• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I believe that it is! HB700 didn't pass in 2012 or 2013 but has gained a lot of support since the demonstrations started. But that isn't really the point. All that is being espoused is their actions are having a negative connotation. The people in Texas, where OCT is really fighting, are certainly not deterred by their actions. There is no negative effect where it matters.

The company I work for is in Texas. The guys in Houston and Amarillo are loving what OCT is doing.

That's good to know. It's just that we're not hearing about their positive impact--I was hoping to see where somebody giving them credit rather than scorn.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I believe that it is! HB700 didn't pass in 2012 or 2013 but has gained a lot of support since the demonstrations started. But that isn't really the point. All that is being espoused is their actions are having a negative connotation. The people in Texas, where OCT is really fighting, are certainly not deterred by their actions. There is no negative effect where it matters.

The company I work for is in Texas. The guys in Houston and Amarillo are loving what OCT is doing.
    That's great news. It's nice to hear how the ones for whom the effort is intended to benefit feel about it. (For the record, I am not surprised. My comment was sarcastic and directed to the gobs of people who keep crying that this is going to be bad.)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That's great news. It's nice to hear how the ones for whom the effort is intended to benefit feel about it. (For the record, I am not surprised. My comment was sarcastic and directed to the gobs of people who keep crying that this is going to be bad.)
    And I'll admit I'm one of the criers. I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong.

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    I always figured I was the only armed person in my target anyway but now I will bring 2 guns if I ever am in there again just for fun. I really could care less about this "request" from target.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    My family rarely if ever shops at Target, but thats why they call it "concealed carry" To be 1000% honest as long as I'm reasonably sure I can't get caught( Read metal detectors) save for inside my boys school I C/C almost every where I go in Indiana regardless, and if any family is with me I always carry. That is why I absolutely hate, hate, hate going to baseball games in Chicago as now both Sox and Cubs wand everyone who enters, so know I can't even have a edged weapon on me. As we all know mad men who's intent is the slaughter of the innocent prefer unarmed and defenseless victims.

Exactly how many mass shootings have ever taken place at shooting ranges of police stations? you know the type of places mass shooters will 100% have to deal with armed potential victims who can actually SHOOT BACK.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    e-mail sent--They NOW know that they will NOT have one more $ from this household..

More crap for me to buy tomorrow!!!

Wow, you guys are taking this so seriously. It's a dumb rule meant to address a dumb complaint about even dumber people. If you are any smart, it doesn't apply to you.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Problem is...my local target (Kokomo) is located inside the mall. Granted it has it's own outside entrance, but I am still unsure if you can actually carry in there since the mall itself is a GFZ.

I carried all the time at Markland mall and no problems. Thankfully it's Indiana. They can only ask you to leave.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    While Moms Demand Action is still claiming victory some of their followers are planning to continue their boycott. Unlike what MDA did to Sonic and Chipotle, their "victory" over Target isn't so cut and dried. Target issued a statement over the Internet similar to those two retailers but sometime yesterday, Molly Synder, who is a spokesperson for Target also said that the company has no plans to put up signs because the request is not a ban. As for me, I will probably OC my XDm in Target because they clearly didn't ban weapons.

Target tries to silence furor by politely asking for no firearms in its stores |

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/07/03/target-announces-but-wont-enforce-gun-ban/

Last edited:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    We are winning where it counts.

We've been winning without the "all eyes on me" open carry stuff, but yet now that people feel the need to flaunt not just one handgun, but two or three, and head out with AKs, ARs, etc., I wonder if we are going to keep winning. We won prior to this whole concept that we need people out and about to see guns otherwise the laws will go against us. I don't know of one state law that went from no carry to carry (OC or CC) that was changed because people went to another state and saw someone OCing their handgun at Walmart, Target, a coffee shop, etc.. People wanted the ability to protect themselves while out and about, but I believe the vast majority of these folks wanted to do this discreetly, as in CC. OC is an absolute game changer and the current play on words will make sure it continues to be an issue. The more vocal MDA types will absolutely demand something be done, and when the manager doesn't do it, it will start to become an issue again. Yes, they show a lack of logical skills with their "see no evil there will be no evil" mindset. To some of them, the firearm is evil and if it is hidden or some policy (not law) claims there will be no evil, no wrong doing, then that means everyone is safe.

This is just the start. Hopefully the bulk of the MDA crowd is OK with the silly worded policy and won't start demanding more when they see the occasional OCer at Target. Of course if groups of people continue to OC rifles, multiple handguns, etc. to flaunt the carefully worded language of the request, then I can see MDA ramping up their demands, which will be to post signs, have employees request OCers leave, call the cops, etc.. It will be interesting to see where this goes. This group will put the pressure on every single national retailer until they all issue similar press releases.

Exactly how many mass shootings have ever taken place at shooting ranges of police stations? you know the type of places mass shooters will 100% have to deal with armed potential victims who can actually SHOOT BACK.

No one really cares about the numbers in "mass" shootings if you or your loved one is a victim. These people don't care if it is just one dead and fifty with minor injuries, they just don't want to see a return of the "wild wild west." They don't want to think we live in a society where everyone not only has to be armed, but they have to flaunt that they are armed via OC. As far as attacks on PDs, in recent times Detroit, MI had one as well as Moscow, ID.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Leaving Facebook...

For all those saying they aren't going back to target, at least read this first.

For some reason the link comes up as so but it's an article about how a spokeswoman says there will be no ban on firearms.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Good Grief

FIRST:
    Target did EXACTLY what Starbucks, Sonic, Chipolte, Jack-in-the-Box and all the others have done.
    Not a SINGLE one of these is an actual ban or prohibition that I have seen. NONE of these stores have stopped following state laws.

MdA - ETfGS - MAIG - CSGV - ALL want to completely ban carry (OC AND CC) -
    They make lots of noise, have $ and connections to BUY media attention that they want to "sell their propaganda/agitprop" to the middle that is clueless.
    - we (pro-2A side) have basically been 'reactionary' to their demands - even back to 2012 when it was CSGV that 'OUTTED' starbucks.
    - when theyre done with all the OC stuff - heck - while they're at it - they are also condemning CC as much as possible and clearly are opposed to this.
    (as stated to me by the head of the IN chapter of MdA) ...

When the stores make this type of statment - the Bloomy Groups, et al - all go YAY WE WON. even though they didn't get anything.
    If the stores issue a limited statement - these bloomy groupies - would continue to persist.

By issuing the statement, they resk ticking off probably 5% to 10 % of the population (or less, depending on state / area) which is US.
    yet really they haven't done anything to change the way we go about our business ...

SECOND:
    OCT, and GRAA, and CATI groups are staging way more 'events' than we see. We only get the main ones that make the MS(Anti-Gun)M,
    They are having a positive effect from what you find if you look more deeply.

They also have changed their status / preference on LONG GUNS - ESPECIALLY at chains/ national stores.
    The point of OC change is (at least partly) due to the very restrictive CC nature of TX regulations (like no 'printing' ... or your risk loss of your CHL)

- - -

How do we win 'the hearts and minds of the american people' - especially, if they think no one carries and never see it done?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    We've been winning without the "all eyes on me" open carry stuff, but yet now that people feel the need to flaunt not just one handgun, but two or three, and head out with AKs, ARs, etc., I wonder if we are going to keep winning. We won prior to this whole concept that we need people out and about to see guns otherwise the laws will go against us. I don't know of one state law that went from no carry to carry (OC or CC) that was changed because people went to another state and saw someone OCing their handgun at Walmart, Target, a coffee shop, etc.. People wanted the ability to protect themselves while out and about, but I believe the vast majority of these folks wanted to do this discreetly, as in CC. OC is an absolute game changer and the current play on words will make sure it continues to be an issue. The more vocal MDA types will absolutely demand something be done, and when the manager doesn't do it, it will start to become an issue again. Yes, they show a lack of logical skills with their "see no evil there will be no evil" mindset. To some of them, the firearm is evil and if it is hidden or some policy (not law) claims there will be no evil, no wrong doing, then that means everyone is safe.

This is just the start. Hopefully the bulk of the MDA crowd is OK with the silly worded policy and won't start demanding more when they see the occasional OCer at Target. Of course if groups of people continue to OC rifles, multiple handguns, etc. to flaunt the carefully worded language of the request, then I can see MDA ramping up their demands, which will be to post signs, have employees request OCers leave, call the cops, etc.. It will be interesting to see where this goes. This group will put the pressure on every single national retailer until they all issue similar press releases.

No one really cares about the numbers in "mass" shootings if you or your loved one is a victim. These people don't care if it is just one dead and fifty with minor injuries, they just don't want to see a return of the "wild wild west." They don't want to think we live in a society where everyone not only has to be armed, but they have to flaunt that they are armed via OC. As far as attacks on PDs, in recent times Detroit, MI had one as well as Moscow, ID.

OCT has specifically started their Open Carry of Long Guns to address the ban on OC handguns. In Texas, a bill to lift that ban has been defeated 3 years in a row. I believe that OCT has had a positive effect on the people of Texas and OC has the momentum to pass, in part, due to those activist.

But, again, thats not really the point. What is being espoused is that these idiot/moron/attention whores/etc.... are hurting gun rights. Idk if Texas will become an OC state but OCT has raised awareness for people. Idk if activism had any impact on Kansas recently lifting their ban. What I do know is that no rights have been lost by the OC demonstrations. In fact, states getting on the OC bandwagon will inevitably lead to more states being constitutional carry states.

I personally don't care what others think. I'm not interested in their level of comfort at the sight of a firearm. I won't be shamed or guilted into hiding my firearm. If CC is your preferred method of carry because it works better for you, awesome. For me, I prefer to not CC and believe OC works better for me.

Liberty is hard sometimes. It doesn't matter how you feel about how someone should exercise their rights, it's not up to you to make that decision for them.

Top Bottom