• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Here's a single quote (one quote of over 150 pages of similar mental masturbation) from the "where did you OC today? thread...

Anyone that would run home to post where they open carried that day has some issues and obviously gets a lot of excitement out of having people look at the gun on their side.

Your so self absorbed with your profession that you are alienating yourself from the rest of the general population.

The OC thread is more about getting people use to seeing lawful citizens carrying handguns and sharing the experiences that we have when we do it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Anyone that would run home to post where they open carried that day has some issues and obviously gets a lot of excitement out of having people look at the gun on their side.

We shall endeavor to not feel limited by your assumptions. Go back and read the OP for its actual purpose.

That being said, I don't actually have an issue with people open carrying, I just don't find it tactically sound

I'm wondering what you could possibly bring to the table of tactical soundness (in any of the threads it has been discussed) that would explain or support your personal findings. You're not just believing the myths are you?

...and it seems those that do it only do it for the fun of being noticed.

No need to make up your own reasons why we do it, your odds of being right are extremely low as compared to reading the actual reasons often given.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    For someone who doesn't care if people OC, you sure seem to obsess about it. You know how to avoid all that angst, don't you? Yep, that's right, don't read it.
    Mental masturbation? I hate to break it to you, but that's what you're doing every time you stroll by the 'ol INGO saloon, partner. If I was you, I'd quit stroking your ego or you'll go blind.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Here's a single quote (one quote of over 150 pages of similar mental masturbation) from the "where did you OC today? thread...

That being said, I don't actually have an issue with people open carrying, I just don't find it tactically sound and it seems those that do it only do it for the fun of being noticed.

Well, you completely missed the point of this thread. WELL DONE.

It seems that you do, in fact, have an issue with OC.

Tactically sound? If that is the case, why would police OC? It's apparently not "tactically sound". I OC almost exclusively, and I can tell you that I DO NOT OC "for the fun of being noticed".

For someone who is so against "lumping together" members of a specific group (IE---Police Officers), you sure seem comfortable doing the same to the members of the OC community. WELL DONE.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Well, you completely missed the point of this thread. WELL DONE.

The point of the thread is pretty obvious once one starts reading it. You can say it's for "educatiing" the sheeple...Hold on while I repost some "education":

i was OC'ing today as usual and had a lady tap me on the shoulder and say: Arent you supposed to cover that? <<pointing at my gun. I simply said not in indiana. she said: no? I said: no

so dumb B**** if you read this, mind your own effing business next time and get an effing clue before you touch me with your nappy hands again. Your lucky im more polite in person and with my family or i would have told you to mind your own business.

So, how does being mean to someone that asks you a question and then venting about it later educate someone on firearms laws again?

My daughter and I both OC'd yesterday at Kokomo Kmart and logansport Walmart. Nothing.

This one seems upset because nobody noticed.

I could probably go on all night, but I really only needed to go back a page or two to prove my point.

Tactically sound? If that is the case, why would police OC? It's apparently not "tactically sound".

Everyone knows police are armed, therefore carrying concealed becomes a moot point.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    snip.

There is nothing there to indicate the poster is upset. You are putting words in his mouth, telling an untruth to make a point that the facts do not support.

Not the integrity a citizen would hope for from someone carrying a badge. But typical of the dishonesty exhibited by anti-gunners.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Upset or not. The mere need to go home and post that he didn't get a rise out of anyone is still an issue.

As anyone with an elementary school ability to read can tell, nothing happening is the major point of the thread. So much nothing, in fact, that you've had to twist reality to further your agenda. The only issue is why you feel the need to emulate Brady Bunch tactics.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The point of the thread is pretty obvious once one starts reading it. You can say it's for "educatiing" the sheeple...Hold on while I repost some "education":

So, how does being mean to someone that asks you a question and then venting about it later educate someone on firearms laws again?

I could probably go on all night, but I really only needed to go back a page or two to prove my point.

Everyone knows police are armed, therefore carrying concealed becomes a moot point.

do better research and you will see that I dont intend to educate anyone. Peoples ignorance of the law is not my concern. Im not a spokesman of gun rights, nor should I be. I hate most people. If I talk to someone then I like them. If I dont talk, I dont like them. Im not fake. Also, how was I mean??? I wasnt mean at all. I probly should have been mean but I wasnt.
    The Woman shouldnt have touched me. in the quote you took from me.
    2nd she opened her mouth and all that came out was: "bla bla bla I'm so stupid but my mouth is moving anyways"

I carry a gun for protection. Protection from ANYONE who wishes to do me my family or any other innocent person harm. Im not the world po po, and I dont carry to intimidate the innocent and weak. But if I intimidate a criminal then GOOD, they should be intimidated that I know how to use what I carry and I will not hessitate to kill them before they kill me. and If I do kill them I will not appologize nor lose sleep over it. I dont carry a gun looking for a fight. I carry to prevent harm to myself or others who cannot or chose not to protect themdelves because they are too week minded to do so. A gun with the constant cobination of my strong mind is simply the easiest and best tool I have availible to prevent harm to myself. If I didnt have a gun or any other weapon, then I would still have my mind. I would gouge out my attackers eyes before I would submit to death at their hands. others would just simply cry for mercy and die a cowards death. One day Gabriel you may have to put your money where your mouth is. Will you be a coward or will you be a survivor? dont be suprised if some of the people you slam here are the ones who will try to help save your life if you needed it.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Simple math actually A X B X 182=C

A= Anus size B= average current market value of cell phones in prison (currently about $500 I believe) 182= days worked in a year. C= Cashola! :D
    my A in this equation was not up to par, so i had to turn to another coworker. it cuts into my profit margin, but saves my rectum. his was already destroyed, so everyone wins.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Your so self absorbed with your profession that you are alienating yourself from the rest of the general population.

Actually, that isn't true. I don't have a problem at all with people carrying either open or concealed. I do feel that OC is not a wise choice, which is why I harp on it. Plus, when I see gun owners being their own worst enemy, I won't hesitate to point it out. That thread is just fuel for anti-gunners. It was easy for me to pick out a couple things and spin them how I wanted. Just think of what someone with an actual agenda could do with it.

The OC thread is more about getting people use to seeing lawful citizens carrying handguns and sharing the experiences that we have when we do it.

It wouldn't read that way to someone coming to this sight casually to look around. It's like going to the Indy 1500 to learn about the gun culture. You'd join Sarah Brady after five minutes.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Actually, that isn't true. I don't have a problem at all with people carrying either open or concealed. I do feel that OC is not a wise choice, which is why I harp on it. Plus, when I see gun owners being their own worst enemy, I won't hesitate to point it out. That thread is just fuel for anti-gunners. It was easy for me to pick out a couple things and spin them how I wanted. Just think of what someone with an actual agenda could do with it.

It wouldn't read that way to someone coming to this sight casually to look around. It's like going to the Indy 1500 to learn about the gun culture. You'd join Sarah Brady after five minutes.

oh please point it out to me so I can laugh at you. will you offer me some uber cool ninja training and edumacate me too, so I can move to pull ups like a big boy??

the anti gunners dont intimidate me. I will spit in their faces. they are enemies of freedom and nothing less. they hide with their anti-American agendas behind libertys shield. The same liberties and freedoms they seek to destroy are the ones that protect them. they will never wanna make peace. if they ever got their way and took away guns (which they wont) they would just try to ban pocket knives next. the stupid leading the stupid. all I can do is sit back and hope they walk into traffic.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    do better research and you will see that I dont intend to educate anyone. Peoples ignorance of the law is not my concern. Im not a spokesman of gun rights, nor should I be. I hate most people.

Then you are probably better off not posting in that thread. That thread is obviously for those that want to help educate the non-gunner and you're doing it a disservice by using it as a forum to complain about how people noticed you were open carrying.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Then you are probably better off not posting in that thread. That thread is obviously for those that want to help educate the non-gunner and you're doing it a disservice by using it as a forum to complain about how people noticed you were open carrying.

no thats not what i think that threads about at all. a little old lady is intimidating to you? because she noticed? not to me. you think you have a right to tell me what a diservice im doing, after the comments you have made? WOW. I bet they are ready to make you chief with your power of perception. :rolleyes:

good that people notice. carrying a gun should be common place. i think its sad the people who dont notice. I think its sad that so many Americans are so stupid and in a world of complacency that a guy can try to set off a car bomb in times square and no one noticed at the immediate time, or cared enough to try and stop him. I bet you could carry a RPG into walmart and no one would notice except the hippies that would probly think it was a giant bong.

