That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I'm willing to put down $100 that a white person referring to a person with black heritage as an ape/monkey has NEVER been used as "making fun of them" as opposed to the racial connotation.
    I’m not willing to argue online to somebody I do no know, and probably won’t wind up meeting, however I will respectfully dosagree with the quoted statement and say you are wrong, and if this were a real bet I would take the $100.

I will say, that social media as a whole isn’t good for society and that if you’re in the public eye at all, say even some nobody YouTuber with 50k or so followers you shouldn’t post your own remarks on anything and should hire a social media mouthpiece.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I’m not willing to argue online to somebody I do no know, and probably won’t wind up meeting, however I will respectfully dosagree with the quoted statement and say you are wrong, and if this were a real bet I would take the $100.

I will say, that social media as a whole isn’t good for society and that if you’re in the public eye at all, say even some nobody YouTuber with 50k or so followers you shouldn’t post your own remarks on anything and should hire a social media mouthpiece.

Again, I'd hope my reputation on SJW topics proceeds me... but i absolutely agree. Social media will be the beginning of the downfall of society.

But my bet... I'm betting most people here are mature adults. Anyone who has partaken in media in the past couple decades knows what monkey/ ape means on racial terms. To deny it is to admit feigning ignorance for whatever virtue signaling purpose.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Ambien did it.....:):

Barr.jpg

Barr2.jpg

Roseanne Barr back on Twitter after 'leaving,' blames 'Ambien tweeting' after ABC cancels hit show | Fox News

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Again, I'd hope my reputation on SJW topics proceeds me... but i absolutely agree. Social media will be the beginning of the downfall of society.

But my bet... I'm betting most people here are mature adults. Anyone who has partaken in media in the past couple decades knows what monkey/ ape means on racial terms. To deny it is to admit feigning ignorance for whatever virtue signaling purpose.
    You spoke in an absolute and said it hasn’t happened in a non racially charged way, that is going to be patently false, is it typically going to be meant in a terrible way in most cases? Absolutely. But to say it isn’t ever meant in any way other than the way you prescribe? Nah, it happens as razzing, jiving whatever everyday between good friends, in that way you are incorrect.

I’m into a lot of the “anti-SJW” type of things, however INGO has a hard to follow layout and I’m mostly here for the gun related content, my normal hangout for politicking is down for maintenance today tho

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya, if that was her meaning, then absolutely.
    Barr should know if she knows her. I still haven't seen a "blackish" picture of the white lady in question.

Believe it or not, there are actually a good number of us that don't look like the people in he old National Geographic magazines.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’d like to encourage people to resist requiring acknowledgement of belief. Or, in other words, reqire disavowal-signaling. It’s fine to say that what Roseanne said was racist. You go beyond that to require other people to say your words too, to shame people for not saying it too, and that’s just not a good practice for public discourse. This is what the fringe right and the fringe left do. And I know saying Roseanne’s tweet is racist seems like a no brainer. But I think we need to draw the line on disavowal-shaming people. Make your case, sure. But people shouldn’t have to signal their disavowal to be considered “us”.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What she said disgusts me. No loss in this cancellation. Could other shows be cancelled along the same lines? Probably but that's not the world we live in.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It further annoys me that now VJ can bask in her victimhood. The great unmasker should be, IMO, in a federal facility somewhere and instead she becomes a political martyr.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It further annoys me that now VJ can bask in her victimhood. The great unmasker should be in a federal facility somewhere and instead she becomes a political martyr.

For what exactly? This isn't the first time that someone has brought this notion. I think now is the time to challenge it. I

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For what exactly? This isn't the first time that someone has brought this notion. I think now is the time to challenge it. I
    It’s been widely reported on the more conservative outlets that it was VJ’s idea to do the unmasking. It’s something I wouldn’t be surprised to hear was true but the evidence for that isn’t any stronger than the evidence for Russians colluding with trump.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It’s been widely reported on the more conservative outlets that it was VJ’s idea to do the unmasking. It’s something I wouldn’t be surprised to hear was true but the evidence for that isn’t any stronger than the evidence for Russians colluding with trump.

Are you talking about Susan Rice?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I will give Rosanne this... ambien is very disinhibiting. Sometimes in very fun ways :):

Hah, I just saw that she blamed the tweet on Ambien.

I'd have more respect for her if she just stood up and owned it rather than blaming drugs.

Her Twitter feed right now is just a wave of "MAGA" accounts praising her. Poor lost and misguided souls...

Top Bottom