That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Perhaps that's an important distinction. The original PotA, or the reboot?

I've never seen the reboots. I judge reboots harshly, and I have no patience for those that think they can replace dialog and plot with CGI and get a pass.

But that brings up another thought. Maybe instead of canceling the show, they should just remove Rosanne Barr from it, ala Kevin Spacy. They could do it with CGI in the already filmed shows, and then bring in another actress in the new ones (like they brought in a new Becky in the old show). Maybe Melissa McCarthy would be interested.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    y'all do realize that while you're debating the finer points of this topic, it's just more of the same Punch 'n Judy puppet show?

At the very bottom of life, which seduces us all, there is only absurdity, and more absurdity.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So is it racist if Roseanne truly did not know that she is black? I still find it difficult to believe based on common features.

That is the problem with hate crime legislation. How do you know what was known or meant? Since we cannot be made to incriminate yourself, isn’t a hate crime confirming judicially what your thoughts were?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I never watched the old show, didn't watch the new show or any of her comedy in between. I've also never spent 4$ on coffee.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    So is it racist if Roseanne truly did not know that she is black? I still find it difficult to believe based on common features.

That is the problem with hate crime legislation. How do you know what was known or meant? Since we cannot be made to incriminate yourself, isn’t a hate crime confirming judicially what your thoughts were?

As I said above, I take no position on her intent. But, having a conversation about the importance of reality over perception, regarding a person, whose entire persona is inextricably and permanently bound to a make-believe world could be seen as another absurdity.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

Ambien (zolpidem) is a sedative/hypnotic used for treating insomnia. Ambien is available in generic form. Common side effects of Ambien (zolpidem) include:

Tell your doctor if you have unlikely but serious side effects of Ambien including:
    • memory loss,
    • mental/mood/behavior changes (such as new or worsening depression, abnormal thoughts, thoughts of suicide, hallucinations, confusion, agitation, aggressive behavior, or anxiety).

IDK but that last one seems like it might cover it. (Maybe the important debate we all should be having is whether or not she told her doctor, as instructed.)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

A quick goto on Roseanne tells me she grew up jewish in SLC and her parents hid their faith/ethnicity and were active in LDS (as protective cover apparently). It does not seem that she would be particularly unaware of discrimination or coded phrasing

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Straight from the Ambien article, this is the side effects on the label.
    Abnormal thinking and changes in behavior: "Some of these changes may be characterized by decreased inhibition, similar to effects produced by alcohol," according to its FDA-approved labeling.
    Hallucinations: "Visual and auditory hallucinations have been reported as well as behavioral changes such as bizarre behavior, agitation and depersonalization." Confusion, disorientation and aggression are also listed side effects, the label states.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    DedVWXWXcAA8Loh.jpg:large

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ambien (zolpidem) is a sedative/hypnotic used for treating insomnia. Ambien is available in generic form. Common side effects of Ambien (zolpidem) include:

Tell your doctor if you have unlikely but serious side effects of Ambien including:
    • memory loss,
    • mental/mood/behavior changes (such as new or worsening depression, abnormal thoughts, thoughts of suicide, hallucinations, confusion, agitation, aggressive behavior, or anxiety).

IDK but that last one seems like it might cover it. (Maybe the important debate we all should be having is whether or not she told her doctor, as instructed.)

Carefully you must tread lest ye be accused of wrong think, so it is written, so shall it be.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ambien is BAD.
    2 of my "demerits" here on INGO were Ambien induced. (or just the one-still can't remember) I also texted and emailed people some bizarre messages. Thrashed my kitchen enough that I though I had a break in until I followed the spilled trails of stew and crackers to my bedroom. It took a whole day to clean it all up.

I got Ambien so I can sleep better. Instead I stayed up all night as a whole different person. I can't imagine if I thought I needed to go for a drive somewhere. I thought I was in control.... of the parts I remember anyway.
    I still don't know where the hamster is.

Did I turn into a racist? No. But I don't ever want to see that other guy in my house again.
    Did I mention that Ambien is BAD.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    A quick goto on Roseanne tells me she grew up jewish in SLC and her parents hid their faith/ethnicity and were active in LDS (as protective cover apparently). It does not seem that she would be particularly unaware of discrimination or coded phrasing

There are plenty of pictures where she does look somewhat like a monkey. It is also quite understandable that someone would not know she is black. My point is you can say someone looks like a monkey and not be referencing racial insults. It can just be an insult.

Is that children’s rhyme where it is said you look like a monkey and you act like one too considered racist if the person you’re saying it to is black? I am just beyond sick of these special hidden trip wires out there in culture. Insults are insults, being mean is being mean, stop with the special treatment of “racist“ comments.

case in point: macaca

Surely even kut could agree that using a made-up word to name somebody from India and it turns out it’s similar to a Portuguese slang term for a black person is utterly absurd. Absolute garbage yet he had to give up after it. Ludicrous

Last edited:

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    We used to sing Happy Birthday and reference monkeys all the time.

Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way? Was the moolslim brotherhood insulted or was the "other one"?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Observing those taking some of the sleep aids, it's not like being drunk in that it's just "lowered inhibitions". It's more like play-acting a dream. Much more nonsensical, much more random. No matter how drunk you get, you probably won't eat raw hamburger and put the ice cream from the freezer in the sink. You probably won't start "speaking in tongues" and try to drive to a home to a house you never actually lived at. Sleeping pills, these things become real possibilities.

I had an uncle kill himself within a week of starting taking a prescription sleeping pill. No signs of depression, no sickness, no financial troubles, no family troubles, dedicated father/grandfather/husband, etc. He came downstairs talking in a make-believe language and then shot himself in his head in front of his granddaughter.

A friend of mine did the raw hamburger/ice cream thing.

A second friend of mine started texting/facebooking people that he had just caught his wife cheating on him with his brother and a lot of other wild nonsense.

I think her post to be a bit too coherent for "Ambien posting", but people do very odd things taking those medications.
    Yep if someone is legit on sleeping pills and awake and functioning then there is a real possibility of legit bad **** going down that the person would NEVER do in real life. Ambien will **** you up if you are awake on it or at least it did me. I stopped taking it immediately and never took it again. I'd rather not sleep than end up on the news for something I had no idea I was doing nor would I ever do in real life.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ambien is BAD.
    2 of my "demerits" here on INGO were Ambien induced. (or just the one-still can't remember) I also texted and emailed people some bizarre messages. Thrashed my kitchen enough that I though I had a break in until I followed the spilled trails of stew and crackers to my bedroom. It took a whole day to clean it all up.

I got Ambien so I can sleep better. Instead I stayed up all night as a whole different person. I can't imagine if I thought I needed to go for a drive somewhere. I thought I was in control.... of the parts I remember anyway.
    I still don't know where the hamster is.

Did I turn into a racist? No. But I don't ever want to see that other guy in my house again.
    Did I mention that Ambien is BAD.
    I took it before I was on ingo. I cant even imagine ;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Straight from the Ambien article, this is the side effects on the label.
    Abnormal thinking and changes in behavior: "Some of these changes may be characterized by decreased inhibition, similar to effects produced by alcohol," according to its FDA-approved labeling.
    Hallucinations: "Visual and auditory hallucinations have been reported as well as behavioral changes such as bizarre behavior, agitation and depersonalization." Confusion, disorientation and aggression are also listed side effects, the label states.
    Yep straight up. Now imagine people who have war skills having hallucinations. Not good

Top Bottom