• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Nope. He broke the letter of the law. What he did was an indictable offence. Whether he gets convicted or not is up in the air.

Did you even read the link that was posted ON WASHINGTON POST for cryin' out loud! Letter of the law my ass. Even liberal "experts" say the charge is bogus.

That will be for a court to decide, not a journalist. Or You for that matter

Nice thing about having your nose up in the air, it makes it nearly impossible to see anything else around you. Keep dancin'.

Snoopy-dancing-o.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nice thing about having your nose up in the air, it makes it nearly impossible to see anything else around you. Keep dancin'.

Snoopy-dancing-o.gif

A Republican, a Texan, and a Christian all rolled up into one indictment? That'd make any good, self respecting, LP hack break out into a Snoopy dance. :laugh:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I heard earlier that this DA's office also indicted Senator Kaye Bailey Hutchison and Senator Jim DeMint... All were disposed of...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He can't possibly be this obtuse, can he? I mean, I'm new here, but this whole line of reasoning takes having your head up your fifth point point of contact to new extremes.

It's hit or miss. Sometimes he's on the wrong side of his sphincter, sometimes not.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Dude, if Axelrod doesn't even want to touch this it probably ain't going anywhere. Especially not in Texas. That it even was indicted is only an indicator that the people in that county of loons are insanely desperate.

The prosecutor overseeing the grand jury is a republican darling with the endorsement of Cornyn and Hutchison. His base is San Antonio. The grand jury has been deliberating since April. The corruption unit is investing Perry and Abbott (the heir of the governorship) for illegally giving money to their business buddies. If you are truly interested in rooting out corruption in government I don't understand how you could wish this action didn't proceed. Perhaps this could result into the Texas legislature throwing some checks and balances on veto power. Defunding the body that is investigating you for crony capitalism is certainly sketchy.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... If you are truly interested in rooting out corruption in government I don't understand how you could wish this action didn't proceed. ...

Maybe because it is blatantly phony, and in fact is itself the very thing Rick Perry is falsely accused of?

Lehmberg is a convicted criminal. She has no business being any kind of prosecutor, never mind head of a Public Integrity Unit with statewide jurisdiction. She sloughed off whatever integrity she had when she refused to resign. Governor Perry was far from on the only one to call her on that, but he was the one who had legally had the power to try to effect her resignation, and he did so correctly.

And this should be kept in mind when evaluating any future claims coming out of the Public Integrity Unit. Between her refusal to resign and this stunt, she has basically flushed the unit's credibility down the toilet, along with Michael McCrum's (and the Grand Jury's) as well. (Apparently the US Senate knew something when it refused to move on his nomination as one of Obama's US Attornies. Dodged a bullet there.)

If you are truly interested in rooting out corruption in government I don't understand how you could wish this action would even be brought, never mind proceed.

The job for the legislature is to yank the state Public Integrity Unit out of Travis County and put at the state level.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe because it is blatantly phony, and in fact is itself the very thing Rick Perry is falsely accused of?

Lehmberg is a convicted criminal. She has no business being any kind of prosecutor, never mind head of a Public Integrity Unit with statewide jurisdiction. She sloughed off whatever integrity she had when she refused to resign. Governor Perry was far from on the only one to call her on that, but he was the one who had legally had the power to try to effect her resignation, and he did so correctly.

And this should be kept in mind when evaluating any future claims coming out of the Public Integrity Unit. Between her refusal to resign and this stunt, she has basically flushed the unit's credibility down the toilet, along with Michael McCrum's (and the Grand Jury's) as well. (Apparently the US Senate knew something when it refused to move on his nomination as one of Obama's US Attornies. Dodged a bullet there.)

If you are truly interested in rooting out corruption in government I don't understand how you could wish this action would even be brought, never mind proceed.

The job for the legislature is to yank the state Public Integrity Unit out of Travis County and put at the state level.

She has no credibility, she betrayed the public trust. She should not be in office.

However, in fairness, Lehmberg was not convicted of a felony, which means legally, she can stay in office if her constituents are stupid enough to keep her there.

But I agree with the point that bringing the charges are an abuse of power in itself. It is politically motivated.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    The prosecutor overseeing the grand jury is a republican darling with the endorsement of Cornyn and Hutchison. His base is San Antonio. The grand jury has been deliberating since April. The corruption unit is investing Perry and Abbott (the heir of the governorship) for illegally giving money to their business buddies. If you are truly interested in rooting out corruption in government I don't understand how you could wish this action didn't proceed. Perhaps this could result into the Texas legislature throwing some checks and balances on veto power. Defunding the body that is investigating you for crony capitalism is certainly sketchy.

Let me get this straight, is Perry being indicted for corruption of public funds or for denying funding for that DA's fat drunk arse??

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Let me get this straight, is Perry being indicted for corruption of public funds or for denying funding for that DA's fat drunk arse??

Makes one wonder by the things people post, doest it?

If this proceeds any further, then we might as well draw up indictments on every single politician who has ever threatened a veto within the statue of limitations. It will be a great way to clear out quite a few morons that somehow keep getting reelected.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    This may push me into supporting Perry. I am thinking you can't go wrong with the guy the libtards hate the most, if for no other reason than entertainment value from the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And "rending of garments"...Don't forget that...Whenever Butter's gets to jab at Evangelicals he likes to go all Old Testament and talking about Evangelical's rending of garments.....

There is nothing on Earth better than seeing a hippie rending their tye-dye's (after removing their Obama/Biden button ofcourse..)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Same group tried it on Hutchinson. It kinda stuck before it didn't. Did it to Delay, and it did stick, though he'll probably be cleared of it...of course after it cost him his political career. These people don't **** around. They mean to ruin people.

Top Bottom