• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    No one needs you to reinterpret what I've said in to something you WISH I was saying Fletch.

I don't follow... you don't want the doctor to allow them to live with him. Your posts indicate contempt for anyone like the doctor who would want to help them, not to mention your contempt for the people who are actually looking for help... I don't WISH you were saying anything, you're already saying it. I'm just stating it clearly.

I just read in the paper today they are looking for a new place to move these people this guy encouraged to congregate there.

Fine, which paper? Got some contact info? I'm not about to post my address on a public forum, especially a forum full of gun owners, but I'll gladly inquire with the folks who actually give a damn.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I don't follow... you don't want the doctor to allow them to live with him. Your posts indicate contempt for anyone like the doctor who would want to help them, not to mention your contempt for the people who are actually looking for help... I don't WISH you were saying anything, you're already saying it. I'm just stating it clearly.
    You worry about what you've got to say and don't need to worry about any clearity in what I say. If YOU understood so will every one else Fletch. Jesus may be your model but believe it or not you don't have any special connection in my mind allowing you to understand me and interpret for every one else.

It's all pretty much irrelevant now any way. They are planning to squat on city property and the mayor said that's illegal. It's great some one like you with Jesus as your model has stepped up to take them in.
    Fine, which paper? Got some contact info? I'm not about to post my address on a public forum, especially a forum full of gun owners, but I'll gladly inquire with the folks who actually give a damn.

Times Mail. Right here's every thing you need to know.

<LI class=poiPos>1. <LI class=poiTitle>Bloomington Mayors Office <LI class=poiPhone>(812) 349-3406 <LI class=poiAdd>401 N Morton St, Bloomington, IN
    I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from you.

Office of the Mayor

I'm sure you'll be answering a lot of people's prayers by taking these poor unfortunate people in who can't get help from most charities.

http://www.tmnews.com/stories/2010/05/02/news.768458.tms
    Homeless ‘tent city’ moving to switchyard [log in]

BLOOMINGTON — Hal Taylor’s backyard tents are moving. Taylor, the retired Episcopalian priest who for the past two weeks has been allowing 9 to 12 homeless people to sleep in tents pitched in his backyard, said the tents will be relocated to the old railroad switchyard off West Grimes Lane.

‘Unofficial’ deal?

Jim Hart, the retired Indiana University religion professor who’s been transporting the homeless contingent to and from Taylor’s property each evening and morning, said a man representing the homeless people in Taylor’s backyard recently met with the city’s administration and brokered an “unofficial” agreement.
    “The city told him they would not give its official permission for us to be on the switchyard site, mainly due to liability concerns, but that the police would leave us alone unless there were some complaints from neighbors or some kind of incident occurred there,” Hart said.
    Hart said the city will have “plausible deniability” if anything negative should occur there.Plausible deniability is the denial of blame in the chain of command, in which the upper rungs quarantine blame to the lower rungs and the lower rungs are inaccessible — meaning that confirming responsibility for the action is nearly impossible. If the action in question becomes public, high-ranking officials may deny any knowledge of it. Mayor Mark Kruzan said he knows nothing about Taylor’s plans to move his tents to the switchyard site.

Hart said it will be a low-barrier shelter, meaning people who are drunk or high on drugs will be admitted, but no drugs or alcohol will be allowed at the site.

Hart said there is a band of dedicated volunteers — former homeless people who now have jobs and homes of their own — who are determined to make the switchyard site a success. “But they have their own lives to live and bills to pay,” he said. “I worry whether they will be able to get enough volunteers to help them make it fly.” Hart said if the switchyard site fails, the Interfaith Winter Shelter — which operates in three local churches and the city’s Allison-Jukebox Community Center — will shelter the group of homeless individuals again this winter. “That’s a good thing on one hand, but I feel a permanent shelter, preferably operated by the churches, would be better,” he said.

Here ya go if you want to skip the mayor. I wouldn't want the lack of information to hold up some one who wants to help and is so concerned about this situation. The world needs people who don't just blow off and instead actually walk the talk of "Jesus as their model".
    Schedule Interfaith Emergency Winter Shelter

Allison-Jukebox Community Center, Bloomington, Indiana (IN) - Party Location, Banquet Hall

So many people like to just flap their jaws it's good to meet some one ready to live up to what they talk.

Allison-Jukebox Community Center, Bloomington, Indiana (IN) - Party Location, Banquet Hall

Last edited:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, aside from any WWJD argument, how about the fact this guy has broken no laws, is making his own decision to allow them to stay, and until this point the people he is helping have not harmed any neighbors or their property... Until these people do something that would make him responsible, I'd tell those who are uncomfortable with this to pound sand. This is a free country (debateable, I suppose), and it's his property, he can do as he wishes...

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So, aside from any WWJD argument, how about the fact this guy has broken no laws, is making his own decision to allow them to stay, and until this point the people he is helping have not harmed any neighbors or their property... Until these people do something that would make him responsible, I'd tell those who are uncomfortable with this to pound sand. This is a free country (debateable, I suppose), and it's his property, he can do as he wishes...

