• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    I think Trump is getting the votes because America is tired of the rhetoric that the professional politicians are dishing out. If you want an eye-opener, audit any Senator's income from when they were poor candidates with a vision to help America and see how much it increases in a few very short years. If you honestly think that any of these candidate won't sell you out then you ARE delusional.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think Trump is getting the votes because America is tired of..........................

I have to ask. Do you think that? You, RMC. Do you think that's what's happening? I've seen your post from 50 different people for months now, worded nearly identical.

I still have no idea where it came from... and how every single post like it is so similar.

Who said this is why Trump is where he is? Do you all listen to the same radio station, or follow the same pundit on Twitter, or watch the same show? It can't be a coincidence.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I agree with one sentiment expressed here: at the very least, I'm happy that Indiana is actually getting to play a meaningful role in the presidential primary, for once.

Oh, and I agree with GP: why are there so many threads?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to ask. Do you think that? You, RMC. Do you think that's what's happening? I've seen your post from 50 different people for months now, worded nearly identical.

I still have no idea where it came from... and how every single post like it is so similar.

Who said this is why Trump is where he is? Do you all listen to the same radio station, or follow the same pundit on Twitter, or watch the same show? It can't be a coincidence.

It is more than coincidence that all the Trumpers use the same language. I've noticed the word "collusion" is becoming popular in Trumper rhetoric. I can't help but think if Trump had used a synonym, then that word would be the new buzzword. It's almost like some kind of mass hypnosis. I've never seen anything like it.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

Yes, I do believe that. It is exactly what got Obama elected 8 years ago or have you forgotten his chant of "No more politics as usual"? How did that turn out? Bill Clinton got elected because he appeared to be a home town boy and Trump is getting people excited by saying many of the things people are feeling. I don't follow any of the pundits and I'm not a FOX News watcher either so there goes your conspiracy theory. Don't fault me if you can't see or comprehend some basic human behaviors.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I do believe that. It is exactly what got Obama elected 8 years ago or have you forgotten his chant of "No more politics as usual"? How did that turn out? Bill Clinton got elected because he appeared to be a home town boy and Trump is getting people excited by saying many of the things people are feeling. I don't follow any of the pundits and I'm not a FOX News watcher either so there goes your conspiracy theory. Don't fault me if you can't see or comprehend some basic human behaviors.

That's fine, and I'm not trying to harass you specifically... but this is a question I've had for a long time now, and I was actually curious as to where the line of thinking is coming from. You can go back into any GOP/Trump thread this year and last year... and it's nearly word-for-word. I just really, really want to find out where it originated. All the terms, the syntax, the phrasing... it's all way too similar to be a coincidence. Someone influential had to start it, and it expanded from there.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

There are many ways to say what you said, but you used almost the exact phrasing that Trumpers use. It's not saying there's a conspiracy. But there seems to be a common source for the specific wording. It's more like you hear a statement that really resonates with you and whether you realize it or not, that phrasing sticks with you, you identify with it, and you repeat it. It is a very common pattern. I do agree that it is basic human behaviors at work here.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    That's fine, and I'm not trying to harass you specifically... but this is a question I've had for a long time now, and I was actually curious as to where the line of thinking is coming from. You can go back into any GOP/Trump thread this year and last year... and it's nearly word-for-word. I just really, really want to find out where it originated. All the terms, the syntax, the phrasing... it's all way too similar to be a coincidence. Someone influential had to start it, and it expanded from there.

No problems here. Personally, I don't like Trump and he would not be my choice for POTUS but at the same time I don't fear him becoming the next POTUS because the House and Senate will still be able to neutralize any stupidity he could conjure up. I'm not sure what you are calling coincidence because I only recently started posting here again and usually don't even look in the political section. I will say that when an incumbent was ripe for voting out of Office and it didn't happen it was because of the very thing the Republicans are doing now......showing no unity or strength and willing to use henhouse ways to achieve what appears to be a self-serving goal. The Dems did the exact same thing when Bush was running for his 2nd term. Face it, people tend to vote against a candidate rather than vote for one. When no candidates are worthy the voter turnout is always less and whoever is ahead in the 7th inning wins.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    There are many ways to say what you said, but you used almost the exact phrasing that Trumpers use. It's not saying there's a conspiracy. But there seems to be a common source for the specific wording. It's more like you hear a statement that really resonates with you and whether you realize it or not, that phrasing sticks with you, you identify with it, and you repeat it. It is a very common pattern. I do agree that it is basic human behaviors at work here.

Sorry Darth but the force is not working for you today.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No problems here. Personally, I don't like Trump and he would not be my choice for POTUS but at the same time I don't fear him becoming the next POTUS because the House and Senate will still be able to neutralize any stupidity he could conjure up. I'm not sure what you are calling coincidence because I only recently started posting here again and usually don't even look in the political section. I will say that when an incumbent was ripe for voting out of Office and it didn't happen it was because of the very thing the Republicans are doing now......showing no unity or strength and willing to use henhouse ways to achieve what appears to be a self-serving goal. The Dems did the exact same thing when Bush was running for his 2nd term. Face it, people tend to vote against a candidate rather than vote for one. When no candidates are worthy the voter turnout is always less and whoever is ahead in the 7th inning wins.

