. I am sure he's better than me, but that doesn't take much.

Wasn't he benched prior to making his "political stand"?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought he wasn't playing football because he's not good at playing football. I am sure he's better than me, but that doesn't take much.

Wasn't he benched prior to making his "political stand"?

Well, Kaepernick's passwer rating last year was better than 13 other starting quarterbacks. That makes him mediocre but those 13 worse QB's still have jobs, including Eli Manning and Cam Newton. Kaepernick was cut because he just wasn't getting it done on the field for the 49ers. That's the main reason he's not getting a job but it's also reasonable to believe that the political stuff has something to do with it too, at least a little.

Why would anyone take a risk hiring a mediocre quarterback who infamously stepped on America? If I'm a team owner I wouldn't hire him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't agree the method must be respected. There are many ways he could have made his point that I would have respected, but the one he chose is not one.

I also do not see the NFL choosing the option that makes them more money as a problem. That is why they exist.

At least I haven't heard/seen him whining about the repercussions of his choice, although others do it enough for him.

Understand, he doesn't have to choose a method that is palatable to your preferences. The very nature of protest runs counter to that belief. But what he does have to do, is exhibit his protest in a way that does no harm to your person. You can be offended by the act because it offends your beliefs and sensibilities, but you have to respect the, non-violent, method.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Understand, he doesn't have to choose a method that is palatable to your preferences. The very nature of protest runs counter to that belief. But what he does have to do, is exhibit his protest in a way that does no harm to your person. You can be offended by the act because it offends your beliefs and sensibilities, but you have to respect the, non-violent, method.

I agree with this statement 100%, and I will show him some respect for attempting to stand up for what he believes in. I'm also going to shake my head at the fact he decided to take a giant crap where eats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom