• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    That because you LIVE on this site. You are used to every conversation being aggressive and people attacking someone else for having a different opinion. It amazes me every time I log on, reading the ****y comments of grown men.

The other persons comments were combative as in trying to have a pissing match and trying to belittle the officers here because her husband is such a bad ass and watched people have lead poured down their throats.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    OK, the root of the argument here seems to stem from one individual being correct about the nature of the drug trade at the cartel level and the fact that the average person is oblivious to what actually happens. I can also agree that I have encountered my share of lawmen who would s**t themselves twice as they wrote out their resignations before taking on criminals of this kind.

Phylodog and Frank are justifiably upset at the sweeping generalization and insult they have just received. Anyone knowing anything about their resumes (or those of several other INGO lawmen) would never think to accuse them of cowardice or obliviousness. I would also add that there are things which happen right here among us that would scare the living daylights out of most people who think they know their environment, and would further add that what I know about is minuscule and anecdotal contrasted with their daily routines of dealing with the lowest excuses for human beings on a daily basis.

So far as I am concerned, much as prohibition birthed large-scale organized crime in the United States, much of the more heinous crime underlying the drug trade would become obsolete if we were not fixated on preventing people from engaging in self-destructive activity for recreational purposes, much in the same way that people don't get shot up over whiskey or beer these days.

In the end, I would advise our newcomer to be more careful when tarring an entire demographic with a sweeping stroke of a broad brush. Yes, there are a lot of contemptible drug store cowboys in uniform our there, but there are plenty of first-rate officers here who could be put up against anyone in the world, and my cash bets would be on our team while doing so. I would also point out that it is not fair to hold these officers responsible for the misguided decisions of those who issue the orders they are obligated to follow asking why they do not find a different job (realistically, consigning their families to poverty while unemployed and not even able to draw unemployment, which does not have a 'conscientious objector' clause) rather than participating in drug raids or [whatever else] if the rest of us have not reached the point of being ready to act on, well, some of Jefferson's advice. It would be different offering such criticisms to those who belong to (so-called) law enforcement agencies which exist for the purpose of stepping on our rights (ATF, for example) and should not exist, but insulting Frank or Phylodog because of policies we (often properly) dislike or because there are such things as useless police is unfair, intellectually dishonest, and unnecessarily hostile at a personal level.

If I can see this distinction in spite of a lifetime of experience which has taught me to take the default position of distrusting police, I would think most anyone could do it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have never experienced any type of violence in 20 years. The only drug war I know is watching a couple of stoners fight over the last bag of Cheetos.

I hope you had the presence of mind to clobber both their stupid asses and take the Cheetos yourself! :):

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Neil+Degrasse+Tyson+is+Awesome.jpg

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    What point are you trying to make exactly? Your husband is a badass? Ok, if he worked undercover in South America I'll give him credit for being a badass. You've gained some right to make comments about what "most" cops in this country know or are willing or not willing to do? Sorry. Your husband may be a badass but what he has or has not done does not entitle you to any of the credit or to claim knowledge superior to what some others have actually done. Frankly, I don't know what the hell drug cartels in South America have to do with this conversation, other than you wanting everyone to know that your husband is a badass.

It is not badass it is going where you are sent and doing what is asked of you. What is annoying is listening to cops in podunk USA think they are up against anything like it and pissed because one lucky son of a ***** takes a cop out on a no-knock. Cops here don't need war toys and they need to learn to respect the Bill of Right and act appropriately.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    OK, the root of the argument here seems to stem from one individual being correct about the nature of the drug trade at the cartel level and the fact that the average person is oblivious to what actually happens. I can also agree that I have encountered my share of lawmen who would s**t themselves twice as they wrote out their resignations before taking on criminals of this kind.

Phylodog and Frank are justifiably upset at the sweeping generalization and insult they have just received. Anyone knowing anything about their resumes (or those of several other INGO lawmen) would never think to accuse them of cowardice or obliviousness. I would also add that there are things which happen right here among us that would scare the living daylights out of most people who think they know their environment, and would further add that what I know about is minuscule and anecdotal contrasted with their daily routines of dealing with the lowest excuses for human beings on a daily basis.

So far as I am concerned, much as prohibition birthed large-scale organized crime in the United States, much of the more heinous crime underlying the drug trade would become obsolete if we were not fixated on preventing people from engaging in self-destructive activity for recreational purposes, much in the same way that people don't get shot up over whiskey or beer these days.

In the end, I would advise our newcomer to be more careful when tarring an entire demographic with a sweeping stroke of a broad brush. Yes, there are a lot of contemptible drug store cowboys in uniform our there, but there are plenty of first-rate officers here who could be put up against anyone in the world, and my cash bets would be on our team while doing so. I would also point out that it is not fair to hold these officers responsible for the misguided decisions of those who issue the orders they are obligated to follow asking why they do not find a different job (realistically, consigning their families to poverty while unemployed and not even able to draw unemployment, which does not have a 'conscientious objector' clause) rather than participating in drug raids or [whatever else] if the rest of us have not reached the point of being ready to act on, well, some of Jefferson's advice. It would be different offering such criticisms to those who belong to (so-called) law enforcement agencies which exist for the purpose of stepping on our rights (ATF, for example) and should not exist, but insulting Frank or Phylodog because of policies we (often properly) dislike or because there are such things as useless police is unfair, intellectually dishonest, and unnecessarily hostile at a personal level.

If I can see this distinction in spite of a lifetime of experience which has taught me to take the default position of distrusting police, I would think most anyone could do it.

I didn't insult any ONE...I stand by most words that most American cops would walk away then to take on the real drug dealers. This thread is about a guy that killed a deputy that was on a no-knock for some pot plants. If he was a high level drug dealer more than one would have been killed. My opinion is that cops are doing more no-knocks now because they are too afraid to do it the way it was done for a century or more.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What is annoying is listening to cops in podunk USA think they are up against anything like it and pissed because one lucky son of a ***** takes a cop out on a no-knock. Cops here don't need war toys and they need to learn to respect the Bill of Right and act appropriately.

Feel free to quote any posts made by the officers here claiming such. While you're at it, feel free to post examples where the officers here haven't respected the bill of rights or acted appropriately. My statement still stands and your generalizations are still bull****.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My opinion is that cops are doing more no-knocks now because they are too afraid to do it the way it was done for a century or more.

And again, you are full of ****. We do less no knocks than we did five years ago. You aren't in LE and you obviously know few who are. Of course, I actually do the job but what do I know?

Top Bottom