• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have to admit that given the choice between Trump and Cruz, it's almost a tossup. And not because of the quality of the candidates. They just both suck really bad. The only thing that makes me weigh towards Cruz is that I believe he would nominate the most pro-2a SCOTUS justice. I don't really care about anything else. All his other baggage is at least equaled by Trump's baggage. They just both suck that much.

So, if I were polled and somehow I thought Trump might actually nominate a 2A supporter instead of his sister, I might say I support Trump over Cruz. But there is a lot to the definition of "support" that is unsaid by those polls.

So, to paraphrase

The polls say Trump can't win
    The polls say ... what's that? Really?
    The polls are inaccurate

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Who said Cruz would clobber Hilary?
    If the media wanted the easiest target for Hilary in the general, it'd be Trump.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman,” he told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren in March of 2012. “I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard.”

“I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her,” he added of the then-secretary of state.

So you think the media is pushing a republican candidate by attacking them around the clock, to "help" them win the nomination so that hillary (who would not generate the level of news stories and job security for media personal that Trump will) will win?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Minority? Citation needed. Sounds like you're trying to make your group sound much bigger than it is.

Also, excellent use of the word "sad". I'll assume you were purposefully trying to sound like Trump as a bit of humor.

Have you paid attention to the number of votes cast for Trump compared to Cruz? It's not exactly neck and neck...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's the thing. I know Trump is most likely going to be the nominee even if it comes to a 2nd vote. So I understand that I'll have to vote for Trump in the general election. It's difficult imagining myself voting for Trump, even a bit more than it is to imagine myself voting for Cruz in the primary. Trump is a lying, bloviating, pompous ass, and Cruz is a lying, smarmy sleazbag.

So Every time I start thinking about having to vote for Trump, and trying to find some potential positives to make the prospect a little more palatable, you guys go and ruin it. For example:

Me: "We can't take you seriously." [You can't admit the truth when what you believe is demonstrably false. You rationalize and deny.]

Trumpers: " So what, we outnumber you!"

Really? WTF?

It's like a cult following. Seriously.

Trump: "We don't win anymore. If I'm elected, you'll get sick of winning so much."

Trumpers (in a drone like unison voice) : "We don't win anymore. If Trump is elected we'll get sick of winning so much."

I've said before how much I value skepticism in politics. It certainly does not make it easier for me to vote for a candidate that mobs of fiercely loyal followers refuse to question. The kind of power you give a politician by being fiercely loyal scares the **** out of me. And the blind trust you give him really just creeps me out.

I will be voting not-democrat. But Trumpers make it harder for me to pull the Trump lever. It would help if you'd give at least some indication that you're willing to hold Trump objectively accountable for his actions.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Here's the thing. I know Trump is most likely going to be the nominee even if it comes to a 2nd vote. So I understand that I'll have to vote for Trump in the general election. It's difficult imagining myself voting for Trump, even a bit more than it is to imagine myself voting for Cruz in the primary. Trump is a lying, bloviating, pompous ass, and Cruz is a lying, smarmy sleazbag.

So Every time I start thinking about having to vote for Trump, and trying to find some potential positives to make the prospect a little more palatable, you guys go and ruin it. For example:

Me: "We can't take you seriously." [You can't admit the truth when what you believe is demonstrably false. You rationalize and deny.]

Trumpers: " So what, we outnumber you!"

Really? WTF?

It's like a cult following. Seriously.

Trump: "We don't win anymore. If I'm elected, you'll get sick of winning so much."

Trumpers (in a drone like unison voice) : "We don't win anymore. If Trump is elected we'll get sick of winning so much."

I've said before how much I value skepticism in politics. It certainly does not make it easier for me to vote for a candidate that mobs of fiercely loyal followers refuse to question. The kind of power you give a politician by being fiercely loyal scares the **** out of me. And the blind trust you give him really just creeps me out.

I will be voting not-democrat. But Trumpers make it harder for me to pull the Trump lever. It would help if you'd give at least some indication that you're willing to hold Trump objectively accountable for his actions.

Trump is far from perfect, but he is real. Americans are sick of fake politicians, like Cruz, who I was a fan of, and listened to for years, but during this election he has shown his true colors, throwing in with the Bush's, and totally changing his persona, he went from a fiery constitutionalist to a fake evangelical preacher, and this wasn't a gradual transformation, it happened right from the start during is announcement speech.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    but he is real. Americans are sick of fake politicians...

Who are you talking about.

This is frustrating because you guys keep saying these things as though you've heard nothing about Trump for the past months. Have you ignored every criticism and evidence pointing to the contrary?

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

This is frustrating because you guys keep saying these things as though you've heard nothing about Trump for the past months. Have you ignored every criticism and evidence pointing to the contrary?

Well then, why don't you give us some examples of candidates that are "Perfect" ?! :popcorn:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well then, why don't you give us some examples of candidates that are "Perfect" ?! :popcorn:

I'd rather my questions get answered by the Trump supporters. This isn't about me.

This is looking like Obama 2.0 every day, and they don't want to acknowledge it in the slightest. They seem to be happy with being conned.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill

Trump is the same as I remember him in the early eighties, a brash, cocky, New Yorker. He speaks off the cuff, teleprompter free; sure he can come off sounding less intellectual, and he may have to retract, or restate a few things, but after 8 years of a teleprompter robot, it is refreshing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trump is the same as I remember him in the early eighties, a brash, cocky, New Yorker. He speaks off the cuff, teleprompter free; sure he can come off sounding less intellectual, and he may have to retract, or restate a few things, but after 8 years of a teleprompter robot, it is refreshing.

I didn't comment on his intellectualism (or lack of). I'm speaking of his values, and his policies. I won't rehash the 500-600+ pages of posts we've had in the other threads... but there are a lot of pretty irrefutable instances where he took very liberal stances... or dangerous, or just outright impossible and outlandish. This isn't "may have to retract or restate" territory. This is countless times where he STRONGLY took a belief, then did a 180.

And the part where they admit they're playing a part. Didn't his book even say 'you have to tell them what they want to hear'? How can things like this be given a pass so easily?

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I'd rather my questions get answered by the Trump supporters. This isn't about me.

This is looking like Obama 2.0 every day, and they don't want to acknowledge it in the slightest. They seem to be happy with being conned.

Name one supporter of any candidate that the opposition wouldn't make the same claims you are. Evidently you are either a Cruz or Hillary supporter. That's OK, I used to drink Koolade until they ruined it by making it sugar-free.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

Pretty much the way I see it....Obama voters with an R. Cult of personality, no policy more than a catch phrase deep. Sure the Donald will look and sound just like he did in the 80's, a reality TV president at best.

You think the world is laughing now...just wait.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Name one supporter of any candidate that the opposition wouldn't make the same claims you are. Evidently you are either a Cruz or Hillary supporter. That's OK, I used to drink Koolade until they ruined it by making it sugar-free.

Those blinders seem to be working really good for you.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

1. I've been through this deflection dance before. It has an easy fix, and I'm not doing it again.
    2. I don't have a guy in the race. I'm commenting as an outsider looking in. I've no allegiance to any candidate at this point. "Kool-aid" is non-applicable here.

Do you acknowledge that Trump is playing a part?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, to paraphrase

The polls say ... what's that? Really?
    The polls are inaccurate

No. That's not really a paraphrase at all. Take the Trumper tinted lenses off, reread, and get back to me.

Trump is far from perfect, but he is real. Americans are sick of fake politicians, like Cruz, who I was a fan of, and listened to for years, but during this election he has shown his true colors, throwing in with the Bush's, and totally changing his persona, he went from a fiery constitutionalist to a fake evangelical preacher, and this wasn't a gradual transformation, it happened right from the start during is announcement speech.

He is real on which planet? What real person do you know that is like Trump? Hmm? Name one. You guys take him at his word. I just flat out don't believe him.

What? There aren't any. No one is saying they don't like Trump because he's not perfect.

When this election season started, my candidate was Rand Paul. Is he perfect? Not even close. I complained about his disappointing performances in the debates. I've complained about the policies he favors that I think are wrong. I've complained about the stupid stuff he's said.

It's okay to say what sucks about your candidate. I worry about people who can't do that. You don't have to be so fiercely loyal that you act as if he's infallible. When Trump says stupid ****, c'mon, man, it's okay to say, "Damn, that was really stupid." It's okay to say, "I think Trump's position on that is wrong."

Instead, what the Trumpers do, is either begin agreeing with him on things they wouldn't otherwise have agreed with, or ignore the evidence that he was wrong on a given thing, or deny the importance of it, or deny that it even happened. C'mon. You can still support him on the areas where you objectively agree.

At the end of the day, the candidate you support should be the result of an objective comparison of what all the candidates support for all the issues important to you. It's okay to acknowledge when a candidate you don't like has a better policy. It's okay to acknowledge when your candidate is in the wrong. It's okay to believe our favorite sports team is infallible. But we're not in high school, and this isn't a gymnasium, and the people we're shouting down aren't the fans of the visiting team on the other side of the gym. Choosing a candidate should be a more objective task than choosing which sports team to support.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    1. I've been through this deflection dance before. It has an easy fix, and I'm not doing it again.
    2. I don't have a guy in the race. I'm commenting as an outsider looking in. I've no allegiance to any candidate at this point. "Kool-aid" is non-applicable here.

Do you acknowledge that Trump is playing a part?

I think every candidate is doing little more than playing a part. You are not saying anything about Trump that couldn't be said about the others so I fail to understand your agenda. There is seldom anything good that comes out of discussions about politics, religion, or caliber choice.

Top Bottom