• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Slander isn't free speech. If there was no truth to The National Enquirer story, and it was a pure fabricated lie I would fully expect, and applaud Cruz for suing them.

As it stands, I'm on the side of the story being suppressed, because the media just hates Trump that much; I'm positive, that if Cruz somehow secured the nomination the story would be brought back out, and made frontpage news on every paper in the nation.
    You think the media hates Trump? They love Trump. He says stupid :poop: and they get to run it and get ratings. If they hated him they would just never talk about him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    because the media just hates Trump that much...

You guys keep saying that, and I don't know where it's coming from. The media only benefits from him, and he is massively benefiting from them. Have you seen how much free air time he received? And have you seen the media execs saying he's great for ratings?

These were very visible things... and you can't deny them. Can we stop with this nonsense that the media hates him? It couldn't be more false.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    You guys keep saying that, and I don't know where it's coming from. The media only benefits from him, and he is massively benefiting from them. Have you seen how much free air time he received? And have you seen the media execs saying he's great for ratings?

These were very visible things... and you can't deny them. Can we stop with this nonsense that the media hates him? It couldn't be more false.

I don't consume mainstream media, but I know the media is part of the system, and the system hates Trump.

The last Fox Republican debate was a total ambush, anti-Trump fest, for a company that loves him, they sure stuck it to him.

Also, I can't think of anyone in the mainstream media that is giving Trump a fair shake, except for maybe Sean Hannity, and Matt Drudge, if you even consider Drudge mainstream.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't consume mainstream media, but I know the media is part of the system, and the system hates Trump.

The last Fox Republican debate was a total ambush, anti-Trump fest, for a company that loves him, they sure stuck it to him.

Also, I can't think of anyone in the mainstream media that is giving Trump a fair shake, except for maybe Sean Hannity, and Matt Drudge, if you even consider Drudge mainstream.

Eric Bolling on the Five along with kimberly guilfoyle are quite the cheeleaders... jesse waters...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

The media likes ratings, to that end they've given trump more help in free publicity than any other candidate. If they were really out to get him there'd a gag order, he's not being as scrutinized as he needs to be by the media.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Slander isn't free speech. If there was no truth to The National Enquirer story, and it was a pure fabricated lie I would fully expect, and applaud Cruz for suing them.

As it stands, I'm on the side of the story being suppressed, because the media just hates Trump that much; I'm positive, that if Cruz somehow secured the nomination the story would be brought back out, and made frontpage news on every paper in the nation.

I didn't say it was. I simply pointed out that one of the candidates has admitted to using a slander lawsuit to harass a person. And stated he knew he would have no chance to win. When in the case in question it would have been easy to prove it.

Compared to a candidate who quite possibly has a legitimate suit, but hasn't bothered to pursue it.

The media hates him so much? What about the enquirer, wouldn't they continue to bring it up if there was any facts about it? Or Breitbart? Or Drudge?

As obtuse as believing that it's perfectly normal to get matching tattoos with a woman who is not your wife?
    Then again, spending the first 7 years of your marriage apart for the sake of political gain doesn't exactly scream "family values."

Ted Cruz and his wife lived apart for the first 7 years of their marriage

Fake tattoos for an April fools joke? I wouldn't describe it as abnormal. And spending time apart for career/job reasons isn't that uncommon. When your talking upper level political/civil service careers, I'd argue the opposite.

Well now I'm sure​ we're being trolled.

Quite possible. Or perhaps he drank a bit too much of the cool aid. :40oz::alcoholic:.

You don't consume "mainstream media". But you know that they hate him? How does that work?

How was it a total ambush? And they stuck it to him by giving him to most speaking time? Well possibly on that part, but not how you meant. :):

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I really don't think the media even cares about ratings, they care about pushing agendas.

Heck, MSNBC, and CNN seem to do just fine, with no ratings.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I really don't think the media even cares about ratings, they care about pushing agendas.

Heck, MSNBC, and CNN seem to do just fine, with no ratings.

I don't understand how making trump more famous advances their agenda? Unless that agenda is for republicans to nominate someone Hilary can clobber on the general, in which case you may be right.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I didn't say it was. I simply pointed out that one of the candidates has admitted to using a slander lawsuit to harass a person. And stated he knew he would have no chance to win. When in the case in question it would have been easy to prove it.

Compared to a candidate who quite possibly has a legitimate suit, but hasn't bothered to pursue it.

A few things I forgot to add. Just because an article is not correct, does not mean it is slander. Read NY v Sullivan. Cruz would not only have to prove that it is untrue, he would also have to show that it was done with "actual malice".

And here are a few threatened lawsuits recently. Tell me if you think they rise to the level of liable or slander?
    Trump Issues Cease and Desist Letter to Cruz Over South Carolina Ad UPDATE: Cruz Responds
    Club for Growth answers Donald Trump?s cease-and-desist letter with two-word tweet: ?Stop Whining? [updated with video] ? twitchy.com
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ld-trump-threatened-lawsuit-article-1.2604703

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The reason why Trump is winning primaries is simple: he's doing a better job of marketing to the people who are actually voting.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The death throes of the Republican Party, all in one thread.

Kut (thinks you guys need to get your act together)

Or the birthing pains of a new Republican Party???????? Remember it was just a few short years ago that the Democrats ditched the Blue Dogs and went full blown NYC/Chicago/L.A./San Francisco....They took a beating in the House and Senate after that....Mrjarrel and others have been touting the death of the GOP for quite some time there...And yet here we still are...Getting ready to put a reality star in the Whitehouse....The Democrats put in a charismatic part time college professor/junior Senator in for 8 years and got much accomplished...

Imagine what will happen when someone who, like him or not, has accomplished quite a bit and who isn't beholden to no one but himself...A list of celebrities are already packing their bags to move to Canada...I have studied politics for quite some time and Trump is the biggest middle finger we as a nation have ever put forth...I for one am excited about watching the world cringe at our choice...The more folks hate on him the more I like him for President...:)

I for one can't wait until Trump gets in...He can't be any worse that what we have had and he promises to be a hoot...I like folks who are a hoot.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Some of you guys are straining gnats while swallowing camels.

You do understand that the Enquirer is owned by a good friend of Trump's. The story fizzled. And Trump let it go. Why did he let it go if he really thought it might be true?

Now, if by some strange happenstance Cruz ended up as the nominee, I would not doubt that the press would try to piece something together to go after Cruz. But c'mon, man, if you want me to believe that story you need to give me something more than the story falling fizzling as evidence that it's true.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I have to admit that given the choice between Trump and Cruz, it's almost a tossup. And not because of the quality of the candidates. They just both suck really bad. The only thing that makes me weigh towards Cruz is that I believe he would nominate the most pro-2a SCOTUS justice. I don't really care about anything else. All his other baggage is at least equaled by Trump's baggage. They just both suck that much.

So, if I were polled and somehow I thought Trump might actually nominate a 2A supporter instead of his sister, I might say I support Trump over Cruz. But there is a lot to the definition of "support" that is unsaid by those polls.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Some of you guys are straining gnats while swallowing camels.

You do understand that the Enquirer is owned by a good friend of Trump's. The story fizzled. And Trump let it go. Why did he let it go if he really thought it might be true?

Now, if by some strange happenstance Cruz ended up as the nominee, I would not doubt that the press would try to piece something together to go after Cruz. But c'mon, man, if you want me to believe that story you need to give me something more than the story falling fizzling as evidence that it's true.

That story wasn't dropped by Trump's people, so why would he keep it going? Right from Roger Stone's mouth, Trump doesn't want to run that kind of campaign, even though he knew of the story.

That story was shopped around by Rubio people, and the Enquirer was the only one who picked it up.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't understand how making trump more famous advances their agenda? Unless that agenda is for republicans to nominate someone Hilary can clobber on the general, in which case you may be right.

If Trump can crush Cruz like a small insect, how exactly do you think Cruz would clobber Hillary?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Who said Cruz would clobber Hilary?
    If the media wanted the easiest target for Hilary in the general, it'd be Trump.

“Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman,” he told Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren in March of 2012. “I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard.”

“I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her,” he added of the then-secretary of state.

Top Bottom