The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ah, so were back to sexual orientation.

I think you need to go back and take a peek*.

(Peak vs. Peek (vs. Pique) - Grammar Rules | WritersDigest.com)

Ok, I will.

Oh, there it is!

I think he (KJQ) is commenting on the validity of your "expert." Not stating that gender identity has anything to do with climate change.

I believe he (KJQ) is disagreeing with this statement because this "super nerd [who] knows what he's talking about" is denying the science of 2 genders. Therefore is not a reasonable expert regarding science.

:twocents:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Ah, your funny. But I kinda got that the moment you somehow brought up gender with regards to climate change.

Gender fluidity and man made global warming are very similar. They're both created by leftists playing "make believe".

What amazes me is the sheer numbers of dumbasses that fall for it. :koolaid:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This causes more questions than it answered. So I have a big problem with the denominator. If you're going to claim that 97% of climate scientists agree with AGW, then that means you've surveyed at least a representative portion of all climate scientists, and that came out to 97% in agreement. That's not even close to what they did.

To say that 97% of climate scientists whose papers expressed an opinion, expressed a belief in AWG, is not even close to the same thing as saying that 97% of scientists agree with AWG. And it's intellectually dishonest to say so.

It would be like me telling you that the cheese on a pizza I make contains 100% real cheese. That doesn't actually mean that 100% of the cheese on the pizza is real. It could be 99% fake cheese and 1% real cheese. But that small portion if real cheese is 100% real cheese. Dude, you got suckered.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This causes more questions than it answered. So I have a big problem with the denominator. If you're going to claim that 97% of climate scientists agree with AGW, then that means you've surveyed at least a representative portion of all climate scientists, and that came out to 97% in agreement. That's not even close to what they did.

To say that 97% of climate scientists whose papers expressed an opinion, expressed a belief in AWG, is not even close to the same thing as saying that 97% of scientists agree with AWG. And it's intellectually dishonest to say so.

It would be like me telling you that the cheese on a pizza I make contains 100% real cheese. That doesn't actually mean that 100% of the cheese on the pizza is real. It could be 99% fake cheese and 1% real cheese. But that small portion if real cheese is 100% real cheese. Dude, you got suckered.

Well to be honest I was basing my original statement on what I had heard. But after doing some quick google work this was the best resource I could come up with. It may not do a good job of supporting my original statement but it's what I was able to find to this point.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah, you failed to include his statement. But regardless you used gender in yours as well. So I'll say it again how does Gender or his statements on it have anything to do with climate change?

And I'll say again, it doesn't.

The topic of gender came up in regards to your "expert witness." If I want to call on someone's expert opinion on guns, and they try and claim Glocks are hammer fired, then no one (at least no one that knows anything about guns) will believe my expert on anything relating to guns. Similarly, if you want to have a "scientist" comment on science (climate change), and they don't believe science (2 genders) then no one is going to believe your expert on anything relating to science.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    'What was that number? Wasn't it something like 97% or even as high as 98% or 99% of scientist believe green house gasses which were emitted by human beings heavily influenced this climate change? Besides those overwhelming numbers Bill Nye the science guy agrees. So if you have a problem believing the overwhelming numbers and numerous studies then you really can't deny because after all Bill Nye the science guy super nerd knows what he's talking about.

Bill Nye, the gender denying guy, can't drop his own pants and figure out what his own gender is. Yeah, and we are a bunch of science deniers.

Here it is.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gender fluidity and man made global warming are very similar. They're both created by leftists playing "make believe".

What amazes me is the sheer numbers of dumbasses that fall for it. :koolaid:

Yep, you do an excellent job of meeting ones expectations. You do a terrible job of having any chance of having an intelligent discussion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the article is true, that the denominator was the number of articles written by climate scientists in which a position on AWG was stated, then it's intellectually honest to say 97% of climate scientists agree on AWG. Probably it indicates that most scientists agree with it. It's not completely useless in determining a scientific consensus. It's just not honest to state it the way that we're hearing it in media.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If the article is true, that the denominator was the number of articles written by climate scientists in which a position on AWG was stated, then it's intellectually honest to say 97% of climate scientists agree on AWG. Probably it indicates that most scientists agree with it. It's not completely useless in determining a scientific consensus. It's just not honest to state it the way that we're hearing it in media.

That maybe the case as well. There were other sources that came to this conclusion based on what I saw. However since I didn't recognize the source I didn't bother including those links.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    'What was that number? Wasn't it something like 97% or even as high as 98% or 99% of scientist believe green house gasses which were emitted by human beings heavily influenced this climate change? Besides those overwhelming numbers Bill Nye the science guy agrees. So if you have a problem believing the overwhelming numbers and numerous studies then you really can't deny because after all Bill Nye the science guy super nerd knows what he's talking about.

Well, you did fall for the 97% thing.

Well there's that, but I'm the reason he can't have an intelligent conversation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom