• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Am I just stupid....why not since you know there is a drug user in the house making or growing drugs....why not just get the guy when he is away from the house, arrest him then go to the house and search......? You already have the warrant to enter the house, so why not surprise the guy away from the house and away from family members that may get shot. What am I missing....? Maybe its the fun factor of a good shoot out....? I see the FBI getting guys when they go to the store, they get swarmed so fast they don't know what happen....just don't get it.

I've said this many times!!!! Very bad to have a good LEO hurt!!!!

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    A throat hug is still a hug Sir

This is definitely worthy of someones Sig line!!!!!

OK, the root of the argument here seems to stem from one individual being correct about the nature of the drug trade at the cartel level and the fact that the average person is oblivious to what actually happens. I can also agree that I have encountered my share of lawmen who would s**t themselves twice as they wrote out their resignations before taking on criminals of this kind.

Phylodog and Frank are justifiably upset at the sweeping generalization and insult they have just received. Anyone knowing anything about their resumes (or those of several other INGO lawmen) would never think to accuse them of cowardice or obliviousness. I would also add that there are things which happen right here among us that would scare the living daylights out of most people who think they know their environment, and would further add that what I know about is minuscule and anecdotal contrasted with their daily routines of dealing with the lowest excuses for human beings on a daily basis.

So far as I am concerned, much as prohibition birthed large-scale organized crime in the United States, much of the more heinous crime underlying the drug trade would become obsolete if we were not fixated on preventing people from engaging in self-destructive activity for recreational purposes, much in the same way that people don't get shot up over whiskey or beer these days.

In the end, I would advise our newcomer to be more careful when tarring an entire demographic with a sweeping stroke of a broad brush. Yes, there are a lot of contemptible drug store cowboys in uniform our there, but there are plenty of first-rate officers here who could be put up against anyone in the world, and my cash bets would be on our team while doing so. I would also point out that it is not fair to hold these officers responsible for the misguided decisions of those who issue the orders they are obligated to follow asking why they do not find a different job (realistically, consigning their families to poverty while unemployed and not even able to draw unemployment, which does not have a 'conscientious objector' clause) rather than participating in drug raids or [whatever else] if the rest of us have not reached the point of being ready to act on, well, some of Jefferson's advice. It would be different offering such criticisms to those who belong to (so-called) law enforcement agencies which exist for the purpose of stepping on our rights (ATF, for example) and should not exist, but insulting Frank or Phylodog because of policies we (often properly) dislike or because there are such things as useless police is unfair, intellectually dishonest, and unnecessarily hostile at a personal level.

If I can see this distinction in spite of a lifetime of experience which has taught me to take the default position of distrusting police, I would think most anyone could do it.

Very well said!!!

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville

Yes, I get that you are a tough guy who thinks the guy who shot the cop was wrong. I would bet you would do the same if someone kicked you door in at night.

But, how would you act if every time you left your own home to fight the drug war you didn't know if you would have a family to come home to. That was and is the problem with the big guys. Judges had fear of going any in their cartel sentences or issued search warrants. We for the most part don't have that here thanks to a secure operating justice system. Come back to me when that changes. Let me know you are still kicking in doors. I am far from anti-cop...I am just anti-blue wall. Cops have no special rights over citizens.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Yes, I get that you are a tough guy who thinks the guy who shot the cop was wrong. I would bet you would do the same if someone kicked you door in at night.

But, how would you act if every time you left your own home to fight the drug war you didn't know if you would have a family to come home to. That was and is the problem with the big guys. Judges had fear of going any in their cartel sentences or issued search warrants. We for the most part don't have that here thanks to a secure operating justice system. Come back to me when that changes. Let me know you are still kicking in doors. I am far from anti-cop...I am just anti-blue wall. Cops have no special rights over citizens.

You either have an extremely vivid imagination, are completely irrational or simply lack the intellect to grasp the problems with the statements you make (or a combination of all three). I haven't made a single comment about the guy who shot the officer and I haven't claimed to be a tough guy in the many years I've been a member here. You seem to feel qualified to determine how others feel and to speak as a representative for tens of thousands of people you've never met about things that you've never done.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I didn't insult any ONE...I stand by most words that most American cops would walk away then to take on the real drug dealers. This thread is about a guy that killed a deputy that was on a no-knock for some pot plants. If he was a high level drug dealer more than one would have been killed. My opinion is that cops are doing more no-knocks now because they are too afraid to do it the way it was done for a century or more.

It is easy to be a badass vicariously through your husband, especially on the internet. Does he know about/approve of all the bull**** you are talking?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I don't mean to offend but you Officers are kinda pi$$ing into the wind with this discussion. This is very surprising as you usually have the good sense to recognize and disengage from such cop-baiting. But, do as you will, you have my respect. Frankly, I find the sammich situation much more compelling.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Let me get this out of the way 1st, I am anti-cop. Ask any of them here, they will tell you I have a severe distrust for law enforcement in general, but I also know that most cops are not bad.

A few cops like Frank and Phylo are cops that I would not worry about kicking down my door or or crowding the blue line. We still have our disagreements on things concerning law enforcement, but they definitely give me hope that more like them are out there.

You are right, they have no special rights over citizens but the do have some authority in their capacity as LEO but these guys try to go out of their way to get along with us mere lowly citizens :):

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't mean to offend but you Officers are kinda pi$$ing into the wind with this discussion. This is very surprising as you usually have the good sense to recognize and disengage from such cop-baiting. But, do as you will, you have my respect. Frankly, I find the sammich situation much more compelling.

I'm aware of the futility but my wife is out of town so I don't have anything better to do.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Without challenging anyone's badassness, I struggle to see the rationale in risking one's life for something so trivial.

Imagine, getting shot or losing a friend in the process of taking away someone's precious plant leaves. Was it worth the risk? How did that seem like a good idea?

Is it one of those "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moments?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Without challenging anyone's badassness, I struggle to see the rationale in risking one's life for something so trivial. Is it one of those "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moments?

I reckon that question could legitimately be asked to those on either side of the coin. I'm no fan of our current drug war, as soon as the majority feel the same and decide to make their voices heard I think it will change.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I reckon that question could legitimately be asked to those on either side of the coin. I'm no fan of our current drug war, as soon as the majority feel the same and decide to make their voices heard I think it will change.

It could change if the enforcers decided to stop doing it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Without challenging anyone's badassness, I struggle to see the rationale in risking one's life for something so trivial.

Imagine, getting shot or losing a friend in the process of taking away someone's precious plant leaves. Was it worth the risk? How did that seem like a good idea?

Is it one of those "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" moments?

Dude, we're way past that discussion.

Top Bottom