Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Damn straight MrJ, you've hit the nail squarely on the head.

I've got extra rooms.... send these people who are fleeing the very thing you xenophobes (largely) are terrified they are here to escape to MY house. Christian charity my ass :ingo: Be ashamed. Very very ashamed.

I like my guns, and I even like most of those I've met from this site, but this thread, this sentiment, this hatred is sickening. Morally bankrupt, full stop.

Axes. I suspect yer grinding them. Maybe someone dun ya wrong. I dunno. But you seem to be eager to imagine the worst motives for why people wouldn't agree with your solution. Xenophobes? Eh, maybe some. But really? You can't imagine another reason? Oh man of staw, who will save us from your moral bankruptcy? MRJ and mdmayo will!

Or, try to imagine that the people you don't like aren't as evil as you want to believe. That bit of empowerment opens a wonderful new world of not projecting your morality onto other people. Of course the downside is, you don't get that same feeling of unearned moral superiority. But then you don't miss it. So still win/win.

Actually upon further reflection, I think this pervasive xenophobic rant plays right into the hands of ISIS Salafi Muslims. Look toward the Quietest Salafi movement, may change your mind, as long as it's open enough to read the content and context.

The attitudes I've read, and wretched over, on this site tonight are proof that the bad guys are winning. If we can't play cowboy and gunsling them into submission, we should call them names, even our president, he definitely needs name-called... It's childish. Admit you are afraid, face your fears and be men.

I ask that you consider the possibility that perhaps the reason I don't agree with your solution is that I believe that there is no charity without responsibility, and that your solution is irresponsible. Let's do for the refugees what is best for them, not what most expediently relieves our conscience. Maybe the best thing for the innocent Syrians caught up in the violence is not to whisk them off to a nation they don't particularly like or understand, half way around the world.

In case you missed my rant earlier, charity is an individual endeavor. You can't be charitable at other people's expense. That's not charity. That's confiscatory welfare policy. And there's something I actually agree with Chris Matthews on. Why are there so many young adult males in the refugee group. I full agree with him that we should send those back to Syria to fight for their own country.

Didn't say I needed it today... and my refuge is my charity. Though if it makes you feel better I have donated. Money that would otherwise have been spent on gifts for family at the holidays. Each one who won't receive a gift has made the same response: "Other people need this more than I do."

No need to tell us how charitable you are. I don't care. The purpose of charity isn't to be seen being charitable. And don't assume that the "xenophobes" are as uncharitable as you imagine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Legitimate point. There is no reference for them to pull from. Hence my angst.
    I just ended my sentence with a preposition.

It's okay. There's no shame in it. It is an unnecessary, contrived rule that shouldn't matter. You needn't feel guilty. And if you continue to feel unnecessary guilt, there's a 12 step program for that. I hereby release you from the need to avoid ending sentences or phrases with a preposition. Prep on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Jeez. I started concocting my above rant last night and got sleepy, so I finished this morning. I prolly should have read the rest of the thread first. Boy did I mess some stuff.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn't read back past this page. Let me see if I got this right. Robby banned some guy for ending a sentence with a preposition?
    But it was done at the behest of CM after giving out cheeseburgers?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Sometimes, religion is an "excuse". But check out a lot of the crusades which were the generally said to be religious wars. I'm sure many did fight for that. But, it so happens that England and France needed land and resources. The crusades were fought along trade routes. Partially, because that's where people are.
    They also needed muslims to go back to their traditional home lands . IMO , this mess we're in is just an extension of those wars .

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't read back past this page. Let me see if I got this right. Robby banned some guy for ending a sentence with a preposition?
    But it was done at the behest of CM after giving out cheeseburgers?

Exactly. That's what I got out of it.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Damn straight MrJ, you've hit the nail squarely on the head.

I've got extra rooms.... send these people who are fleeing the very thing you xenophobes (largely) are terrified they are here to escape to MY house. Christian charity my ass :ingo: Be ashamed. Very very ashamed.

I like my guns, and I even like most of those I've met from this site, but this thread, this sentiment, this hatred is sickening. Morally bankrupt, full stop.

I think you are wrong.

The overall public outcry about Syrian refugees is largely a knee-jerk reaction to the Paris attacks. However, this was discussed here on INGO before the Paris attacks. I think the key point is the question "why aren't these people taking up arms and fighting for their own freedom?". The question is not just rhetorical to me; it's real. From what I know of the Arab culture (and I'll admit it's not that much), these folks are a lot more likely to blow with the prevailing wind than to pledge their lives, fortune, and sacred honor.

That is IMO why so many conservatives aren't buying the complete and total need of the refugees. They don't think like we do; and it's not about how they look or who they worship.

I posted an article last week that discussed the political divide in this country. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-divide-essay-americas-rural-urban-split.html

I think this disagreement is an example. An Indiana gun owner is on average an independent person who would go down fighting. They are understandably suspicious of those who would not.

You can go to web site for the Nazarene Fund and sign up. They've got over 12,000 people volunteering to take real persecuted refugees trying to get out of Iraq/ME. They've got over $12MM in donations from private individuals to bring vetted families out and they've actually got Slovakia to publically announce they'll take the first group. The Americans will not be bothered because they don't help the agenda.

I'm not understanding your sentence (that I bolded). Are you saying within that organization, Americans are donating but not volunteering? No dispute, just not clear.

I wish he could hear you, but RMQ put two in the chest, one in the head. The head shot was unneccessary for obvious reasons.

That is the guy that started all the bully cheeseburger stuff. But he opted out of it.

Hmmm..... so how are the rest of us going to get our cheeseburger? I have annoyed churchmouse a couple of times, but he seemed to move on from it pretty quickly without offering me a burger.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think you are wrong.

The overall public outcry about Syrian refugees is largely a knee-jerk reaction to the Paris attacks. However, this was discussed here on INGO before the Paris attacks. I think the key point is the question "why aren't these people taking up arms and fighting for their own freedom?". The question is not just rhetorical to me; it's real. From what I know of the Arab culture (and I'll admit it's not that much), these folks are a lot more likely to blow with the prevailing wind than to pledge their lives, fortune, and sacred honor.

That is IMO why so many conservatives aren't buying the complete and total need of the refugees. They don't think like we do; and it's not about how they look or who they worship.

I posted an article last week that discussed the political divide in this country. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-divide-essay-americas-rural-urban-split.html

I think this disagreement is an example. An Indiana gun owner is on average an independent person who would go down fighting. They are understandably suspicious of those who would not.

I'm not understanding your sentence (that I bolded). Are you saying within that organization, Americans are donating but not volunteering? No dispute, just not clear.

Hmmm..... so how are the rest of us going to get our cheeseburger? I have annoyed churchmouse a couple of times, but he seemed to move on from it pretty quickly without offering me a burger.

Well.....you were not annoying enough I guess.....:)

I have bought so many burger's this year I may claim them on my Taxes...:):

Top Bottom