• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Funny how times are tuff but people still have money to throw away and waste if it's something they WANT to do. Guns, ammo, cigs, alcohol, no one NEEDS any of those to survive in this country.
    Hope you're not referring to me. I don't waste my money. I may have low income but I also have no debt.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    Funny how times are tuff but people still have money to throw away and waste if it's something they WANT to do. Guns, ammo, cigs, alcohol, no one NEEDS any of those to survive in this country.

I will agree on the cigarettes and alcohol but my gun IS needed and ammo for said gun would also be needed. If you don't need your guns I will be happy to take them for you.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010

No one NEEDS firearms and ammunition to survive in this country?

I beg your pardon? Is it your position that the police provide all the protection anyone requires?

Everyday, the newspapers and evening news is filled with people who need protection against crime, but don't have a firearm to utilize against it's encroachment upon their person, family, or their home.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    After reading this whole thread, I have these thoughts:

1) Good on the old guy for helping the less fortunate. I hope he stays safe.

2) I'm glad he's not my neighbor, since his good deeds would constitute a security risk for my family. His property rights or not, his actions would become my business.

3) A whole lotta self-righteousness in this thread. I hear arms breaking due to excessive self-back-patting.

:ingo:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

I beg your pardon? Is it your position that the police provide all the protection anyone requires?

Everyday, the newspapers and evening news is filled with people who need protection against crime, but don't have a firearm to utilize against it's encroachment upon their person, family, or their home.

If my family needs food, water or shelter I would sell every gun I had.

I also wouldnt have internet to complain about my situation.

erowe1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    His land, his business.

+1

If you don't want someone who owns land close to your house doing something with that land that you don't like, then buy all the land that's close to your house, then you can decide what happens on it. If you think that's too expensive then tough luck, you don't have a right to decide what happens on other peoples' property, whether that be strip mining, smoking cigarettes, or having homeless people over sleeping in tents.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    If my family needs food, water or shelter I would sell every gun I had.

I also wouldnt have internet to complain about my situation.

I can see the news reports now:

Family that was well nourished, drank clean water, and lived in a house that the roof didn't leak: Murdered by criminal elements after husband and father didn't provide for their protection.

Video at 11.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hope you're not referring to me. I don't waste my money. I may have low income but I also have no debt.

Well I have to admit it was my first thought as I was drawing from the hip, even rechecked it as I read down the thread to see if Crow was on the menue at my table. Since I didn't specify any one in particular I figured I was still safe.

You certainly don't fit the conclusion I was jumping to.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I will agree on the cigarettes and alcohol but my gun IS needed and ammo for said gun would also be needed. If you don't need your guns I will be happy to take them for you.

If any of my bills ever go unpaid or family members go hungry you'll get your chance long before I'm begging or filing bankruptcy.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Tell me all about it after you get burned by a few dead beats filing bankruptcy while they are bragging up their gun collection and throwing 50 bucks down range while they don't pay YOU.

No, if a person is begging out by the highway, collecting welfare, screwing over people they owe money, they need to pay their frigging bills. They don't need expensive toys they could sell.

Unless you are a cop, a bank guard or a bank robber you don't need a gun to feed your self and your family. Any one dodging the debt they volunteered for needs to settle up not throw money away playing with guns, smoking cigs, or boozing.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While I wouldnt be thrilled to see semi-permanent tents set up in my neighbors yard, I fail to see why so many of you see this as a sure security risk... From what I have seen in the last year, many people that are living in tents aren't the garden variety innercity homeless drunks... They are families who have come on hard times. There was a familiy living in a large wooded lot near our neighborhood for many months. They didnt hurt anyone, they just lost their house and chose to go on living as best they could.

I'd rather see them do this than go on the govt. dole indefinately

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    HaHa Jack dont you understand in Bloomington a gun is a necessity do to all the criminals and sex offenders the shalom center and their missguided band of granola bars are encouraging to move in. I say help those who help tbhemselves not those who help themselves to my hard earned property. of the 4 people claiming residence in the tents acording to the herald times 1. thief 2. liar 3. domestic violence victim 4. spouse of victim her abuser. (choked her unconcious in front of the post office)
    you can feed the bears for years saying " I only feed the cute innocent ones" eventually a big ugly one will bite your head off or worse yet you innocent nieghbors head off. The cute innocent bears grow up to be big ugly man eaters if you keep feeding them. Oh an by the way the last "homeless vietnam vet" that asked me for money was born about 1980 so remember most statistics of how many are vets are totally bogus.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    they now claim to be going to take control of a new park the city bought. The whole reason they are having trouble is the shalom center was housing these convicts and registered sex offenders in a church building that also houses a day care. These people have ruined the downtown of bloomington. everyday the arrest log lists persons who list shalom center as their address. This water hole is drawing in predators from very far afield. Make no mistake these are not locals who fell on hard times needing a hand up to get on their feet these are full time proffessional homeless. Many are mentally and almost all are convicts. The burden on local law enforcement trying to keep track of sex offenders and violent felons from other states is huge. shalom aids the offenders by giving them aid and shelter without any identification.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I still don't see the problem. Offering humanitarian aid should not stop just because someone has a messed up past. There is no hope of them acting like human beings if the rest of us won't treat them like human beings. Sure, some will probably take advantage and cause trouble. But it's worthwhile to help them anyway.

Jesus didn't turn away the mentally ill, the violently criminal, the sex offenders, or the "untouchables". He showed compassion and mercy to anyone who needed it. Christianity is the religion of second chances.

Of course, that's only meaningful to those of us who choose Jesus as our model.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I still don't see the problem. Offering humanitarian aid should not stop just because someone has a messed up past. There is no hope of them acting like human beings if the rest of us won't treat them like human beings. Sure, some will probably take advantage and cause trouble. But it's worthwhile to help them anyway.

Jesus didn't turn away the mentally ill, the violently criminal, the sex offenders, or the "untouchables". He showed compassion and mercy to anyone who needed it. Christianity is the religion of second chances.

They can move in with you and Jesus then. Post up an address and I bet Bloomington would ante up one way bus tickets to Oklahoma.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    They can move in with you and Jesus then. Post up an address and I bet Bloomington would ante up one way bus tickets to Oklahoma.
    So what you're saying is that you don't want Hoosiers to be nice to people. Charitable folks don't belong in Indiana.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So what you're saying is that you don't want Hoosiers to be nice to people. Charitable folks don't belong in Indiana.

No one needs you to reinterpret what I've said in to something you WISH I was saying Fletch. I'm speaking English here. Same as YOU.

Originally Posted by Fletch

I just read in the paper today they are looking for a new place to move these people this guy encouraged to congregate there. Next thing I read your post about what a good idea it is to "help 'em" out and your claim, "Of course, that's only meaningful to those of us who choose Jesus as our model."

Here's your chance, put your money where your mouth is, put up or..., you make the claim, follow your model.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom