• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    They apparently don't teach that in history class anymore, Dave. I bet if you pointed out that invading Muslim armies were defeated as deep inside Europe as Tours, France, and Vienna, Austria 90% of the people out there would look at you like you were crazy. BTW, the battle of Tours? 732 AD. First Crusade wasn't until several hundred years later. So yeah, they were in response to a long train of abuses by Islamic caliphates, including massacres and enslavement of Christians on pilgrimage to Jerusalem. Another fun fact? The existence of Islamic SS divisions and the Mufti of Jerusalem's involvement in planning for the death camps.
    This is supposed to be a feel good story damnit , why you gotta bring that up?

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen

Forgive me if I don't subscribe to any religion... christian, or otherwise. It's why I don't jump to conclusions re: any religion. I won't tell anyone they can't believe what they wish to believe.

People act upon their belief systems. Mao and Hitler did and Isis is now.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    [video=youtube;cCePcXP86i8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLexpn-U1ROkkmqA0geySt2BioIetyX3X1&v=cCePcXP86i8[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;cCePcXP86i8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLexpn-U1ROkkmqA0geySt2BioIetyX3X1&v=cCePcXP86i8[/video]

In the weird irony of history, the former imperialist nations which once invaded the lands where many of these refugees hail, are now becoming colonized themselves.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...an-refugees-violates-equal-protection-clause/

Indiana’s refusal to pay federal grant funds to resettle Syrian refugees violates Equal Protection Clause

1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Even if we accept the notion that this applies to anyone, not just citizens, who else are we paying to resettle? If anything, equal treatment would prohibit, not require, doing any such a thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Even if we accept the notion that this applies to anyone, not just citizens, who else are we paying to resettle? If anything, equal treatment would prohibit, not require, doing any such a thing.

That's a good point. Giving no one anything is more equal than giving some people something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The Dems always like to complain about Americans having all of the benefits of living in this country, just due to an accident of birth. The same applies to Mexicans though. Why should they be the only country that has the ability of being able to just walk across the border. To be truly fair, we need to round up everyone around the world, that wants to come here and fly them here for resettlement.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Dems always like to complain about Americans having all of the benefits of living in this country, just due to an accident of birth. The same applies to Mexicans though. Why should they be the only country that has the ability of being able to just walk across the border. To be truly fair, we need to round up everyone around the world, that wants to come here and fly them here for resettlement.

I have a better idea. If the leftists are really convinced that they have such good fortune by an accident of birth rather than from parents and grandparents who deliberately worked their asses off to build something better for their children and grandchildren, then they can exercise one of our wonderful freedoms and GTFO.

Top Bottom