I wouldn't count on that. If Trump wins he will have no coat tails. It's likely the Senate will go to the Democrats with Chuck-the-gun-banning-schmuck Shumer as the majority leader. I'm not convinced that Trump is as solid on 2A issues as he pretends--he is "playing a part" after all. And he will get to nominate a SCOTUS justice. I'm also not convinced that he'll nominate a pro 2A justice. So under a Trump presidency, two-and-a-half branches of 2A unfriendly government doesn't bode well for gun owners.

That said, I've been saying all along that I would vote for Trump over a democrat. At least there is an element of unknown there. I KNOW what the democrats will do.

Sorry Darth but the force is not working for you today.

I understand. Everyone underestimates the power of the dark side of the force. Happens all the time.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    633701136919450060-DarkHelmet.jpg

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    It's been over a month, has Ted Cruz filed a libel case against The National Enquirer, over the sex scandal article yet?

I did a quick search, and it seems this story has just fallen off the face of the earth. Stories like this are why I can't support hypocrite, fake evangelical Cruz; this goes right to the heart of his character.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It's been over a month, has Ted Cruz filed a libel case against The National Enquirer, over the sex scandal article yet?

I did a quick search, and it seems this story has just fallen off the face of the earth. Stories like this are why I can't support hypocrite, fake evangelical Cruz; this goes right to the heart of his character.

Apparently there is video that is being sat on by whoever is holding it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Why not assume the other direction? That it disappeared because it fell apart?

And why hasn't the "Trump is playing a part" story resonated more with Trump supporters? Doesn't it verify that they are, indeed, being played?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I did a quick search, and it seems this story has just fallen off the face of the earth. Stories like this are why I can't support hypocrite, fake evangelical Cruz; this goes right to the heart of his character.

That conclusion from those facts is so obtuse that it can only be the result of a preexisting bias.

A story that was unsupported by fact goes to the heart of his character. Yet Trump who openly trades up to a newer model of wife every few years. Hey, it's out in the open, so no character issues. Having no shame about your character flaws is not really the same thing as having good character.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What's he supposed to say? If it was a donation why would Ted be passing back to the man in question? Being gullible is also a conscious decision apparently.

Where do you get that he was handing it back to the man? He was passing it to his staffer. You know one of the guys that follows him around and hold the stuff for him so his hands are free to do things like oh I don't know, accept donations, sign autographs, shake hands.

Take a good look at the campaign "flyer" or "pamphlet", I can't tell exactly what it is, but it looks like a childs drawing to me.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would buy that the candidate himself would be attempting to pass money as a bribe , even if you thought there was bribery going on...and that folding money would be an adequate bribe. That's a sign of someone willing to ignore common sense and reality to believe what they've already decided to believe.

....wait, now it makes perfect sense that the Trumpers buy it.

I think folding money would be enough of a bribe for some. The amount in the video? Heck no. Or is that what you were referring to? But I agree with the rest of your post.

I think Trump is getting the votes because America is tired of the rhetoric that the professional politicians are dishing out. If you want an eye-opener, audit any Senator's income from when they were poor candidates with a vision to help America and see how much it increases in a few very short years. If you honestly think that any of these candidate won't sell you out then you ARE delusional.

How much has Cruz income increased?

Why should he? He's denied it, the women that were "identified" denied it one of which is a higher ranked campaign staffer for Trump.

And as for going right to the heart of his character, well he didn't sue or even threaten to. Unlike another candidate I could name who screams SUE!!! at the drop of a hat and has admitted to using the courts to harass people for free speech.

That conclusion from those facts is so obtuse that it can only be the result of a preexisting bias.

A story that was unsupported by fact goes to the heart of his character. Yet Trump who openly trades up to a newer model of wife every few years. Hey, it's out in the open, so no character issues. Having no shame about your character flaws is not really the same thing as having good character.

QFT. Although you left out serial adulterer. And speaking about trading up to a newer model, isn't it about time for him to do so again? His current wife is currently the oldest he's been married to isn't she.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The death throes of the Republican Party, all in one thread.

Kut (thinks you guys need to get your act together)

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    And as for going right to the heart of his character, well he didn't sue or even threaten to. Unlike another candidate I could name who screams SUE!!! at the drop of a hat and has admitted to using the courts to harass people for free speech.

Slander isn't free speech. If there was no truth to The National Enquirer story, and it was a pure fabricated lie I would fully expect, and applaud Cruz for suing them.

As it stands, I'm on the side of the story being suppressed, because the media just hates Trump that much; I'm positive, that if Cruz somehow secured the nomination the story would be brought back out, and made frontpage news on every paper in the nation.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Top Bottom