Right on, dude. It doesn't take a religious argument to defend Dr. Taylor's actions. All it takes is respect for his property rights.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Hey Fletch I just came from the post office and one of gods children was beating his female freinds head on the sidewalk. I am sure he was just helping her get religion shake the devil out or some other cause but anyhoo there is an opening in uncle Hals traveling circus tonight as brother misunderstood will be sleeping in the jail tonight :) oh check that 2 openings if his lady friend dies or vacations in the hospital. The people here are not poor down on their luck innocents. There are lots of social service agencies to care for the unlucky these people are criminals and come here to our fair city to suckle at the teet of the foolish libs and to prey on the rest of us. Thump your bible but the good lord gave me a rod and a staff both are High capacity.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey Fletch I just came from the post office and one of gods children was beating his female freinds head on the sidewalk. I am sure he was just helping her get religion shake the devil out or some other cause but anyhoo there is an opening in uncle Hals traveling circus tonight as brother misunderstood will be sleeping in the jail tonight :) oh check that 2 openings if his lady friend dies or vacations in the hospital. The people here are not poor down on their luck innocents. There are lots of social service agencies to care for the unlucky these people are criminals and come here to our fair city to suckle at the teet of the foolish libs and to prey on the rest of us. Thump your bible but the good lord gave me a rod and a staff both are High capacity.
    So this one guy did wrong and should be punished, what does this have to do with the fact a private citizen is allowing people to camp on his property? Thats the kind of broad brush strokes that say that anybody owning a firearm is a nutjob intent on shooting up a college campus or office building... :cool:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    If you think this is about bible-thumping, I clearly need to work on my communication skills. Apologies for offending you.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    You didnt offend me Fletch we are all adults offering our opinions. I value all opinions even if only mine are allways right :) haha no its all in good fun I just get worked up because the town I grew up in, returned to and decided to raise a family in, is under seige from these wackos. Bloomington was allways a left leaning typical quirky college town but in recent years things are getting very different we see more crime and more questionable activitys and persons tainting our way of life.
    and to Ogre This one guy was one of 4 that were held up as model citzens who live at Hal's camp. The 4 have all been identified as criminals even after they lied to the paper about their status. If those are the 4 that Hal uses as poster kids god knows who he is hiding in his tents. Hal's "new leaf new life" spouts that criminals are criminals do solely to society oppressing them they are the victims no matter who they victimize. And dont be mistaken I am all for forgivness for past acts and for second chances but there is a huge difference between former criminal and these current criminals. Hal and others who draw the preditors to this area will be contributing to the victimization of scores to come.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    The funny part is that switchyard is slated to become a park along the B-Line trail. I can't wait to hear what the yuppie soccer moms have to say about jogging with their double strollers amongst the Coleman tents.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The funny part is that switchyard is slated to become a park along the B-Line trail. I can't wait to hear what the yuppie soccer moms have to say about jogging with their double strollers amongst the Coleman tents.
    I love it when busybody soccer moms get their panties in a wad about something that is none of their business:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I love it when busybody soccer moms get their panties in a wad about something that is none of their business:D
    Careful with that brush... SOME minivan driving, suburbanite living, soccer moms driving truckloads of kids to this game or that function are actually the ones shaping the next generation's ideals when it comes to guns/gun rights by informing them, teaching them safety, taking them to the range, and buying them their own gun.
    :popcorn:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Careful with that brush... SOME minivan driving, suburbanite living, soccer moms driving truckloads of kids to this game or that function are actually the ones shaping the next generation's ideals when it comes to guns/gun rights by informing them, teaching them safety, taking them to the range, and buying them their own gun.

Oh, SNAP!

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Tell me all about it after you get burned by a few dead beats filing bankruptcy while they are bragging up their gun collection and throwing 50 bucks down range while they don't pay YOU.

No, if a person is begging out by the highway, collecting welfare, screwing over people they owe money, they need to pay their frigging bills. They don't need expensive toys they could sell.

Unless you are a cop, a bank guard or a bank robber you don't need a gun to feed your self and your family. Any one dodging the debt they volunteered for needs to settle up not throw money away playing with guns, smoking cigs, or boozing.

I'm not speaking of an expensive toy.

Go to NYC, LA, and Chicago. Ask the people there about police response and their inability to protect themselves.

My argument was referring to protecting ones self, so that one can support his family. I'm speaking of having the means to protecting one's family.

If you believe that only a cop, or a guard, or a criminal are the only ones that may require a firearm for protection.........You are as bad as Bloomberg, Clinton, Pelosi, and the rest of that ilk.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I honestly believe some one some where would get their panties in a wad if they bussed them to death valley and set up tents there for them.

Kbowers9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Salem
    I live in Bloomington and feel that this is a really dumb idea on the old man's part. Yes, the homeless shelter was closed down, but think about the other two homeowners in other states who tried to do the same thing to help out. They were found murdered inside their homes. Put the tents away and respect your neighbors.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    :):... It still doesn't change my mind. I like seeing BUSYBODY, NOSY, soccermoms getting riled up ... My business is not theirs..:cool:.

Sorry if you took offense, but it was directed to the BUSYBODY, NOSY, soccermoms. Hope thats not you, if it is,.... don't admit to it:laugh:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    WOW...

I just read all 16 pages of this thread...
    1st I want my time back...
    2nd I am awfully happy some of you are not my Nieghbors...
    3rd If it is his property oh well...
    4th I do not have the compassion to do this myself. However I will let someone work for their room & board. I have done this in the past quite often, as did my Parents and Grandparents...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

How would this be "none of their business"? A public park they pay for with their tax money in a community they support financially is taken over by low life dead beat bums, drug addicts, drunks and convicts and some how it's "none of their business"?

The mayor seems to have decided it is their business as the big move has been quashed.

Top Bottom