Tactical Response at it again. Dangerous and Unprofessional ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    He's got a point, if you can't dazzle them with brillance, you gotta baffle them with Pirateeze...... Arggggg.... Listen to me matey... Or I'll poop on your deck and Bung your hole....

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    A teacher/instructor leaves a legacy that is multiplied by all those they have taught and all those who are taught by their former students.

The legacy that these guys will leave behind is a lot of people doing stupid and dangerous things while firmly convinced they are the truly skilled and knowledgeable elite.

There is no reason to shoot with someone downrange standing next to the target. All it takes is an "ah-choo" by the shooter or a trip by the cameraman for things to go horribly wrong.

There is no reason to throw a firearm (loaded or unloaded) on the ground ...and stomping on it is just foolhardy. Sure, sometimes my mags end up in the mud and have to be cleaned but they are not the part that goes bang (they also only cost $35).

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Hey everybody, Beardsey McTactical here. I've got a great new class I want to offer here first. It's a home defense hand to hand combat course where we are going to pit students against each other in real hand to hand combat scenarios. We lock them in a trailer that is completely furnished with normal household items, the objective is to use everything within arms reach as a weapon to incapacitate your opponent, last one conscious wins. Early enrollment is only $750, after early enrollment closes $1000. You'll never be able to get training like this anywhere else.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Hey everybody, Beardsey McTactical here. I've got a great new class I want to offer here first. It's a home defense hand to hand combat course where we are going to pit students against each other in real hand to hand combat scenarios. We lock them in a trailer that is completely furnished with normal household items, the objective is to use everything within arms reach as a weapon to incapacitate your opponent, last one conscious wins. Early enrollment is only $750, after early enrollment closes $1000. You'll never be able to get training like this anywhere else.

Id lock the door and set the trailer on fire!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yeager's facebook page says

I will make a full statement next week concerning one of my staff having an ND at a class. Thankfully no one was injured.
    “It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”
    Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

I don't know if the Roosevelt quote was meant to imply that guys getting stuff done are going to make mistakes? We shall see I guess.

I would btw agree with the simple mantra that "crap happens" and having a negligent discharge doesn't (in itself) means questions should be asked about why, before one is judging.

In this case, if the story is remotely true, the problem isn't an instructor that screwed up. It's either an instructor acting completely out of protocol, or a problem with protocol.

It's not very hard to understand why stomping on loaded guns is a bad idea.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I will make a full statement next week concerning one of my staff having an ND at a class. Thankfully no one was injured.
    “It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”
    Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

I don't know if the Roosevelt quote was meant to imply that guys getting stuff done are going to make mistakes? We shall see I guess.

I would btw agree with the simple mantra that "crap happens" and having a negligent discharge doesn't (in itself) means questions should be asked about why, before one is judging.

In this case, if the story is remotely true, the problem isn't an instructor that screwed up. It's either an instructor acting completely out of protocol, or a problem with protocol.

James is just trying to stay "Neutral".............He's got that strategy mastered. :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

I took a class like that with a pissed off Gorn.
    I would not recommend it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I can't believe nobody asked the most important question (unless I miss it).

Was it a Glock? :popcorn:

I heard 99% of NDs happen with Glocks because they are so unsafe, they fire whenever you pull the trigger. :runaway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I took a class like that with a pissed off Gorn.
    I would not recommend it.

battle-damage-kirk-and-gorn-mini-mates-3.jpg

Kirk-fighting-the-Gorn-james-t-kirk-25142349-245-159.gif

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    This is about 3 feet, right? It says "High Risk" right there on the box:

12794696_10153601095819825_5425902124764609151_o.jpg

That's pretty ate up. What exactly is the point of pulling security into that doorway, on your own guys? And who has security behind, up, out, etc.? Might not be the scenario, I suppose, but that's still stupid. If no one is there, you didn't need to flag your buddy. If the BG is there, your only choice is to shoot your buddy or to let him handle it himself, which is what he would have done anyway if you weren't pointing a weapon at him. And call me old school, but even though there is a time and place where going John Wayne with your rifle skyward is appropriate, it usually is slower, more cumbersome, and gives you more ways to run into stuff. But since I have to shave my beard (and I do like having a beard), I probably am not tactical enough to understand.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Very True. As far as the statement forthcoming all I can say is:popcorn:

Funny but the TR crowd seems to step in it (by accident or maybe it is planned out??) About every 6 months. Wasn't too long ago the whole Yeager Instructor Zero issue took up several threads on several forums.

Just sayin

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I'll have to agree with Beardly McTactical on the use of a fighting weapon, and don't sweat getting them dirty. I kinda even like the approach of acting tough, because that's how my drill sergeant taught me. Sometimes you need to show the privates (who have become pussified by modern society) to nut up.

However, not pointing it in a safe direction is something you don't expect from a professional trainer. There had to be something wrong with the gun for it to go off. Anything mechanical made by man can fail, that's why we go by safety rules.

Top Bottom