• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was talking with someone else about the money thing with Trump and tried to make this point: Trump has more money, but needs less, because he is Donald Trump. The main things campaigns spend money on are ad buys and polling. Trump doesn't need to buy ads, because the media covers his every word. He doesn't need polling because he doesn't care what people think. That's what people love.

All that IMHO, of course.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was talking with someone else about the money thing with Trump and tried to make this point: Trump has more money, but needs less, because he is Donald Trump. The main things campaigns spend money on are ad buys and polling. Trump doesn't need to buy ads, because the media covers his every word. He doesn't need polling because he doesn't care what people think. That's what people love.

He's on the Today Show right now.

They're pretty much grilling him on his problem with the part.
    According to Trump: He's having trouble with the party but will probably win better without them.
    Even with being treated haaarably by the press, he's all but even with Hillary--with her best 2 weeks.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Exactly! This also highlights a critically important point that separates him from the standard politician. Whether you like him or trust him or not, there is no denying that he solves problems with solutions, not by throwing money at them until he either overcomes them by brute force or runs out of money. In this case, he converts his preexisting popular following into valuable exposure rather than paying top dollar for it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whether you like him or trust him or not, there is no denying that he solves problems with solutions, not by throwing money at them until he either overcomes them by brute force or runs out of money.

I'm sorry. I cannot in good conscience let that go. I absolutely deny that he solves problems with solutions. He absolutely "solves" problems by throwing money at them. If that can't work, or he doesn't want to part with the money and would prefer to line his own pockets with it, then he uses brute force negotiation tactics. Leverage for the sake of leverage.

In fact, what problem has he EVER solved that didn't involve making money for himself? Really. Maybe he has and I just don't know about it. Any "problem" he "solved" was something that personally benefited himself. Any altruism was simply a matter of throwing money at a cause. His Celebrity Apprentice "raised" tons of money for all sorts of charities, but he made 10x (at least) whatever personal stake he threw in.

The man is not a natural problem solver.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Exactly! This also highlights a critically important point that separates him from the standard politician. Whether you like him or trust him or not, there is no denying that he solves problems with solutions, not by throwing money at them until he either overcomes them by brute force or runs out of money. In this case, he converts his preexisting popular following into valuable exposure rather than paying top dollar for it.

All evidence so far is re-affirming that he's just in this for himself.

Going back to the VERY beginning of my (our) criticisms of him... He knows what to say, he's a salesman, he's in it for himself...

So now we see him spending what little campaign money he has in his own assets.... to give himself money. He's not using that money to campaign like he should. He's just giving it back to himself.

He's not serious about this at all. He ran for himself, he's cashing out, and now I wonder if he'll even make it to convention before bowing out of the race. This has been a joke since day one. He has guaranteed Hillary Clinton will win.

Trump's FEC Filing: Hey, GOP, The Yuge Yoke Is On You (11 Facts You Should Know) | Daily Wire

Can anyone here look at what he's doing and honestly say, "Yeah, that looks like a guy that's serious about running for President."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    He's not serious about this at all. He ran for himself, he's cashing out, and now I wonder if he'll even make it to convention before bowing out of the race. This has been a joke since day one. Can anyone here look at what he's doing and honestly say, "Yeah, that looks like a guy that's serious about running for President."

Guys I know this is hard for you all to swallow and I feel bad...Tuesday thru Saturday I come on here and see you all railing against Trump, how dumb he is, what a bigot he is, what a racist he is, what a selfish a$$, he is etc....I know...I felt the same way about Obama when I knew he was going to win and I was powerless to stop it...It's okay...He's going to do a much better job than anyone thinks...When he does do something dumb (or makes an honest mistake or "evolves" as happens when you are a Democrat) as POTUS you all will be able to pull up these threads and say "SEE!!!! I told you he was a doo doo head..." and all will be well again....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I'm sorry. I cannot in good conscience let that go. I absolutely deny that he solves problems with solutions. He absolutely "solves" problems by throwing money at them. If that can't work, or he doesn't want to part with the money and would prefer to line his own pockets with it, then he uses brute force negotiation tactics. Leverage for the sake of leverage.

In fact, what problem has he EVER solved that didn't involve making money for himself? Really. Maybe he has and I just don't know about it. Any "problem" he "solved" was something that personally benefited himself. Any altruism was simply a matter of throwing money at a cause. His Celebrity Apprentice "raised" tons of money for all sorts of charities, but he made 10x (at least) whatever personal stake he threw in.

The man is not a natural problem solver.

It doesn't bother me that his problem solving makes him money. My point is that he doesn't attack problems by throwing money at them with the reckless abandon of an aircraft carrier full of drunken sailors.

All evidence so far is re-affirming that he's just in this for himself.

Going back to the VERY beginning of my (our) criticisms of him... He knows what to say, he's a salesman, he's in it for himself...

So now we see him spending what little campaign money he has in his own assets.... to give himself money. He's not using that money to campaign like he should. He's just giving it back to himself.

He's not serious about this at all. He ran for himself, he's cashing out, and now I wonder if he'll even make it to convention before bowing out of the race. This has been a joke since day one. He has guaranteed Hillary Clinton will win.

Trump's FEC Filing: Hey, GOP, The Yuge Yoke Is On You (11 Facts You Should Know) | Daily Wire

Can anyone here look at what he's doing and honestly say, "Yeah, that looks like a guy that's serious about running for President."

Of course he's in it for himself. That doesn't really bother me. You are very fond of pointing out his inconsistent positions. One point where he has been remarkably consistent for decades is that he considers his personal well-being to rest on the well-being of the United States, as opposed to being a globalist. That in itself is enough to give him a huge margin of superiority over most alternatives. His self-interest aligns with mine in a very important way.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    (BTW, thanks for the rep earlier - you're probably wishing you could take it back.) :D

It doesn't bother me that his problem solving makes him money. My point is that he doesn't attack problems by throwing money at them with the reckless abandon of an aircraft carrier full of drunken sailors.

When has he ever solved a problem by not throwing money at it?

Problem with contractors? Throw money at attorneys to get out of paying.

Problem with banks? Throw money at lawyers and CPAs to get out of paying.

Problem with banks and contractors? Throw money at politicians to change the rules.

You are very fond of pointing out his inconsistent positions. One point where he has been remarkably consistent for decades is that he considers his personal well-being to rest on the well-being of the United States, as opposed to being a globalist.
    All while outsourcing (or allowing outsourcing of) production of his licensed products to overseas? He has absolutely not been consistent on being a non-globalist.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guys I know this is hard for you all to swallow and I feel bad...Tuesday thru Saturday I come on here and see you all railing against Trump, how dumb he is, what a bigot he is, what a racist he is, what a selfish a$$, he is etc....I know...I felt the same way about Obama when I knew he was going to win and I was powerless to stop it...It's okay...He's going to do a much better job than anyone thinks...When he does do something dumb (or makes an honest mistake or "evolves" as happens when you are a Democrat) as POTUS you all will be able to pull up these threads and say "SEE!!!! I told you he was a doo doo head..." and all will be well again....

I'm having a difficult time figuring out if you're being sarcastic or not.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. There is an obligation in a presidential general election thread, to bring up a nightmare scenario: a tie in the EC. :D

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And he might deliver an historic cluster foxtrot in November.

In the event of an EC tie, the House decides the President. But, each state DELEGATION gets a vote. So, the 9 Indiana Reps would vote to decide how the delegation would vote. (Spoiler alert: 7/9 are Republican now, but it would be the new Congress that votes, I believe. But, I don't see the majority changing.)

And get this - the Senate votes on who the Veep would be. ISYN.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok. There is an obligation in a presidential general election thread, to bring up a nightmare scenario: a tie in the EC. :D

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. And he might deliver an historic cluster foxtrot in November.

In the event of an EC tie, the House decides the President. But, each state DELEGATION gets a vote. So, the 9 Indiana Reps would vote to decide how the delegation would vote. (Spoiler alert: 7/9 are Republican now, but it would be the new Congress that votes, I believe. But, I don't see the majority changing.)

And get this - the Senate votes on who the Veep would be. ISYN.

CGP Grey did a good video on this subject

[video=youtube;sHEDXzOfENI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHEDXzOfENI[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    CGP Grey did a good video on this subject

[video=youtube;sHEDXzOfENI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHEDXzOfENI[/video]

I don't often quote pictures/embedded vids. But I do, when they are tie-tackular. :D Awesome vid, for which you have been max-repped.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At what point is "it's too soon for polls to matter" still a thing? October?

Cl5Yy4wXIAAnwUj.jpg:large

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe less than 24 hrs

http://www.marke****ch.com/story/leave-side-ahead-in-fresh-brexit-poll-on-last-day-before-referendum-2016-06-22

link not live because language filter is mindless

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom