• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees "needs to stop" - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Something is really wrong with this POTUS. I understand the fear is what the terrorist wants but in regards to this issue is not about fear. There is real danger in allowing these refugees in US. Good thing there is balance of power in the government and I'm really thankful to our forefathers for this.

There is real danger but I think the Feds have confidence that refugees can be well screened. If we make it hard enough for a member of daesh to get refugee status they'll simply find an easier way. There are a lot easier ways to get into the states than through the heavily screened refugee process. If you're daesh you get to Mexico or Canada and sneak in or you get a visa or stow away on a cargo ship, there are a lot easier ways to get here than through refugee organizations. The bigger threat is citizens of US or European countries becoming radicalized as they can travel around the world much more easily.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Majority of refugees are woman and children, There is no disproportional skew of demographics towards military aged males in refugees coming to America.

Just wait, this is what is happening elsewhere:

Blog: Syrian refugees: 'Trust not the horse'

To save you the trouble of reading, the ratio in Europe is around 72% male.

The New Face Of EU Immigration Is Young, Fit And Overwhelmingly Male

A bit more anecdotal, but a bunch of young men hanging around in groups is either a very progressive new kind of family, or something else...

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    There is real danger but I think the Feds have confidence that refugees can be well screened. If we make it hard enough for a member of daesh to get refugee status they'll simply find an easier way. There are a lot easier ways to get into the states than through the heavily screened refugee process. If you're daesh you get to Mexico or Canada and sneak in or you get a visa or stow away on a cargo ship, there are a lot easier ways to get here than through refugee organizations. The bigger threat is citizens of US or European countries becoming radicalized as they can travel around the world much more easily.

That is very likely going to happen.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Well the catch 22 is we can't secure the border either because racism.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Obama says GOP incitement on Syria refugees "needs to stop" - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Something is really wrong with this POTUS. I understand the fear is what the terrorist wants but in regards to this issue is not about fear. There is real danger in allowing these refugees in US. Good thing there is balance of power in the government and I'm really thankful to our forefathers for this.

Back on topic - He REALLY dug in to people about this tonight. Said some really ****ty stuff.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just wait, this is what is happening elsewhere:

Blog: Syrian refugees: 'Trust not the horse'

To save you the trouble of reading, the ratio in Europe is around 72% male.

The New Face Of EU Immigration Is Young, Fit And Overwhelmingly Male

A bit more anecdotal, but a bunch of young men hanging around in groups is either a very progressive new kind of family, or something else...

You cite an unsourced blog post.

UNHCR’s data show that 50.5 percent of refugees are women. Females age 18 to 59 make up 23.9 percent of the refugees, while males in that age group make up 21.8 percent.
    Even younger males — age 12 to 17 — represent 6.5 percent of refugees, while females that age are 6.1 percent. The majority of refugees — 51.1 percent — are under age 17, including 38.5 percent who are younger than 12 years old.

Stretching Facts on Syrian Refugees

Top Bottom