• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I know, and I understand MrJarell is generally a contrarian... but I don't understand why he would be so hostile toward Perry right off the bat... unless he's simply a very partisan person and against anything GOP/Tea Party-related.

Given his lack of coverage of equally offensive or worse abuses by Democrats, I'm guessing this is exactly the reason.

I like to think of Jarell as an equally intellectual person... and not susceptible to what the media feeds us. I like to think he's capable of thinking and forming opinions on his own without the input of the media... but his threads generally tend to lean toward the exact image that the media tries to frame. I'm unsure at times.
    He does have a habit of inconsistency.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [/B]Given his lack of coverage of equally offensive or worse abuses by Democrats, I'm guessing this is exactly the reason.

He does have a habit of inconsistency.
    Well there's the whole libertarian/progressive yin/yang thing happening.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So you're saying a $500 campaign donation got him the special prosecutor job? Seriously?

Did you read the article? Sheesh.

Now, let’s be clear: there’s nothing inherently unethical about this. Judges hear matters by attorneys who have donated to them all the time. Depending on the amount of the donation and the length of time between the donation and the proceeding, the judge may or may not choose to disclose the donation. Judges typically don’t recuse themselves due to such donations. My guess is that McCrum’s donation and Judge Richardson’s appointment each reflect an admiration that one holds for the other. I question the judgment of anyone who could admire a prosecutor who has brought such a patently abusive indictment. But I don’t mean to insinuate that this is any kind of conflict of interest or violation of ethics.

I find it interesting you also completely gloss over stuff like:

• McCrum is a party to a pending appeal regarding whether he might be held in contempt of court for allegedly “encouraging a witness to refrain from appearing in court and avoiding subpoena by the State” (according to the Bexar County District Attorney).

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The mugshot to launch a Presidential campaign?

I've always liked Perry.

BvcVzLcIYAAnJGp.jpg:large
    Yeah this mugshot is great. Rush even commented that he believes Perry purposely gave a GQ pose with a grin on his face so the liberal media could'nt use it against him every time they wanna run a hit piece.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Democrats Must Denounce Rick Perry Indictment

Lanny Davis -- who was President Clinton's legal lapdog -- dumps on the indictment:

Yet we see the shameful indictment of Texas Gov. Rick Perry by the Travis County (Austin) district attorney because Perry vetoed funding of the public corruption unit. He did so after the district attorney leading that unit had pleaded guilty to drunken driving.

Whether or not Perry was right or wrong in vetoing that funding, motivated by good reasons or bad reasons, is not relevant. The voters get to decide that issue. But it is a perversion of the criminal justice system, a classic case of prosecutorial abuse, to indict Perry as a way of deciding the wisdom of his veto. Voters should decide that, not a prosecutor.

It is even more outrageous to anyone who cares about due process and civil liberties to read the comments from local and state Democrats in the state Texas Democratic Party about the Perry indictment. Most of the comments I read used language of guilt or a presumption of wrongdoing because of the fact of the indictment.

... In fact, an indictment is evidence of nothing. It is literally just an accusation, not even close to proven facts. Yet I read some Texas Democrats calling for Perry to resign — resign!

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Did you read the article? Sheesh.

Now, let’s be clear: there’s nothing inherently unethical about this. Judges hear matters by attorneys who have donated to them all the time. Depending on the amount of the donation and the length of time between the donation and the proceeding, the judge may or may not choose to disclose the donation. Judges typically don’t recuse themselves due to such donations. My guess is that McCrum’s donation and Judge Richardson’s appointment each reflect an admiration that one holds for the other. I question the judgment of anyone who could admire a prosecutor who has brought such a patently abusive indictment. But I don’t mean to insinuate that this is any kind of conflict of interest or violation of ethics.

I find it interesting you also completely gloss over stuff like:

• McCrum is a party to a pending appeal regarding whether he might be held in contempt of court for allegedly “encouraging a witness to refrain from appearing in court and avoiding subpoena by the State” (according to the Bexar County District Attorney).

Didn't gloss over it at all.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Lehmberg herself already said this, but affidavit from PIU primary investigator, Chris Walling, for the CPRIT investigation says:

4. At no time in the CPRIT investigation was Governor Rick Perry or anyone from the Governor's office a target. At no time did I ever obtain evidence that suggested wrongdoing on behalf of Governor Rick Perry or the Governor's office. At no time did the evidence that I obtained as investigator ever suggest wrongdoing on the part of any appointed Board Member of CPRIT [Board Members are appointed by the Governor]. Any suggestion that Governor Rick Perry or anyone associated with him was being investigated is untrue; and, based on my investigation, there was absolutely no evidence whatsoever that suggests wrongdoing on the part of any individual other than the individual [Jerry Cobb, non-appointed chief commercialization officer] ultimately indicted by a grand jury.

5. Special Prosecutor Michael McCrum contacted me to interview me about the CPRIT investigation. During that interview, Mr. McCrum questioned me about Governor Rick Perry'sw potential involvement in the CPRIT situation. I made it clear to him that there was absolutely no evidence even suggesting wrongdoing on the part of Governor Perr and in no uncertain terms that, after a lengthy investigation, no evidence was found to suggest wrong doing on the part of the Governor, the Governor's office, nor any Board Member of CPRIT.

6. During this time period while I was employed by the Travid County D.A. I did not have any active investigations during or after the veto of PIU that targeted Governor Rick Perry or anyone from the Governor's office.
    Affadavit of Chris Walling | www.statesman.com

Although Travis County kicked in some money to the PIU after the veto of state funding, I read about 1/3 of the PIU staff was laid off. Apparently Chris Walling was one of them.

Top Bottom