• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Yep. If you force them to make a choice, most have shown they'll take the least controversial way out. You gotta admit MDA has an effective strategy here.
    MDA has a much a pretty effective strategy it seems to me. Follow OCT around, take a few bad pictures, bully the entire corporation nationwide, corporation feels forced to folds, repeat.

I don't understand why EVERYONE can't leave businesses alone and let them make their money in peace.

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Voiced my feelings in their comments section... I have no problem shopping at WalMart or Meijer and actually prefer those to Target. At least I know my credit card data is safe there... Target already proved they can't even 'secure' that... little lone guarantee customers safety.
    Ouch!! Good one on the credit cards. What if the unthinkable happens...A Hoodie Boy comes in and shoots the place up then uses a stolen credit card and the info gets out!!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'll have my normal carry, a harmless, gentle little Glock 27 with great big teeth, neatly tucked tightly against my side with a loose shirt over it. No OC in anybody's face but still fully capable of defending my wife and myself. Issue settled.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

I think a more interesting story is that OC in Texas is getting a lot of momentum with the state legislators as well as Abbott and Davis, both contending to be the next Governor, openly supporting Open Carry of Handguns. I didn't see any mention of OC in Kansas either.

We are winning where it counts. It's like not being invited to the popular kids party but going home with the prom queen.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I think a more interesting story is that OC in Texas is getting a lot of momentum with the state legislators as well as Abbott and Davis, both contending to be the next Governor, openly supporting Open Carry of Handguns. I didn't see any mention of OC in Kansas either.

We are winning where it counts. It's like not being invited to the popular kids party but going home with the prom queen.

I would agree.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

So it isn't having the effect of reducing our rights? What what that umpteen-page thread all about then?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I sure would be interested in reading those stories because they're not making even the gun-mainstream-press. If true, that would certainly be good news.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Another reason (other than being an over-priced walmart) not to go to target
    Lol. Every time this happens there is someone that bashes the store and says it sucked anyway. What are people gonna do when all merchants have been whittled away at? Didn't surprise me that the third post in this thread was someone using that argument not to care

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    NO need for any 'conspiratorial' rhetoric that the the groups are, somehow 'really anti-gun groups posing as pro-gunners to cause problems'. What for, we do it to ourselves, and the anti-gunners just sit back and laugh.

Pro-gunners, ya did it to yourselves, once again. The more groups like OCT and their loony ilk do this, the more negative reaction will be forthcoming.

However, expect the lunacy to continue from this small segment, and the 'respectful bans' to continue. At some point, apparently not too far in the future, this type of stupidity will happen at ALL retail locations. :dunno:

MAYBE, at some point, this segment of pro-gunners will 'get it'. But don't count on it.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I sure would be interested in reading those stories because they're not making even the gun-mainstream-press. If true, that would certainly be good news.

Ask and you shall receive....

from 5 days ago, you can watch the video or just read the summary. Gregg Abbott is running on Open Carry

Cahnman's Musings: Greg Abbott Does Glenn Beck

This is from Feb where Wendy Davis throws her support behind Open Carry, as a Democrat. IIRC, OCT started their demonstrations in Feb.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

Here's one from Truth About Guns

Texas Sprinting Towards Open Carry | The Truth About Guns

Both major candidates running on Open Carry? I love to hear how OCT has hurt the people of Texas.

And let's not forget Kansas.

Cities navigate new Kansas law prohibiting gun regulations | The Kansas City Star

I do love the title of the article. Sounds like something the IndyStar would write.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Ask and you shall receive....

from 5 days ago, you can watch the video or just read the summary. Gregg Abbott is running on Open Carry

Cahnman's Musings: Greg Abbott Does Glenn Beck

This is from Feb where Wendy Davis throws her support behind Open Carry, as a Democrat. IIRC, OCT started their demonstrations in Feb.

Wendy Davis joins Greg Abbott in supporting ?open carry? gun law | Dallas Morning News

Here's one from Truth About Guns

Texas Sprinting Towards Open Carry | The Truth About Guns

Both major candidates running on Open Carry? I love to hear how OCT has hurt the people of Texas.

And let's not forget Kansas.

Cities navigate new Kansas law prohibiting gun regulations | The Kansas City Star

I do love the title of the article. Sounds like something the IndyStar would write.
    I misunderstood your point in post #50. I thought you were inferring that because of OCT's activities, it was moving the needle for OC in Texas. My fault. Party on Garth.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So it isn't having the effect of reducing our rights? What what that umpteen-page thread all about then?

I misunderstood your point in post #50. I thought you were inferring that because of OCT's activities, it was moving the needle for OC in Texas. My fault. Party on Garth.

I believe that it is! HB700 didn't pass in 2012 or 2013 but has gained a lot of support since the demonstrations started. But that isn't really the point. All that is being espoused is their actions are having a negative connotation. The people in Texas, where OCT is really fighting, are certainly not deterred by their actions. There is no negative effect where it matters.

The company I work for is in Texas. The guys in Houston and Amarillo are loving what OCT is doing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom