• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    In your opinion, what potential do "these" people possess that you and I do not?:dunno:

You will probably have to answer this for yourself. Read what these folks are doing all over the world, determine what you think are plausible conclusions, and make your own comparison to people from other cultures. You might start with their belief system and world view. It has alot of influence over what people do. I got some conclusions from international poling done by the Barna Corp. amongst Islamic people worldwide. It's an incomplete picture but with other information I formed my opinion. I'm against letting them in. The whole country of Japan doesn't let Islamic people immigrate. They know it leads to big trouble. Since you claim to be Agnostic, you believe there could be a higher power. Perhaps you think we were all made "Equal" under a higher power so we all possess the same potential for evil or good? If you "kinda"do, I agree with you. That is a different kind of "Potential" than learned behavior like "Honor" killing of one's own daughter practiced under Sharia for disobedience. (Murder in the Western culture)Or occasionally marriage to a 9 year old girl.(Pedophilia in Western culture). They just gotta give that crap and a lot more up, BEFORE they come here. Again, opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well there's a culture whose views on racial superiority we should want to emulate.:rolleyes:

Just a thought. It is the Japanese home land. I would think they can have it as they want it.
    Agree or not it is theirs. Not ours or anyone else's to make such a call.
    Not a poke on your post just my opinion.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    He (Gov. Pence) can't legally block them. It's pure political pandering. He can get up on his soap box and proclaim he will not accept any of them, but it all reality, he really has no choice in the matter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He's not alone. 31 governors, not all Republican are doing this. A sizeable portion of America is against importing the refugees. Whether or not the refusal to go along with can stand legally, I see it as a protest move.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just a thought. It is the Japanese home land. I would think they can have it as they want it.

I don't care what the Japanese do in Japan. As I said, just not a culture that we should seek to emulate.

Not only do they not let let them dirty mooslims in, they hardly let ANYBODY in. And the few that they do, do not enjoy the same rights as the "pure" Japanese. Even Japanese citizens who do not "look" Japanese are treated as second class citizens.

They can carry on their xenophobic, racist policies until their extinction for all I care.:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't care what the Japanese do in Japan. As I said, just not a culture that we should seek to emulate.

Not only do they not let let them dirty mooslims in, they hardly let ANYBODY in. And the few that they do, do not enjoy the same rights as the "pure" Japanese. Even Japanese citizens who do not "look" Japanese are treated as second class citizens.

They can carry on their xenophobic, racist policies until their extinction for all I care.:dunno:

Just seemed you are some what offended by them.
    Your call of course. Again, no knock.
    They are not the only country/culture that has this belief.

Realizing we as a nation are a melting pot of so many cultures I do understand the advantages and the pitfalls of this.
    I also believe there is a time to slow the influx so as not to further burden the rest of us and the system.
    This is that time in my opinion.
    If someone comes in they should have something to offer and not be an anchor. We are dragging enough anchors right now.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There seems to be a lot of concern for the well-being of the Syrian refugees. Yet, we still have homeless veterans in this country and no one seems to care. That, IMO, is shameful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There seems to be a lot of concern for the well-being of the Syrian refugees. Yet, we still have homeless veterans in this country and no one seems to care. That, IMO, is shameful.

The millions and millions that "O"bummer wants to throw at this will be divided up among his group of yes men and suck boys. That is what I see here.

Top Bottom