• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point in question was a demand to know which country we were at war with since I asserted that we were at war The New Caliphate. The purpose of the examples was to present evidence that the US does not always go to war against a 'country' per se.

Yeah that's a bad example, while technically different entities, the Viet Kong and North Vietnamese fought in concert, supporting each other, and even lending soldiers to one other. There's no was no way to fight one, without fighting the other.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course you're not....I did pass 4th grade. I still remember driving there. Best damn 12 years of my life. Truth be told, it is not easy posting on a phone while driving drunk.

At least you learn quickly.
    Anyways, as I said, I'm not following... meaning, what are you talking about when you said "if it happened here"?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It is not inconceivable to think that could happen here. Ever see Red Dawn? Seriously though, we are not all powerful. At one point yes, but that was a long time ago.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why does that matter? It's silly to assert that we can't be at war with "the caliphate".

It matters because people are condemning the refugees for taking flight. They have the odd belief that there should be some kinship in an Americans' willingness to fight for their nation with that of a Syrian fighting for Syria. It's a crazy notion, that I don't think many have thought through.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To put a fine point on it, didn't he say "Syrian Refugees" and not "Muslims".

So the other refugees (and are a bunch more) get a free pass? After all, he did say "Syrian Refugees"

Kut (thinks you're fooling yourself, if you don't think "Muslim" is implied)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It matters because people are condemning the refugees for taking flight. They have the odd belief that there should be some kinship in an Americans' willingness to fight for their nation with that of a Syrian fighting for Syria. It's a crazy notion, that I don't think many have thought through.

Yes, fighting for your own country is a novel idea. :rolleyes:

Don't assume the people who disagree with you are the ones not thinking.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm not familiar with how Syria worked before the SHTF there. The nation was pretty secular on a government level, but on a local level did tribal identities remain as strongly as they did in Afghanistan? That could make quite the difference if there was no real national "identity" as there is here.

Top Bottom