• ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You cite an unsourced blog post.

UNHCR’s data show that 50.5 percent of refugees are women. Females age 18 to 59 make up 23.9 percent of the refugees, while males in that age group make up 21.8 percent.
    Even younger males — age 12 to 17 — represent 6.5 percent of refugees, while females that age are 6.1 percent. The majority of refugees — 51.1 percent — are under age 17, including 38.5 percent who are younger than 12 years old.

Stretching Facts on Syrian Refugees

You are talking about actual Syrians. I'm talking about including those posing as Syrian. Yeah, I know the first link was weak, but I'm a bit distracted right now, and wasn't really into fighting through all the crap to find A better link.

There, and this is the UN:

http://data.unhcr.org/mediterranean/regional.php

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is real danger but I think the Feds have confidence that refugees can be well screened. If we make it hard enough for a member of daesh to get refugee status they'll simply find an easier way. There are a lot easier ways to get into the states than through the heavily screened refugee process. If you're daesh you get to Mexico or Canada and sneak in or you get a visa or stow away on a cargo ship, there are a lot easier ways to get here than through refugee organizations. The bigger threat is citizens of US or European countries becoming radicalized as they can travel around the world much more easily.

I'm not so sure
    FBI Admits US Can't Vet All Syrian Refugees For Terror Ties | The Daily Caller

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Legitimate point. There is no reference for them to pull from. Hence my angst.
    I just ended my sentence with a preposition.

A preposition is not a good word to end a sentence with.

Sometimes I do it because I'm not clever enough to think of a better way to say it, but it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I am against it. To mandate the importation of people who not only do not want to be Americans, but have a belief system that mandates our over throw, is at least stupid. In the case of our current leadership, I believe it treasonous. How do you think those people will live? The taxpayers are on the hook for the complete support, adding to the burden of our welfare system. As soon as they get here they will be demanding special priviledges, to harm of AMERICAN CITIZENS. How has that been working for France?

Amen to that! ^^^^^

Top Bottom