speaking of bongs, ive gotta bounce. im losing brain cells arguing with you.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

So, you "don't have a problem at all with people carrying either open or concealed" but you just insulted all of the Vendors, Supporters, and Members, etc, on INGO that go to the 1500 to shop, look around, and even WORK...:dunno:

Sorry, but you come across as if you feel only YOUR type of gun owner is the good kind, and the rest of us are scum...

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    So, you "don't have a problem at all with people carrying either open or concealed" but you just insulted all of the Vendors, Supporters, and Members, etc, on INGO that go to the 1500 to shop, look around, and even WORK...:dunno:

Sorry, but you come across as if you feel only YOUR type of gun owner is the good kind, and the rest of us are scum...

My problem with the 1500 is actually some of the vendors...it's also some of the shoppers. I've had a problem with it for the past fifteen years or so..and the problem is public perception of the firearm community.

I actually liked the Ingo and Raven booths (and a few others). There wasn't any tin-foil black helicopter nonsense at either one that I noticed. If you travel around, though, you get bombarded with all sorts of people you wouldn't really want put on television to support guns rights, and then there's the nice Nazi memorabilia table. The 1500 is ususally a mildly worthwile time, but if someone that was anti-gun could take a camera in there the results would be pretty ugly.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Gabriel, I have to say that if you're a cop, you're not doing your public perception any good.

I've personally posted in that OC Today thread several times. No, I've never posted nor carried and been upset that nobody noticed. Quite the opposite. As a fairly new person to actually carrying a firearm, I'm quite pleased when I go into the public and I don't get hassled or idiotic comments.

I don't want people to see me as a bully nor a criminal when I carry. I want people to see a normal male, father, husband, person out in public with a firearm to protect me and mine.

I don't post in that thread because I want to stroke my own ego. I post because every day I might or might not have an interaction with people in all the places I travel to on a regular basis is one more place that my fellow gun owners/enthusiasts can travel to themselves and know that they're probably not going to have to deal with stupid people or LEOs with a false sense of the law.

I honestly don't want to interact with LEOs in some of the situations I've seen posted on this and other gun sites. Especially in the manner posted in this specific thread. And I thank all of the other members who post in that thread that remind me on a daily basis that my carrying openly is normal, acceptable, and despite what some people think, probably the best thing I can do not only for the protection aspect, but for the possibility of actually being able to educate the masses who don't know or understand.

I have concealed a grand total of twice since I started. Both times were guided by my own sense of prudence and not by some fear or tactical concern. And immediately after I left the situation where discretion proved the best option, I uncovered my weapon and carried openly.

So don't come on here and tell us you agree with people carrying however they do, and then **** all over those of us who open carry and wish to reassure others that do that we're all in this together.

Besides, open carrying makes me want to break stuff with hammers, fix stuff with tools, drink beer, scratch my crotch, smoke cigars, shoot things, watch stuff explode, and punch other guys just to show how manly I am. Oogh Ooogh Ooogh (Tim Allen grunt)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    My problem with the 1500 is actually some of the vendors...it's also some of the shoppers. I've had a problem with it for the past fifteen years or so..and the problem is public perception of the firearm community.

I actually liked the Ingo and Raven booths (and a few others). There wasn't any tin-foil black helicopter nonsense at either one that I noticed. If you travel around, though, you get bombarded with all sorts of people you wouldn't really want put on television to support guns rights, and then there's the nice Nazi memorabilia table. The 1500 is ususally a mildly worthwile time, but if someone that was anti-gun could take a camera in there the results would be pretty ugly.

So you have trouble with people that are different from you?:dunno:

...but of course, gun owners should only be seen if they are dressed properly, as if for afternoon tea, well groomed, well manicured, well mannered, eh old chap?

:rolleyes:

This is how you are coming across:
    snob.jpg

Not saying you are, not calling you names, just pointing out that to an outsider, that is how your posts read...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom