Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is there an expectation that Trump will fight corruption? Is there something in his past conduct that supports that notion?

The leftists own the corruption of the system. You can't deny it. They have the media providing cover at every opportunity.
    Trump is where he is simply because he is an outsider to THAT system. Different animal.
    Do you really think the media is going to sugar coat any bitter pills from Trump like the way they will not only honey coat clintons **** and force it down our throats to boot?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think this will not really influence the General Election. Trump will be able to make great hay over this, and shore up the Republican base. It won't really change HRC's base, nor the middle. As if there is much middle this year.

Granted, an indictment would've been a big influence, but I don't see the lack of indictment as changing things. I do not have the impression people were waiting for this to decide upon their preferred candidate.

The scathing report seems to strongly suggest that there should have been an indictment, and to the people who were already going to vote for her anyway, this doesn't change anything. However, I do think there are a number of middle voters who are turned off on Hillary, but are even more turned off on Trump. Though I don't seem them getting pushed to support Trump, I can see this pushing them to look at Johnson as the more they learn about Clinton, the harder they have to pinch their noses to squeeze off the stench.

Is there an expectation that Trump will fight corruption? Is there something in his past conduct that supports that notion?

I'm not sure there's anyone who isn't an ardent Trump supporter who doesn't think Trump is corrupt himself.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    How did you come up with that from my post?

Well, the thread is about the 2016 General Election. :D

The leftists own the corruption of the system. You can't deny it. They have the media providing cover at every opportunity.

Well, those are 2 different things. The right doesn't exactly have clean hands when it comes to corruption, either. So, I can "deny" that the left has sole ownership over the corruption in the system.

Trump is where he is simply because he is an outsider to THAT system. Different animal.
    And yet, he isn't. He's admitted - bragged even - that he's been a part of the system of buying politicians for as long as he's had money. Now, he may be immune to the being-bought part. (I'm not sure it'll play out like that, but I'm willing to concede it is possible.) But, I'm not aware of anything that suggests he wants to dismantle the system he was part of.

If there is past conduct that supports his efforts to fight corruption, I'm absolutely open to it.

Do you really think the media is going to sugar coat any bitter pills from Trump like the way they will not only honey coat clintons **** and force it down our throats to boot?
    Access to information is decentralized. If the information is out there, it is available. If someone has links to the argument that Trump is anti-corruption, I'm interested to know them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ........I'm not sure there's anyone who isn't an ardent Trump supporter who doesn't think Trump is corrupt himself.

Again, yes but he does NOT have the establishment backing and support like a clinton would. She will skate as evidenced by the NO CHARGE recommendations and he will get an anal exam.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    However, I do think there are a number of middle voters who are turned off on Hillary, but are even more turned off on Trump. Though I don't seem them getting pushed to support Trump, I can see this pushing them to look at Johnson as the more they learn about Clinton, the harder they have to pinch their noses to squeeze off the stench.
    Ok. This I had not considered.

For people who want to know the content of the report - not just the reporting on the report - maybe this makes the 3rd party candidates more appealing. I'm just not sure that's a statistically significant percentage.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh, also, I may be wrong, but the federal prosecutors can independently decide whether there's sufficient evidence in the report to pursue charges against HRC. Maybe Fargo or KF can correct that if it is wrong.

I mean, it would be difficult to justify, but it is theoretically possible.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh, also, I may be wrong, but the federal prosecutors can independently decide whether there's sufficient evidence in the report to pursue charges against HRC. Maybe Fargo or KF can correct that if it is wrong.

I mean, it would be difficult to justify, but it is theoretically possible.

What umbrella do they operate under? DOJ?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What umbrella do they operate under? DOJ?

Yes.

Look, I didn't say it was objective. :D

They are supposed to be relatively independent. The US Attorneys across the nation are, I believe, directly appointed by the President, so they aren't completely beholden to the AG.

Again, I think the fact that the AG said she'd abide by what they suggest means that they've already decided upon the course outlined by the FBI. I'm just saying that there's another step in the process. :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes.

Look, I didn't say it was objective. :D

They are supposed to be relatively independent. The US Attorneys across the nation are, I believe, directly appointed by the President, so they aren't completely beholden to the AG.

Again, I think the fact that the AG said she'd abide by what they suggest means that they've already decided upon the course outlined by the FBI. I'm just saying that there's another step in the process. :D

Ah, so our hopes rest on a dark avenger to step from the shadowy cubicles at the DOJ to do the right thing to save our country......

[video=youtube;4-bD0ZG5_2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bD0ZG5_2w[/video]

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, you're saying our only hope is that some lawyer will put his/her self interest aside and do the right thing? Tell me more about this bridge to Hawaii....

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So, you're saying our only hope is that some lawyer will put his/her self interest aside and do the right thing? Tell me more about this bridge to Hawaii....
    The Fbi doesn't think there was any intent to do wrong so nothing happens to the witch now . Man screw white privilege I gotta get me some of. That Clinton privilege.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Fbi doesn't think there was any intent to do wrong so nothing happens to the witch now . Man screw white privilege I gotta get me some of. That Clinton privilege.

The FBI arbitrarily rewrote the statute to include "intent". The law mentions NOTHING about intent just the fact that it happens is cause for charges.
    Just like ****ING john roberts rewriting obama care to make it a tax so it would pass.
    I'm steaming.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When the AG says she's going to go along with whatever the professional law enforcement and prosecutors suggest, there's a good chance she already knows the suggestion will be something she's comfortable with.

I would like to believe Comey's not in the bag

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, the thread is about the 2016 General Election. :D

Well, those are 2 different things. The right doesn't exactly have clean hands when it comes to corruption, either. So, I can "deny" that the left has sole ownership over the corruption in the system.

And yet, he isn't. He's admitted - bragged even - that he's been a part of the system of buying politicians for as long as he's had money. Now, he may be immune to the being-bought part. (I'm not sure it'll play out like that, but I'm willing to concede it is possible.) But, I'm not aware of anything that suggests he wants to dismantle the system he was part of.

If there is past conduct that supports his efforts to fight corruption, I'm absolutely open to it.

Access to information is decentralized. If the information is out there, it is available. If someone has links to the argument that Trump is anti-corruption, I'm interested to know them.

Craig Shirley: Voters See Trump As Anti-Patronage, Anti-Corruption Candidate
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/craig-shirley-voters-see-donald-trump/2016/05/25/id/730788/

Perception = Reality?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

You might have to sacrifice small children on Satan's altar and eat their still beating hearts to get it

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Perception = Reality?

Oh, I don't doubt that Trump supporters believe he is anti-corruption (or a significant number of them, at least). But, I'm not sure there's anything in his record that suggests he actually is anti-corruption.

In fact, from what I can tell, it looks like he owes at least part of his status to being able to work some level of corruption to his advantage.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh, I don't doubt that Trump supporters believe he is anti-corruption (or a significant number of them, at least). But, I'm not sure there's anything in his record that suggests he actually is anti-corruption.

In fact, from what I can tell, it looks like he owes at least part of his status to being able to work some level of corruption to his advantage.

Again, he may be, but I feel it will be MUCH harder for him to get away with it like hitlary could. You make it harder to get away with and the amount goes down.
    You provide media cover for it and dismissal of it when it's actively happening and the sky is the limit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom