Not open for further replies.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    As someone that has also expressed wariness at the "unknown variable" that is Trump.... Doesn't Biden sound like a safer option? He's maybe 10% of what Clinton is. He's incredibly weak. He'd be opposable by a Republican congress. And he'd be there 4 years, max... where we can all start over again.

Clinton is awful. We don't want that.
    Trump is awful. We don't want that.

Given the option of Biden? The safe, comfortable, and practically harmless Biden? I want that. Maybe that's just me... but I'd rather have some sort of status quo respite before getting into this again. But of course, SCOTUS is the wildcard. I don't know how aggressive a Biden would be with his appointee.

Biden? SCOTUS would not be a wildcard - solid Dem majorities for the next 20 or 30 years. Hello Background checks for everyone, goodbye Heller and look for a reinstatement of the AWB. Remember, Uncle Joe says you only need a shotgun, preferably a double-barrel. No reason for pumps or autos to hunt or for home defense.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    My opinion. I don't think he wants to win. He knew how to be competitive and possibly win the primary only to toss Clinton a softball to the WH. I personally think Clinton wins huge. If she adds Warren as VP choice I think it will be close to a historic landslide.

This is exactly what I've been saying. Agree 100%

We're screwed.

Bob

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It'll probably be clarified that the donations were for a charity which would then transfer funds to another entity to then go to a PAC, without the candidate's knowledge, which would then buy air time.

Or maybe he'd just take the money and blame the media for playing Gotcha.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, he saw what a great deal that foundation is for the Clinton's, which he donated to. He probably wants in on some of that action.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When the AG says she's going to go along with whatever the professional law enforcement and prosecutors suggest, there's a good chance she already knows the suggestion will be something she's comfortable with.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When the AG says she's going to go along with whatever the professional law enforcement and prosecutors suggest, there's a good chance she already knows the suggestion will be something she's comfortable with.

Perhaps in the sense that she has already told them what to suggest?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Perhaps in the sense that she has already told them what to suggest?

Actually, I don't think so. There's enough past practice/prosecutorial discretion to justify not indicting. FTR, there's also enough evidence to justify indicting. But, that's why prosecuting fairly can be a very difficult process.

My point is that she probably wouldn't need to risk the morale and PR implications of making the decision herself if she already knows they are going to suggest no indictment.

I think, if she thought they would recommend indictment, her statements would be along the lines of "moral and legal obligation" to make the decision herself - she'd be trying to justify autonomy. She's not doing that.

This way, she is setting the stage to claim the political high ground by claiming that she didn't politicize it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think this will not really influence the General Election. Trump will be able to make great hay over this, and shore up the Republican base. It won't really change HRC's base, nor the middle. As if there is much middle this year.

Granted, an indictment would've been a big influence, but I don't see the lack of indictment as changing things. I do not have the impression people were waiting for this to decide upon their preferred candidate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom