Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. It. Isn't.

I don't want to live in a majority rules society. The EC was specifically designed to allow the minority to have a say too.

It is explained well in this old article "Math against tyranny: http://www.monticellocollege.org/sites/default/files/files/math_against_tyranny.pdf

You did see this, right?

EU to launch kettle and toaster crackdown after Brexit vote

Seems like the minority doesn't want a say, they want to rule over every aspect of a citizens life

Sic Semper Tyrannis

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At what point is "it's too soon for polls to matter" still a thing? October?

Can we reach a gentlemen's agreement about the irrelevance of national polling? Particularly this year? Or, explain to me how this is important?

The Republican primaries should be evidence enough that Trump's polling didn't matter much in the outcome. And Bernie won at least a couple that HRC was supposed to.

Battleground states - Florida, Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc. - polling is what will really matter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He's creeping up :)

Cl7PdTCXEAAuUOq.jpg:large

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ads reserved next week, per CMAG:

Team Clinton: $13 million
    Team Trump: $0

But I've been assured that Trump is actually winning and all the polls are wrong so no point in spending money.

Why is he not campaigning against Clinton?

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Ads reserved next week, per CMAG:

Team Clinton: $13 million
    Team Trump: $0

But I've been assured that Trump is actually winning and all the polls are wrong so no point in spending money.

Why is he not campaigning against Clinton?

My opinion. I don't think he wants to win. He knew how to be competitive and possibly win the primary only to toss Clinton a softball to the WH. I personally think Clinton wins huge. If she adds Warren as VP choice I think it will be close to a historic landslide.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My opinion. I don't think he wants to win. He knew how to be competitive and possibly win the primary only to toss Clinton a softball to the WH. I personally think Clinton wins huge. If she adds Warren as VP choice I think it will be close to a historic landslide.

I don't dissagree. But why the hell is Warren so popular?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    She supposedly hates the rich, which aligns with the young liberals these days

She won't be Clinton's VP. They differ too much.

See, I was going to say that she won't be VP because they are too similar. :D

I think we're both right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think they wouldn't get along at all. Would probably eventually end up in a naked mud fight.

For the mental image? You're welcome.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think they wouldn't get along at all. Would probably eventually end up in a naked mud fight.

For the mental image? You're welcome.

See, being of a certain age, when you say "naked mud fight" the only thing that comes to mind is John Candy in Stripes. (Which is altogether different than John Candy in stripes.)

And that's not so bad. :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See, being of a certain age, when you say "naked mud fight" the only thing that comes to mind is John Candy in Stripes. (Which is altogether different than John Candy in stripes.)

And that's not so bad. :D
    You think Hillary looks like John Candy?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, back to the story (it's not hard to find)....

Specifically, at GPIsvnehsuhnhurhn, what do you make of the polls the last 24 hours that have 66-71% of people saying the US is on the wrong track? Doesn't that suggest latent support generally for Trump as the outsider? HRC is many things, but not an outsider.

In other news, Florida will, again/still, probably be the key. Although within the MOE, looks like HRC and Trump will split Virginia/N. Carolina.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And did I just seriously read that a couple INGOers that I hold in high regard would vote for Biden?

Really?

I thought vote-for-crazy-uncle sentiment evaporated after McCain.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And did I just seriously read that a couple INGOers that I hold in high regard would vote for Biden?

Really?

As someone that has also expressed wariness at the "unknown variable" that is Trump.... Doesn't Biden sound like a safer option? He's maybe 10% of what Clinton is. He's incredibly weak. He'd be opposable by a Republican congress. And he'd be there 4 years, max... where we can all start over again.

Clinton is awful. We don't want that.
    Trump is awful. We don't want that.

Given the option of Biden? The safe, comfortable, and practically harmless Biden? I want that. Maybe that's just me... but I'd rather have some sort of status quo respite before getting into this again. But of course, SCOTUS is the wildcard. I don't know how aggressive a Biden would be with his appointee.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As someone that has also expressed wariness at the "unknown variable" that is Trump.... Doesn't Biden sound like a safer option? He's maybe 10% of what Clinton is. He's incredibly weak. He'd be opposable by a Republican congress. And he'd be there 4 years, max... where we can all start over again.

Clinton is awful. We don't want that.
    Trump is awful. We don't want that.

Given the option of Biden? The safe, comfortable, and practically harmless Biden? I want that.

Ok. I would quibble with the 10% valuation. I see him as about 80% of Clinton... or really, of Obama.

And in terms of predictability, dude's crazy. I mean, he'd be like the post-Alzheimers Reagan. The anti-Reagan. Good natured, friendly (to the point of awkwardness), but unpredictable.

Granted, for media purposes, he'd have the entertainment value of Trump with more overt liberal tendencies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Really?

OMG. Where did you read that. Granted, Biden would beat Trump. He may be a clown too, but he's a media darling clown. Because, as Larry King would say, what good is the media if it can't elect presidents?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    OMG. Where did you read that. Granted, Biden would beat Trump. He may be a clown too, but he's a media darling clown. Because, as Larry King would say, what good is the media if it can't elect presidents?

I can neither confirm nor deny it was in a thread about emails and/or indictments. :D

Biden is to politics what Norm Macdonald is to comedy.

And yes, he would be a more formidable candidate than HRC. In fact, a Biden/Sanders ticket would be strong. WAY past its expiry, though. The sum of their ages would be close to the age of our country, wouldn't it?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can neither confirm nor deny it was in a thread about emails and/or indictments. :D

Biden is to politics what Norm Macdonald is to comedy.

And yes, he would be a more formidable candidate than HRC. In fact, a Biden/Sanders ticket would be strong. WAY past its expiry, though. The sum of their ages would be close to the age of our country, wouldn't it?

All these old people running for President make me think we're going to see a(nother) Presidential death in our lifetime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom