That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I dunno. When I first saw her I thought she was possibly Asian?

Yeah, that possibly too... but didn't seem likely to me. Though my baby sister people think is mixed with Asian too... and as far as I know my family has never had an Asian mailman. And people stop delivering milk well before she was born.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, but for the darkie comment, no one was saying that. The offense was that you seemed to be accusing people of things not said.

I suggest you look up Bulger's last name... and see how often, people are saying things not said. It's a fairly common refrain. The "Blame, Kill, W***** did it" chorus.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You're right.
    Growing up with all the racism out there, it's not fair. There is no word for the white guy that will offend me or any other white guy that I know of. Yet there are plenty of terrible, disrespectful words to call other races. Totally one sided. I've had this conversation with my friends growing up. I'm still waiting for some good ones to get invented so I can be offended too.
    It really is weird.

So does that make me a racist because I can't be offended by mere words? And don't get me started on sign language gestures. :):

When everything is racist, nothing is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You were replying to me. The context was that thread. You later privately told me you weren't referring to me, and thanks for that. But can't you see how easy it would be to understand it the way I did?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It happens ALL the time on here. I ran a test case just the other day, when I used the word "darkie," and sure enough, someone was offended. If I used slurs commonly associated with my race, people would lose their $@%. Can you imagine if I said "Yep, it's the N*****s fault." CM would be working overtime, fending off the reports, and people calling for me to be banned. So, honestly who is the less equal in that regard?

Yeah, but for the darkie comment, no one was saying that. The offense was that you seemed to be accusing people of things not said.

You're right.
    Growing up with all the racism out there, it's not fair. There is no word for the white guy that will offend me or any other white guy that I know of. Yet there are plenty of terrible, disrespectful words to call other races. Totally one sided. I've had this conversation with my friends growing up. I'm still waiting for some good ones to get invented so I can be offended too.
    It really is weird.

So does that make me a racist because I can't be offended by mere words? And don't get me started on sign language gestures. :):

First... the reason for the inequality? Whites weren't oppressed in America. Period.

"******" was a specifically racially-charged word back then. There is no equal to it when it comes to another race calling something to white people. We can and should all acknowledge this. However, we should also be able to acknowledge that was a long time ago, and we've grown and evolved past those dark times.

There are words that... when said from a white to a black person, carry a LOT of weight... compared to words said from anyone else to a white person. That's how it is, that's how it will be, and that's how it will be for many decades to come. The inequality is there for a reason.

So...

It's less likely a celebrity is going to be fired for using white-racial terms as opposed to the much heavier black-racial terms.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    It happens ALL the time on here. I ran a test case just the other day, when I used the word "darkie," and sure enough, someone was offended. If I used slurs commonly associated with my race, people would lose their $@%. Can you imagine if I said "Yep, it's the N*****s fault." CM would be working overtime, fending off the reports, and people calling for me to be banned. So, honestly who is the less equal in that regard?
    If there is a line to be drawn, and it is over slurs that are racially charged OR over making fun of people and comparing them to primates, that should be an even line, made to all sides and all types, there’s tons of people in the public eye making the same types of comments without backlash in part due to whom they are leveling their disparaging remarks at.

letting one group run amok and telling other groups that doing similar acts is forbidden isn’t going to help things out in the long run and there are schools of thought that believe that energizes people into joinin hate groups and stirring up their own mess.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When everything is racist, nothing is.

****** is racist in 90% of cases.
    monkey/ape is racist when referring to a person with black heritage.

This isn't ****ing rocket science. It's really easy.

Look, I AGREE with your phrase, I agree with what you said... but in this case, it doesn't apply at all.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If there is a line to be drawn, and it is over slurs that are racially charged OR over making fun of people and comparing them to primates, that should be an even line, made to all sides and all types, there’s tons of people in the public eye making the same types of comments without backlash in part due to whom they are leveling their disparaging remarks at.

letting one group run amok and telling other groups that doing similar acts is forbidden isn’t going to help things out in the long run and there are schools of thought that believe that energizes people into joinin hate groups and stirring up their own mess.

I'm willing to put down $100 that a white person referring to a person with black heritage as an ape/monkey has NEVER been used as "making fun of them" as opposed to the racial connotation.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'm willing to put down $100 that a white person referring to a person with black heritage as an ape/monkey has NEVER been used as "making fun of them" as opposed to the racial connotation.

I can take that from you.
    It's called innocents. I know of several times my black friends were called monkeys by white parents and babysitters. Completely innocent. As well as their own dad, It's because of how they played with each other. They were crazy together. Would some people freak if they heard it? Probably and they would have been reprimanded for even bringing it up.

Dude. Not everyone is racist. REALLY.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dude. Not everyone is racist. REALLY.

I'll start by apologizing: I've had you blocked for a long time now. I un-ignored you to comment on something recently... and now we seem to be carrying on with this topic. I don't remember why I ignored you, but I have an idea. Going forward.. I take you for a serious person, and I don't intent to ignore you further.

If you've followed my posts here on INGO at all, you'll know I ascribe to the same line-of-thinking. I hate race-baiting. I loathe seeing it here on the forum, and usually, I just ignore it and move on.

It's not something that I do personally. I'm at the front line defending those that are accused of being racist in 95% of the situations. Honestly, ask anyone on that count.

Check my reputation in the "Insane Social Justice" thread for that. I back-up nearly everyone when it comes to being accused of things they aren't.

But here? That doesn't apply. Roseanne was being racist. Period. End of story. There is zero wiggle-room for that. Being intellectually honest is a trait you have to have when you're leading the charge against false accusations. While I find the fault in false-accusations against so many in the past... I find zero evidence that what Roseanne was doing here was anything less than being racist.

I'm bringing this to you as someone that you probably would agree with in most cases like this. I've looked at this objectively. I've looked at this critically.

Roseanne was being racist. 100%. To deny this, or make excuses of it, is worth so much cringe.

I'm saying this... in hopes that my reputation carries some weight when it comes to these sort of topics. When it comes to SJW things... I try to be as honest as possible.

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'll start by apologizing: I've had you blocked for a long time now. I un-ignored you to comment on something recently... and now we seem to be carrying on with this topic. I don't remember why I ignored you, but I have an idea. Going forward.. I take you for a serious person, and I don't intent to ignore you further.

If you've followed my posts here on INGO at all, you'll know I ascribe to the same line-of-thinking. I hate race-baiting. I loathe seeing it here on the forum, and usually, I just ignore it and move on.

It's not something that I do personally. I'm at the front line defending those that are accused of being racist in 95% of the situations. Honestly, ask anyone on that count.

Check my reputation in the "Insane Social Justice" thread for that. I back-up nearly everyone when it comes to being accused of things they aren't.

But here? That doesn't apply. Roseanne was being racist. Period. End of story. There is zero wiggle-room for that. Being intellectually honest is a trait you have to have when you're leading the charge against false accusations. While I find the fault in false-accusations against so many in the past... I find zero evidence that what Roseanne was doing here was anything less than being racist.

I'm bringing this to you as someone that you probably would agree with in most cases like this. I've looked at this objectively. I've looked at this critically.

Roseanne was being racist. 100%. To deny this, or make excuses of it, is worth so much cringe.

I'm saying this... in hopes that my reputation carries some weight when it comes to these sort of topics. When it comes to SJW things... I try to be as honest as possible.

Quoted so all those ignoring you can read it. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First... the reason for the inequality? Whites weren't oppressed in America. Period.

"******" was a specifically racially-charged word back then. There is no equal to it when it comes to another race calling something to white people. We can and should all acknowledge this. However, we should also be able to acknowledge that was a long time ago, and we've grown and evolved past those dark times.

There are words that... when said from a white to a black person, carry a LOT of weight... compared to words said from anyone else to a white person. That's how it is, that's how it will be, and that's how it will be for many decades to come. The inequality is there for a reason.

So...

It's less likely a celebrity is going to be fired for using white-racial terms as opposed to the much heavier black-racial terms.
    Just a distinction. Whites weren’t oppressed as a race. There was all kinds of oppression. Just not for being white.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Roseanne is now retweeting a conspiracy that Michelle Obama was involved in getting her fired.

Please... INGO members... look at simple logic here and decide which way to lean on.

Dea0QfGWAAE5dGN.jpg:small

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And what does that mean with regards to your personal opinion on the topic?

What? being ignored?
    It happens.

Look, sometimes I hit and run on this forum. Usually, when I'm interested in subscribing to a particular thread, instead of hitting subscribe or just putting a "dot" - Boring. I'll just say something. Maybe a play on words. maybe a joke or two. It doesn't mean I'm not interested in what anyone is saying, it usually means I'm waiting for answers like everybody else. Depending on the topic, I'll jump in if I can help someone (or try to help) with like gun related stuff or if I happen to be "the expert" with whatever it is, but mostly I just enjoy myself at the expense of others. :): (anything sound familiar)

I will tell you that the outdoorsy/hunter crowd gets a bit pissy when you pull a parody on their threads. More than others here, I've found.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What? being ignored?
    It happens.

Look, sometimes I hit and run on this forum. Usually, when I'm interested in subscribing to a particular thread, instead of hitting subscribe or just putting a "dot" - Boring. I'll just say something. Maybe a play on words. maybe a joke or two. It doesn't mean I'm not interested in what anyone is saying, it usually means I'm waiting for answers like everybody else. Depending on the topic, I'll jump in if I can help someone (or try to help) with like gun related stuff or if I happen to be "the expert" with whatever it is, but mostly I just enjoy myself at the expense of others. :): (anything sound familiar)

I will tell you that the outdoorsy/hunter crowd gets a bit pissy when you pull a parody on their threads. More than others here, I've found.

In an attempt to reign in your post...

Do you think Roseanne was being racist, or not?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    In an attempt to reign in your post...

Do you think Roseanne was being racist, or not?

Ya, if that was her meaning, then absolutely.
    Barr should know if she knows her. I still haven't seen a "blackish" picture of the white lady in question.

Top Bottom