0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Obama: "ISIS is contained"

Hours later: Paris attacks.

Obama: "GOP refugee opponents 'scared of widows and orphans' "

Hours later: Female suicide bomber in Paris

They've got to be trolling him, right?

i think it's obvious that Republicans and ISIS are consorting to thwart Obama's efforts to bring peace, happiness, unicorns, kittens, puppies and rainbows to our shattered world.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    i think it's obvious that Republicans and ISIS are consorting to thwart Obama's efforts to bring peace, happiness, unicorns, kittens, puppies and rainbows to our shattered world.

Actually, it's just the Republicans. The ISIS problem can be solved by bringing them all here and putting them on welfare.

Roguelet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Montgomery County
    What is it about this particular situation that makes people want to open their homes and donate their money? I'm specifically talking about those people who are NOT normally charitable people. I'm talking about US citizens who have never once even considered taking in a homeless veteran, or any homeless American, but who are more than willing to open their home to Syrian refugees. I'm talking about people who have never once donated to a homeless shelter, or a women's shelter, or an orphanage, but who are now donating their money to support Syrian refugees. What is the driving force behind these actions for those Americans who have never before been driven to help their fellow Americans, or anyone else (the starving kids in Africa for example) in the same manner?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What is it about this particular situation that makes people want to open their homes and donate their money? I'm specifically talking about those people who are NOT normally charitable people. I'm talking about US citizens who have never once even considered taking in a homeless veteran, or any homeless American, but who are more than willing to open their home to Syrian refugees. I'm talking about people who have never once donated to a homeless shelter, or a women's shelter, or an orphanage, but who are now donating their money to support Syrian refugees. What is the driving force behind these actions for those Americans who have never before been driven to help their fellow Americans, or anyone else (the starving kids in Africa for example) in the same manner?

What is stupidity, Alex?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If nothing else they do seem to like being seen while caring.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Generally, they like caring more when it's done with other peoples money.

Also, there are no data bases of the people coming here for our clever state dept. to search. Syria has lost thousands of passports. There will be no way to properly vet these poor people who want to run away from a country they don't want to try to fix so they can go to a currently okay place and try to take their stuff. As a result they will be able to get folks in, even if they are children or women (you have seen the pics of children in kabloomie vests no?) to cause havoc here. But this is probably the plan of our misadministration to begin with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    liberal-logic-101-2980-500x416.jpg

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

There isn't a single person here who fits the narrative you've described.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ok. Let me rephrase. Organized Religion is the cause of all this violence in the world. Or at the very least using it as a justification for their actions. And please dont include me when you say "ideas based on a shared God of whom we all believe. I for one do not "believe" in fairy tales.

Richard Dawkins has created an entire following whose only arguments are based on quips about fairy tales and flying spaghetti monsters...The lack of knowledge regarding history, science and philosophy that the new evangelical Atheists extol is mind boggling...

I am not talking about all atheists...We have many atheists here on INGO that are thoughtful, well read, and intensely curious in their search for the truth....

I heard Richard Dawkins was like that before 9/11...One of his books was about nothing but why there seems to be an appearance of design in evolution and life on the planet but it is just that, an appearance...Then 9/11 happens and he gets what can only be described as a religious experience where he is given an absolute key to the truth that God is a delusion (He has no training in psychology nor diagnosing delusions but that didn't stop him from doing a mass diagnosis of every person on earth who believes in a God or gods) and began preaching his dogma via books and lectures...In his zeal to be right (and to prevent another 9/11) he can't even see that he has, in effect, become the fire and brimstone preacher or imam that he claims to detest...

"Atheism is a fairy tale read to those who fear the light..." John Lennox responding to Stephen Hawkings quip about religious people being afraid of the dark...

You know Stephen Hawkings disdain and doubt about there being a God almost makes me wonder if he didn't have something happen to him like a terrible illness....You know the old "If there is a God and He is good then why am I (fill in the blank)?" routine that we hear from folks who have had misfortunes bestowed upon them...

I can't believe I just responded with a rant to someone who is probably no longer on INGO....One doesn't dis Churchmouse in such a manner...There are currently two threads going now about his awesomeness...

INGO don't take kindly to folks bad mouthing our resident, heating and air man/cheeseburger guru...As they say in England..."That there ain't cricket.":)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom